shape
carat
color
clarity

Snow pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last we heard yesterday we had 20 inches..but we got another couple last night.

100_03001.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The kids had fun, but it was a chore for poor Trapper-he kept getting stuck.

100_03691.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next year we''re breaking down and getting a snow blower.

100_03711.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10.gif

Looks lovely, though! I miss the snow
7.gif
. I think the woods around my parents' house look so much prettier when everything is draped in white like that - like a fairytale land
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! I really miss living out in the country when we get heavy snows like that-my parents have a HUGE windbreak and tons of trees, and it''s just unbelievably beautiful when it snows. When we get ice storms too, actually.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

Wow!

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:29:52 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
23.gif

Wow!
My sentiments exactly! Here in London we had about an inch of snow last week and it was chaos
32.gif
. My cousin even fractures her arm after slipping on ice. I''ve no idea how we would cope with a real downfall of snow.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo! ANOTHER storm yesterday! Some places have about 4ft, but I don''t think we''ve got that much. I tried out my new boots today and they are great! My new hat didn''t come until after we were done, but the wind is blowing something fierce outside so we''ll have more scooping tomorrow-I''ll try it then! I played in the snow for a little bit and found out my coat doesn''t have a powder skirt so I had snow everywhere inside.

100_03751.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is JD''s "i''m so sick of this" gesture or something.

100_03811.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
whole view of the backyard

100_03821.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 3:26:59 AM
Author: Londongirl1

My sentiments exactly! Here in London we had about an inch of snow last week and it was chaos
32.gif
. My cousin even fractures her arm after slipping on ice. I've no idea how we would cope with a real downfall of snow.
Haha yeah Ireland has pretty much shut down, and it's barely snowing. It's about -6 here, and buses have stopped, schools are closed etc! All our pipes froze at work today so we had no water. Which didn't matter too much, cos hardly anyone came in, cos they are actually (I'm not kidding) running out of salt, and the roads are treacherous. Apparently France have stockpiled a load of salt and the prices are set to soar. Smart French. They are also running out of de-icer for the planes!! The whole fecking country is going to shut down. We are woefully unprepared for a bit of frost!!

Phew. I'm sorry Packrat, I went of on a bit of a rant and a tangent there. Beautiful pics! Glad ye're handling it better than we are
3.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
wow packrat-where do you live?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Porrige, that''s ok! It''s a crazy winter for everyone, for sure!

Bella, I''m in NW Iowa. It was funny when we were outside scooping today, when cars would drive by, there was NO sound. It looked like they were floating by!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Thats all I can really say! Wow!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes! That''s some snow. You can make one heck of a snowman in that.

Now don''t be jealous, but I just took pictures of the snow we''re getting. I''m sure school is already cancelled tomorrow and the news will name this is "Winter Storm of 2010". We''ve been told to expect a "dusting" or if we''re lucky 1/2".

SnowATL.JPG

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
packrat, you live in Iowa right? Am I mistaken? How on earth have you gone so long without a snowblower?!?!? I feel your pain. FI and I didn't have one a couple years ago when we had record snowfall in Eastern Iowa. It was backbreaking labor. The next year, my folks got us one for Christmas. Best.Gift.Ever.

Luckily we haven't had as much snow over here this year. I'm ready for spring. I woke up this morning and just about every school in the area was cancelled. I knew I should have been a teacher. Or a lunch lady.......

ETA. I just read all the posts. Yes, you're from Iowa. Or as I like to call it sometimes, the armpit of America.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
April! You guys need to batten down the hatches hehehe!

I WISH we could make a snowman-London''s been hounding us about it for weeks-but it''s the dry powdery snow. Although...JD did manage to smack me a good one while we were out today..he prolly horked a big ole loogie in it to make it stick.

Yep, Iowa, land of corn and..snow. Hahaha we never had a snow blower growing up and we had waaaay more to scoop then than now even! I like to scoop tho..it''s good exercise and I love being outside. ha, we used to have to scoop paths for the cats back then. JD HATES to scoop. HATES it. When we get THAT much snow at one time, I''m a big fan of multiple scooping-he refuses and waits until it''s done. It''s easier/faster to scoop 2 inches 3 times than scoop 6 inches once-b/c if you get a big wind, you''re scooping more like 10. He doesn''t listen. Hmph.

My only problem today was..I''m only 5ft tall, and the snow is piled higher than me so I have to really give the shovel the ole heave ho to get the snow up. When it''s like this, yes we need a snow blower desperately!

Bring on the snow, Winter! I''ve got all new gear and I am ready!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results