shape
carat
color
clarity

smurfysmiles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I never had a problem with the speed at which her relationship moved...I was engaged and living happily with my FI after a mere three months...but, I do absolutely and totally agree with the fact that she rushed a lot of things, and never truthfully took the time to stop/look/listen and plan. I mean, the girl couldn''t afford $30.00 shoes for her wedding. I understand not everyone is well off, and that economy has made the short list of wealthy people much shorter...but, at what point to do get honest with yourself and say "we''re not financially ready for this"? And, it became harder and harder for me to "advise" her or "comment" on her wedding plans because I always felt unsettled like am I breaking her piggy bank or am I making her feel bad?

I did call her out on it once...when she was in her LTR she preached on and on about how pissed she was to be lapped by friends who only dated for months, to which I took offense because it was like she was constantly trying to say that LTR''s are more meaningful that shorter courtships--which isn''t true. So, when she got engaged...I called her out on it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:14:16 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I never had a problem with the speed at which her relationship moved...I was engaged and living happily with my FI after a mere three months...but, I do absolutely and totally agree with the fact that she rushed a lot of things, and never truthfully took the time to stop/look/listen and plan. I mean, the girl couldn''t afford $30.00 shoes for her wedding. I understand not everyone is well off, and that economy has made the short list of wealthy people much shorter...but, at what point to do get honest with yourself and say ''we''re not financially ready for this''? And, it became harder and harder for me to ''advise'' her or ''comment'' on her wedding plans because I always felt unsettled like am I breaking her piggy bank or am I making her feel bad?

I did call her out on it once...when she was in her LTR she preached on and on about how pissed she was to be lapped by friends who only dated for months, to which I took offense because it was like she was constantly trying to say that LTR''s are more meaningful that shorter courtships--which isn''t true. So, when she got engaged...I called her out on it.

Italia, I have a great mental picture of you with a sledgehammer poised over her piggy bank.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone above. I think I stopped responding to any of Smurfy''s posts since her first outburst because I really didnt want to spend time on giving my thoughts and suggestions only for them to be turned down with a fuss.

Smurfy was just not able to disassociate herself from others. When someone mentioned being more experienced with age, she would get defensive - when it wasn''t her place or thread to comment on. Or if someone had issues at work (I think that''s the thread you''re talking about, dreaming of the day), she would make nasty comments about being thankful for having a job.

Her insecurity with herself and her decisions was incredibly obvious in most of her posts. I really wish she would take the time and do some introspection...and there''s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Helps us grow as individuals.

Sooooo, because I''m a shoe size 9 are you guys telling me i''m SOL?!?!?!??!?!
38.gif
7.gif
14.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:25:33 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 4/23/2009 4:14:16 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I never had a problem with the speed at which her relationship moved...I was engaged and living happily with my FI after a mere three months...but, I do absolutely and totally agree with the fact that she rushed a lot of things, and never truthfully took the time to stop/look/listen and plan. I mean, the girl couldn''t afford $30.00 shoes for her wedding. I understand not everyone is well off, and that economy has made the short list of wealthy people much shorter...but, at what point to do get honest with yourself and say ''we''re not financially ready for this''? And, it became harder and harder for me to ''advise'' her or ''comment'' on her wedding plans because I always felt unsettled like am I breaking her piggy bank or am I making her feel bad?

Italia, I have a great mental picture of you with a sledgehammer poised over her piggy bank.
Well...it is a past time of mine.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG can mean oh my gosh...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m still kind of curious as to what was said that got the thread deleted

But I won''t ask cause I don''t want to get in trouble or anyone else in trouble hence my tiny font that I''m hoping Ali won''t see.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:39:59 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I''m still kind of curious as to what was said that got the thread delete

But I won''t ask cause I don''t want to get in trouble or anyone else in trouble hence my tiny font that I''m hoping Ali won''t see.
me too, kinda. because judging from everyone''s responses i think i missed a LOT of what went on... i tend to read bits & pieces. maybe better to let sleeping dogs lie...

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 4:42:34 PM
Author: TheBigT

maybe better to let sleeping dogs lie...
True.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results