shape
carat
color
clarity

Smaller gemstone sellers

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow I've made it several years lurking on this sight without becoming enchanted with larger gemstones. As I slowly start to look into purchasing loose gemstones, I've been struck by the lack of sellers that target smaller gems. Most of the recommended sellers seem to focus on larger gemstones.

If anyone has any suggestions of sellers with 4-6mm gems, I'd appreciate the recommendations.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As others have said Etsy is a good source. One issue can be that smaller gems with a lower price might not be certified due to the cost so buy from better established vendors unless you want to take your chances.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I would also say that Desertrose would be a good vendor to watch for the smaller gems. You can find her on IG and LT. She used to be active here on PS.

Edit: if you care about certs with the smaller stones, Wildfish Gems has a cert on everything and specializes in untreated. Their prices are accordingly higher.

Last edited:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto on Desertrose. I bought some cute and bright gemstones from her. Mvmgems made me some 4.5 mm spinel earrings.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Etsy, Ebay, Yvonne, take a look at the post with the list of recommended vendors at the top of the coloured stone pages, they often have smaller stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results