shape
carat
color
clarity

SMTR practice photography

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I thought I'd take the heights of LIW craziness to a whole new level by offering a thread where we can practice our ring photography skills. Because it's NOT neurotic enough that we already plan our rhetorical weddings in our heads and secretly look at wedding magazines, right?
3.gif
I felt totally ridiculous doing this, by the way, but it's cool to get an appreciation for how HARD it is to photograph those tiny sparkly things.
1.gif

ETA: Both of these rings are completely not real, I'm not trying to pass them off as such :)

IMG_9889.jpg

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Same photo, with flash. I''m not sure which one I prefer yet since the colors aren''t true in either of them.

IMG_9892.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I still cannot photograph mine! ha!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Pear solitaire. So cute and dainty :)

IMG_9909.jpg

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
And...I officially feel like a little girl playing dress up. haha

IMG_9896.jpg

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Sure I''ll give it a go.. I''ll start with this and try some more with my other rings later

It'' my dainty little purple sapphire and diamond ring

DSC00459.JPG

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Good idea. I have found it extremely difficult to photograph rings/jewelry! My camera has seen better days, but STILL. Why is it so hard?

Yours look great BTW.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
my .56 heart solitaire. sorry so small. grr. The only size that will fit and it will compress to is 56kb. The next size is 110.
29.gif
I hate learning this stuff.
20.gif

New pics 018.jpg

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Handshot-- I think it is the same 'size' as the other, so it will probably be small. grrr

ehh, this is a horrible shot. blah

New pics 001.jpg

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
@namaste I love the color of that purple sapphire. It's almost a periwinkle when the light hits it, which is beautiful.

@Definitely, Maybe: What a lovely heart!! I love that you wear it like a pear, with the tip pointing upward. The flower shot is so pretty too, have you tried lowering the photo quality? My photos were saved at 40% quality in photoshop so they could still size large.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the compliments and advice. I will try changing the camera settings- I have no idea what they are on.

As far as how I wear it... I normally wear it so that I can see the heart shape when I look at my own hand. I really don''t wear it that often (which makes FF mad) because I don''t like people asking "are you engaged?!" when we''re not. It drives me nuts, because I normally wear it on my right hand. Anyways, so just around the house is when I wear it facing me and outside I wear it as shown. Man, I am long winded and I seriously doubt you wanted/cared to know that information.
3.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
News_girl- Your shots are really great! I find that table tops are a good place to take clear pics. Gives you a solid surface to rest everything on to minimize the bluriness. Of course, I still try to take pics of my e-ring while I''m holding the ring AND the camera.

I love the other rings you guys have posted! Keep posting those practice pics! Can''t have enough photos on PS.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results