shape
carat
color
clarity

Size of stone in ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I need some advice...
I''m looking for a padparadscha, preferably in a halo setting. My ring size is I and a half, which is somewhere between 4 and a half and 4 and 3 quarters. I know that a really huge rock is going to look silly on my little finger, but I also don''t want it to be puny. So what should I be looking for?
Any help would be appreciated!
1.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Size is so subjective! Your puny could be someone elses huge, and your huge could be someone elses puny. When looking at coloured gems, remember to go by mm - diameter size - and not by carat as it varies quite a bit. In my personal, inexperienced opinion I think about 7mm is a gorgeous proportion for your finger size, but again, verrrry subjective!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You really need to go and try some rings on in person to see what you like. Even if it''s not a pad-any sapphire will work. Make sure you look at the measurements of the stone-not the carat weight-as colored stones of the same carat weight can be wildly different in size depending on cutting.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:40:30 PM
Author: neatfreak
You really need to go and try some rings on in person to see what you like. Even if it''s not a pad-any sapphire will work. Make sure you look at the measurements of the stone-not the carat weight-as colored stones of the same carat weight can be wildly different in size depending on cutting.
Ditto, you definitely need to try some halos on to figure out the best size of the stone. In addition, not all halos are created equal. Some are very fine and delicate and don''t look overly large and others look quite large and thick. On me personally I tried on a .75 round diamond in a ritani halo setting and that would be as large as I would want to go with a halo on my 4.25 sized hand. I have an antique cushion ring with a .44 stone that is a great look on my hand!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much! I''m so happy to have found PS, everyone is so helpful and nice. I will definitely go try on some rings ASAP to see what size will be right for me. I thought carats would be a good determining factor, but thanks to you all I won''t make a mistake now.
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi kribble :)

cherrypicked.com normally carries some beautiful padparadschas, in various sizes. they''re a gorgeous stone - and good ones are rare.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results