shape
carat
color
clarity

Smelly Candles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know where you can buy candles that make a noticeable smell when burnt? I''m trying to find some new ones for new years (we''re having some people over), but can never find ones that will actually smell like something when burning!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE smelly candles!!! Illume are the best. Second best is Voluspa! Well, that is my opinion.

I have to say though...I just converted to Glade pull-ins with the fan and I am in
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. My only problem is the competing smell of "clean linen" and "apple cinnamon" that I have going on right now.
23.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Thanks miracles - I''m hoping to be able to go to the mall tomorrow to buy them, but I''m in Canada and don''t know if I''d be able to find Illume or Voluspa anywhere
7.gif

In terms of overall smell, I currently have a reed diffuser going, and it smells nice... but there''s just something about the ambiance of a candle that I LOVE!

Maybe I''ll just have to go wander around the mall into the little specialty shops and see if I can find those brands...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yankee candles always make my house smell delicious - especially if I get the apple ones. Mmmm, just like pie!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I actually try to avoid that somewhat because people can be very sensitive to smells. Another option is to bake some cookies or even put cinnamon and vanilla in a pan and simmer it on the stove.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Tyler Candle Company makes my very favorite candle ever, the scent is called Diva. I burned it yesterday morning and the scent is still light in the air today. It might be a bit strong for some people, but I can''t get enough of the smell (even though I tend not to wear perfume or like smelly places in general).

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I am quite sensitive to smell and I don''t really like fragrance in rooms (ok, I detest it and I cringe when I walk into a house with smells like that and I can''t get out fast enough) BUT someone gave me a Yankee candle for Christmas and it''s lovely! From a veteran hater of scented candles, this is praise indeed!
9.gif
I hated the smell of it unlit, but DH lit it when I wasn''t looking and it is really nice.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I use the candles n smellies from the yankee candle company. The French vanilla is gorgeous and I use it in my car. The smell lasts forever. I''ve tried everything under the sun and imho these are the only ones that last.

http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/retail.jsp

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite line is Aromatique. I love their Cinnamon Cider and Orange & Evergreen scents. I find no off-scents in them like I do in some of the Yankee candles. They burn well and seem to be available in most decent department stores, at least here in the center of the US.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without a doubt, Yankee Candles. I''ve been buying them for twenty two years. I''m in their store every month or two restocking my personal assortment. They use the purest essences on the market. My favorites have always been the "foody" candles (apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg) as opposed to the floral or fruity candles.

If you can go to some place that sells Yankee Candles, take a whiff of "Autumn Wreath" for spicey scents and "Christmas Cupcake" for sweet scents. Both are delicious.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yankee Candles for me! I love the smells and have either the candles going or the plug ins.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the Yankee Candle suggestion, but I''ve also had much better luck with the Scented Oils than candles in terms of smelling while they''re burning. Glade makes them, and I think Febreeze does too, and you can get them at any Target store.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
tyler candles and wood wicks. for winter, i love the fireplace scent by wood wick.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I recently got a candle I loved, it''s an appley-cinnamon scent too, by Colonial Candles (it has a double wick and is in a cool oval shaped glass container)...it smells AWESOME and is nice and strong, while burning, but the wax seems to liquefy quickly and the dang thing is just disappearing FAST! But the scent is probably stronger because it does liquefy quickly. I have noticed this ''quick burn up'' happens with the newer, heavily scented candles (happened with another brand I tried too), whereas other candles (older ones) don''t seem to burn up as quickly. Anyone else noticed this?

And I also have a jar candle warmer, you place a larger jar style candle on it and as the wax warms and melts, it acts like an oil diffuser...it gives a stronger scent than burning does.

My DS gave me an oil diffuser for Christmas, but I''ll wait until after all the Christmas candles are put away before I use it...will be a nice mid-winter pick me up!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
im a yankee candle girl too :) i was in heaven at christmas because i got so many!!!
Also I got a plug in wallflower from bath n body works with sweet pea and my bedroom smells so good everytime i walk in now!

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Febreeze candles are my favourite. They''re not overpowering, but they are present. :) I get mine at the grocery.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
For Christmas someone gave me one from Anthropolgie that smells really good. This candle. But beware, it smelled so good my 19 year old cat jumped on the table to get a whiff and singed her fur. :( She''s very smart though and stopped, dropped and rolled before it really started burning.

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
without a doubt... YANKEE CANDLES! they have the best choice of smells EVER!! and they smell scrumptious!

lilylover

Shiny_Rock
Wood Wick candles are AWESOME! They smell delicious, make a soothing sound, and last forever. My favorite scent from them is their vanilla.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a fan of the Bath and Body Works triple wick candles, they burn kind of fast because of the three wicks but they smell awesome, I''m very into the Twilight Woods right now...

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
I love Voluspa!

Pomegranate and Patchouli has been my at-home scent for years.
I also like Cardamom and Fig for the bathroom (it''s really strong. Too strong for my liking actually. I just burn it to get rid of potty smells)

Cult of Helios scent is beautiful too!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I usually buy the yankee candles too. However, the other day I completely forgot and needed a christmasy smelling candle and grabbed a glade apple and cinnamon from the grocery store and was pleasantly surprised by it. It worked really well and I could smell it all through the house.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
if you''re looking for lots of scent, i''d suggest the yankee tarts. they are kind of like concentrated scented oil candles, and they have these little pots that you put them and then burn a tealight underneath to melt the oil. they smell SOOOOOO good, last forever, and really give you some scent to notice! my husband even burns those!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
More votes for Yankee, Wood Wick, and Party Lite (except I think they have to be ordered?)! I love all of them. And if you don''t want to invest a ton of money Yankee does the small ones on sale a lot.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I like Yankees, but my tops are my Party Lites. They last long, and they smell scrumptious

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2009 11:05:30 AM
Author: y2kitty
For Christmas someone gave me one from Anthropolgie that smells really good. This candle. But beware, it smelled so good my 19 year old cat jumped on the table to get a whiff and singed her fur. :( She''s very smart though and stopped, dropped and rolled before it really started burning.
Oh my, thank goodness for a smart kitty! Glad she''s okay.

For candles I love anything yankee candle my favorite being clean cotton, we''ve also tried Glade candles and they''re pretty good too

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The idea of "smelly candles" strikes me funny
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results