shape
carat
color
clarity

So disappointed - Honeymoon hell!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so a few of you may have seen in the honeymoon thread that my FI and I planned to have a completely offbeat honeymooon. In keeping with our personal love of alternative music we were going to have Reading Festival here in the UK as our honeymoon. We even planned the wedding to coincide with it, the date being the day before we would go to the festival.

Well, tickets went on sale last night at 7pm. Both my FI and I were online on our respective computers and TRIED desperately to get tickets. All the websites selling tickets were completely jammed up, as were the phonelines we had on redial constantly.

Three hours and much frustration later and ALL the weekend tickets have sold out.

So it looks like we have no honeymoon.

It is the last week of the summer holidays, I go back to work the following week so we can''t even book a proper holiday away instead.

At most now we will get 4 nights somewhere and will probably struggle to afford a proper trip away.

What the heck do we do now?

I am so disappointed. He is furious. It''s all he has gone on about for months now. I think he was probably more excited about that then the prospect of standing in front of a lot of people to say his vows!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Oh
7.gif
that''s awful

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That is terrible, but don''t lose hope yet there could be a way to get tickets.

Have you checked E-bay that is the first place I would go, listen to radio competitions they often give away tickets you might get some that way, listen out for any comps that might be able to score you some tickets as well.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, that''s just awful MerryMunky. I would definitely keep an eye out on ebay and the classifieds of the local paper. {HUGS}

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
That''s odd - my sister has always managed to get tickets.

I''ll have a word with her tonight if I can and see if she has any ideas (she''s a starving student mainly so she won''t have been paying ridiculous amounts).

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
8.gif
I am sorry! I know it won''t be what you wanted, but I am sure you can work out an alternative fun getaway for a few days if you can''t find tickets. Sending dust!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry merry...

Do you have ticketplaces in the UK, like we have in the states? They buy up a bunch of the tickets and then sell them from their own locations or online. There are tons of these sites all over the net. I just googled "buy reading festival tickets in UK"

I'm not sure if I can post these, but here are a bunch I found:
http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Festivals/Reading-Festival-Tickets/E-153093 (Full weekend w/ camping)

http://www.seatwave.com/readingfestivaltickets/season (You can change the type of ticket you want in the drop down menu that's mid-page)

HTH
1.gif
Let me know if these aren't what you need, and I can almost promise that I'll find you what you need. FI and I are HUGE sports fans, so I'm constantly findind sporting events and concert tickets online.

ETA: Also, I'm not sure how much these usually cost, but it looks like their around 250 per ticket. Let me know what you are trying to pay per ticket if these are too high.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry things didn''t go as planned! Sending plenty of dust your way in hopes that you find tickets that aren''t too pricey!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s rubbish! I''ll keep everything crossed that you''ll get tickets.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Okay...pep talk...I don''t know what it is like there, having to admit that I''ve never been to a concert outside the US, but here it is unheard of for there not to be scalpers or normal people with extra tickets hanging around.

Maybe this is an option to consider? Yes you might pay a mark up, but...it''s your honeymoon! AND it sounds like you guys have REALLY set your hearts on going to.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry, that sounds awfully disappointing. There''s gotta be another way, though. Tickets are (almost) always gettable. Scalpers, P2P resale sites, eBay... Haven''t followed the links meresal gave you, but I gotta think there''s something there. I hope for the best for you, that would be a lovely honeymoon.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It seems crazy that there wouldn''t be a way to get tickets. I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you that it all works out!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOD RADIOHEAD IS PLAYING AT THE READING FESTIVAL. OH MY GOD.

I am going to find you some tickets - no one misses Radiohead!! The rest of the line-up is damn awesome too - why can''t we have an alternative festival here too?!! I''m soooo envious for not being in the UK.

Ok. Be back with options for you.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your BEST bet would be the London Craigslist site. People will generally sell cheaper than other scalping websites. Here is a link to all the people selling weekend tiks on the London Craigslist site:

London Craigslist, cost starting at 100

Other website options:

Weekend tiks - cost 280

Weekend tiks - cost 230

Tons of weekend tiks - cost 260-285

weekend, but most expensive - cost 399

If I were you, I''d snatch up tickets fast, as it seems like tickets are flying off the shelf (even with the hefty price tag). And I''m not surprised, the line up is fantastic.

Please please please let me know whe you get the tickets, and if you go, how the show is. I''m going to live vicariously through you!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 11:18:35 AM
Author: kama_s

No wonder it sold out so quickly! Great finds with the ticket sites. I hope someone has some you can buy, Merry.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 6:05:52 PM
Author: Addy

No wonder it sold out so quickly! Great finds with the ticket sites. I hope someone has some you can buy, Merry.

Exactly!!

Actually funny story, a good friend of mine got married last year in Chicago on Lollapalooza weekend. She and her now husband go EVERY YEAR. AND to top it all off Radiohead was playing last year... yup, the night of their wedding. Her DH is a HUUUUUUUUGE Radiohead fan. I told my friend she should send an invite to RH, y''know just in case. If anything they might send a card or something which would''ve been a cute keepsake. Dunno if she did or not.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 6:05:52 PM
Author: Addy

Date: 3/31/2009 11:18:35 AM
Author: kama_s

Yeah. True. When RH tickets go on sale here in Toronto, everything''s gone within 10 minutes - they had an open-air concert last year with 10,000 tickets up for grabs....and I think I was the only one amongst all my friends to score two.

The line-up besides RH at the Reading Festival is solid too: Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Placebo, Prodigy, Kings of Leon and more!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Any developments, merry? I sure hope you get to go! What a lineup!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
No not as of yet. I don''t think my FI is willing to let his parents pay out that kind of money for the tickets. It''s ridiculous how much they are selling for. They are double the price of the face value.

I think we are going to look into a mini break somewhere like Dublin or Paris etc.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
The organizers of the Reading festival also do the Leeds festival. It''s the exact same lineup, however the Friday Reading headliners play Leeds on a Saturday etc. Leeds is in Yorkshire, in the north of England. Coming from the USA you could fly into Manchester airport, which is an hours train ride from Leeds city centre. Tickets are still on sale for Leeds and cost the same as Reading.

Leeds is also near York, which is a viking town. You can also explore the Yorkshire dales, bronte country, go to whitby, cool proper British fishing village with the best fish and chip shop ever- the magpie.

Not sure if we have pm''s on this board, but if we do feel free to message me for advice.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well give me a shout if you''re coming to Dublin and need a hand planning anything!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results