shape
carat
color
clarity

Sleepless in HONG KONG 2004

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2457h

Rough_Rock

Dear All

I just wanted to share this with all of you since, it was this website and all of you that help me figure out the most complicated issues, BUYING that DIAMOND RING, with so many vairables. A lady by the name of Merle help me tremendously, at the end, I made my choice with WF.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5539110

My occupation has been in the Financial Industry in Global Wealth Management. I started flying internationally about 4 years ago (2000), as with this job it took me all over ASIA, such as Taiwan, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong and Japan. Of course you can imagine the excitment in the begining traveling to these exotic countries all over Asia. But the one that stand out to my memory is being in Hong Kong around 9:43pm in November in front of the Peninsula Hotel (Kowloon)off the railings of the Hong Kong Harbor looking towards Hong Kong Island, I must say that is probably the most romantic sight i have ever bestowed. I told myself, one day if I do get propose I would like to propose right on this spot at round this time around this month. Well folks guess what I am doing that with my significant other (she thinks its a vacation) on November 19th I am flying her (Business Class) to Hong Kong and on Nov. 22nd at around 9pm I am going to POP the questions. Regardless of the outcome of her answer, I have learned a valuable experience from this ordeal which i hope i only have to do once in my lifetime. I only known my significant other for only 6 months but sometimes you just feel this the one, and that she is what you are looking for in spending your life with. Well so with all this is in mind this is my perposal idea, let me know if anything would make it better, any suggestion would be great. I am a little nervous a little excited and very much in LOVE............ wish all of you have a great holiday and cheerish that special someone in your life.

Thanks All.

30.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh wonderful!!! Be sure to tell us all about it and good luck to you!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

Flowers and champagne right after (waiting in the wings somewhere) then a long talk about how she feels about it later on may also be a good idea. 6 months is not a long time to know each other, and my fiance and i knew after 1 week...HOWEVER, saying FOREVER is tough and if he asked me at 6months, I may have said yes, but there''s so MUCh to talk about in the inbetween stages...

Call me nuts, but a proposal should be a fairly certain thing on both parts, or else you may not both be on the same page. My proposal was not a surprise in coming, but the details and romance where. Just saying that if you have discussed this topic, or you discuss your future regularly then it''s probably a good idea. If it''s a great big surprise, don''t be surprised if she''s not ready or not willing to settle down yet, if she says "no". Men think all women are dying to get married, and in reality, not too many women I know are, even those women who are "past their young girl stages"...

Either way, keep the communication open, and don''t be nervous. Relax, deep breaths, don''t rehearse and think it will come out perfectly. Speak from your heart, and make her feel special. You sound like you have a great plan, I wish you lots of luck!!!

35.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

I am sure she will love the view. Ever since I was a little girl, I had always wanted to stay at the Pennisula Hotel because it was so pretty. After the proposal, you guys can enjoy a walk along the Victoria Harbour. The lights on the skycrapers are magnificant. My fiance and I just went to Hong Kong for vacation this past July. It was so amazing to see that view with someone you love. Good luck with the proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results