shape
carat
color
clarity

Sneaky (and Romantic) Proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaratMan

Rough_Rock
I just ordered my custom e-ring from WF today and it will be done around the first week of May. I am planning to propose shortly after. I want to make it a romantic moment that she won''t forget, but can''t make it too obvious because she will pick up on it ("Let''s go for a walk on the beach" won''t work). Here is what I was planning:

The only other piece of hand jewelery that my GF wears is a channel set "promise" ring which needs to be taken to Macy''s to be repaired (one of the diamonds fell out). Anyways, I was going to take her ring in about a week before the e-ring comes in and when it does come in, tell her that I just got her promise ring back and it looks better than ever. At this point I will have her close her eyes, get down on my knee and slip the e-ring on her finger instead of the promise ring. Then, I will tell her to open her eyes and ask her if she will marry me. I will book a reservation at a nice local Italian restaurant in advance, to go out and celebrate at afterwards.

Does this sound romantic to you or would you be disappointed if your SO proposed to you like this? Please let me know what you guys think.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that sounds really great. She will never expect it since she thinks it''s just her old promise ring. Where will you be when you give her the ring though? A nice dinner afterwards to celebrate is also a great touch.

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
I think this is a great idea, especially since she probably won''t catch on to what''s going on. She might wonder why you''re getting down on one knee to put her ring on, but what a surprise when she opens her eyes and sees a new ring on her finger instead of her promise ring ... what a neat touch, to literally replace her promise ring with the ring you promised
1.gif

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
I think this sounds like a lovely idea. I think the surprise is wonderful and definitely plan it before your meal if possible. Although my fiance did not really eat dinner after i proposed, it was only because she was shocked and surprised, not sad and wondering what to do..I am so excited by her reaction and will be forever and I think the surprise is what led to that...regardless, i wish you the very best.....

ANGEL WANTS A HALO

Rough_Rock
That is sooo romantic.
emrose.gif
She will love how you proposed to her. That''s something different but really romantic.
36.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 1:52:32 AM
Author: Ashley21
I think this is a great idea, especially since she probably won''t catch on to what''s going on. She might wonder why you''re getting down on one knee to put her ring on, but what a surprise when she opens her eyes and sees a new ring on her finger instead of her promise ring ... what a neat touch, to literally replace her promise ring with the ring you promised
1.gif

He said he would ask her to close her eyes first then just get down on one knee.

I think it is a perfect idea. I can just imagine the shock/surprise in her face when she sees the engagement ring.

GOOD LUCK!

And please come back to let us know how it went...with pics of course ;-)

tomato1

Rough_Rock
Its romantic ..I think

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a nice idea. What about saying something like.

"I picked up your ring and I decided that it was too small. I hope you don''t mind, but I upgraded it a bit..." and then put the ring on her finger and ask...

Please come back and tell us how it goes.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
"Remember the day I gave you the promise ring? I've never forgotten that promise..."
Slips on the new ring as she opens her eyes...

"Will you marry me?"

(oops! Sorry, I get carried away sometimes...
19.gif
)

lexychoo

Rough_Rock
Aww, I started grinning when I read this. I think she''ll have a slight pinch you''re up to something, but I don''t think she''ll fully figure it out. Great idea!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
very romantic!!

let us know how it goes!!!! of course we need pics!

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
Very sweet idea!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Very sweet i think she''ll like it. And will be very surprised.

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
Great idea! She''ll be so thrilled when she opens her eyes! Let us know how it went after you do it!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others - sounds lovely, and we definitely need pictures
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results