shape
carat
color
clarity

Sleepypod pet bed - has anyone tried it?

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone here used the Sleepypod luxury pet bed? I'm thinking of getting one for our 3.5 lb poodle. She's currently in bed with us and the other two dogs but she's driving all of us batty. She's an active sleeper unlike the other two dogs. She really likes being warm so she crawls under the covers at night and tucks her body almost directly under my shoulder and/or chest. This makes me think she might like the Sleepypod. The Sleepypod comes with an optional heating pad. She has her knee surgery early next month so this will be the ideal time to transition her to the new sleeping arrangement. I want to make it so cozy and comfortable that she won't want to come back into bed with us. Yeah, I know, good luck to me on that one :lol: .

If anyone else has suggestions please let me know. She has a kennel she used to sleep in until she realized "hey, why are the other two dogs in bed with mom and dad but not me?". She started whining through the night and after a week of sleep deprivation I gave in. If I would have known she'd be such a little pain I'd never have brought her in. Our late dog (one in my avatar) used to sleep on my pillow wrapped around my head. Surprisingly this never bothered me. DH said it looked like I was wearing a fur hat to bed.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a large dog so different needs but we try not to spend much money of pet beds. Hollis does the scratch, scratch, turn around three times before he lays down. This inevitable shreds the insides of the bed to bits.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before my beagle passed a few years ago, I got him a heated puppy bed (not this brand) because he always seemed cold as well, and he LOVED it and practically lived in it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles, My maltipoo is exactly like your dog. If your do is anything like ours I doubt it would work. She probably likes being close to you just as much as she likes the heat from your body.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jocojenn, what a nice dog mom you are!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will depend on the type of noise the heater makes. she may like it.

My dog is spoiled. SPOILED.....:lol: nearly every she owns is memory foam. She doesn't get on furniture so and being she's tall and skinny, and I figure its kinda my duty to make sure she's comfy. At home she's got 4 beds around the house. then there's a bed for each of our cars (she has her own designated spot that she doesn't like to share with STUFF) then at the vacation house she's got three (seriously I'm not moving them big ass beds from house to house).

My dog hates round beds, they.must.be.square I bought a really cute bessie and barnie hot lipstick pink round bed and ended up giving it away...lol Lot of greyhound owners seem to like the Orvis round beds or Bessie and Barnie Bagel Beds
as you can imagine, not really cheap options https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...+Beds&rh=i:aps,k:Bessie+and+Barnie+Bagel+Beds

Below link is the last bed I got. She's had it almost 3 years and its held up very well even with washes to the cover every 2 weeks. The company does make smaller version of this behemoth
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FVPKQ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, love your avatar! Woof :lol:!

I'm a dog ortho surgery veteran (including knees). Highly recommend laser treatments postop for reduction of inflammation and pain. 3X per week, 3 weeks is typical. Also, rehab with a canine physical therapist including aqua treadmill and massage at end of session. If you have hard floors, consider some rugs and runners to give your dog stability and security. I hope it goes great, dust Dust DUST to you guys!

I use chillow pads, they are great for the dogs to lie on postop, also Back on Track therapeutic dog beds are great, check the website.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn - do you remember what brand the bed was? I'd be interested in comparing. These Sleepypods are expensive but it will only be worth it if she uses it.

Calliecake - that's what I'm afraid of. I have a feeling once she's healed from her surgery she'll want to be back in bed with the "big" dogs. She's the boss of the other two and she won't take kindly to them sharing the bed with mama if she can't.

Puppmom - I've had good luck so far with Bowsers brand pet beds but our dogs are all under 10 lbs. They may not work for yours. I have 3 of the scoop beds lined up in front of our fireplace.

Arcadian - thanks for posting the link. The Bessie and Barnie beds sound promising. I could put these inside a larger kennel for her. She definitely likes feeling cocooned. There is nothing the matter with being spoiled :lol: . My mother-in-law used to tell me that in her next life she wanted to come back as my dog.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Azstonie. I will talk to my friend about this. She is a dog physiotherapist. She does physiotherapy and acupuncture with my other two. I know our clinic uses laser therapy so I'll ask our vet about this. We have some carpet and some hard surface floors in our house. She'll be confined to the carpeted area and away from the other two for about 8 weeks as per the surgeon.

I am nervous about the surgery, especially having both done at the same time but it's better than putting her through surgery twice. We noticed her running on three legs and knew immediately there was a problem. I was shocked to find out that both knees were bad. The the surgeon said the one she runs on is worse than the other but the one she holds up is more painful. Our middle dog had necrosis of the hip joint and we were worried she had the same. As it turns out it's luxating patellas which is better than hip issues but still not great. Thanks for the dust.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Poodles.. we actually bought a sleepy pod for kiki when he first got ill as a special treat when he first got pancreatitis, as we were going to the vet all the time. Very easy to get him in and out of, and Max and Kiki both slept in it a lot. I only put the top on when we wen to the vet. I do like that you can use the seatbelt to secure it in the car. I did not buy the heated pad that goes with it. We have two round heated beds already so I just didn't bother, but if I didn't have the heated beds, I would of. They love the heated beds. I was looking for a photo of them in it, but can't find one. It is easy to take apart and wash.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Poodles.. we actually bought a sleepy pod for kiki when he first got ill as a special treat when he first got pancreatitis, as we were going to the vet all the time. Very easy to get him in and out of, and Max and Kiki both slept in it a lot. I only put the top on when we wen to the vet. I do like that you can use the seatbelt to secure it in the car. I did not buy the heated pad that goes with it. We have two round heated beds already so I just didn't bother, but if I didn't have the heated beds, I would of. They love the heated beds. I was looking for a photo of them in it, but can't find one. It is easy to take apart and wash.

Thanks Siamese3. I appreciate you posting especially after having such an emotionally difficult day. The design of the Sleepypod looks really neat and I like that there is the optional heating pad. She's always so cold. Her little feel are like ice at times. No wonder she likes the warmth of my body in bed. I have a Sherpa travelling case for her which she loves. She runs right in as soon as I open it. When I take her back and forth to the vet or grooming I always put her case on the passenger side seat and turn on the heated seat for her. I don't know if the heat comes through that well but I'm sure it must help. She managed to get into a laundry basket a couple of times which she seemed to really like.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks JoCoJenn. I appreciate you taking the time to look this up for me. Emmitt looked so comfy all snuggled up in there.

Funny story, our little one can't get on and off the sofa by herself. There have been a few times that DH has put her on and then forgotten she was there. He leaves the room and she's stuck on the sofa. The other two have no issues getting on and off. I was in another room and I saw the other two dogs but no baby. Sure enough I went to family room and there she is pacing back and forth. Instead of barking to get off she peed on hubby's heating pad. At least it wasn't plugged in at the time. Our dogs use UGO dog potty's and I guess it looked close enough - flat and beige.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results