shape
carat
color
clarity

Size of stone in new Tiffany''''s ad?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is the ad where the guy is kissing his wife''''s cheek and she''''s giggling. It''''s on the back of In Style Weddings and in most bridal magazines. Can anymore approximate the size of the stone? I''''m thinking something like 2.5-3 carats, but I''''m not sure. It''''s the size of my "dream" stone!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you scan it or something? I would love to see it...

lauraher

Rough_Rock
Oh, I have that magazine too, and was wondering the same exact thing. I think it is around the 3ct range-it''s huge! But I would like to know what the actual size is too.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I agree with the 2.5 to 3 carat range. That is my best guess.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I have that scan... here it is
30.gif

TiffanyInStyleAd2006.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bling, once again you are amazing! Any more fun ones in the celeb thread? it has been quiet...

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I know I''ve been slacking lately w/ the celeb e-rings thread... I haven''t seen any new ones yet, but a couple celebs just got married, so hopefully I can find some bling shots!!!
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Awesome photo! Thanks for sharing.

Hmmmm... if I were to guess, I''d say it''s about Mara or Dem''s size. (And well, yeah, that would be mine, too... but mine doesn''t look NEAR that big to me!!!!! While, on the other hand, theirs looks HUGE to me. Diamond anorexia, you know!)
20.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love that look! It looks like 2.5-2.7 carats. Tiffany ads tend to picture solitaires in the 3ct range. They're trying to give us all shrinkage!
41.gif

Which do you think looks better with the solitaire?
The one pictured or the traditional shared prong?

I'm thinking the one pictured is mighty purdy.
31.gif
Shared prong bands tend to blend in too much with the solitaire but this one is different enough to make it POP more.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 3:06:38 PM
Author: Julian
They''re trying to give us all shrinkage!
41.gif
Yeah ... wonder why they''d wanna do that
31.gif
31.gif
?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m probably going to go with that look because it''s safe, classic, and beautiful!

Is that a channel set band with that solitaire? I think that solitaire looks like 3 cts. at least. Wow.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the 3ct estimate. I was just in tiffs and had a 1.5 on my hand that looked small compared to that pic
15.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well part of it depends on her hands! she looks like she''s got smallish hands. so it could be like a 2.5c on a size 4 finger or something. but i think it looks bigger than my 2.3 on a size 6..more like a 3c on a size 6.

i dont like that band she has with it either, it''s a little too flashy for that size solitaire, i like the shared prong look much better!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 4:45:52 PM
Author: Mara
well part of it depends on her hands! she looks like she''s got smallish hands. so it could be like a 2.5c on a size 4 finger or something. but i think it looks bigger than my 2.3 on a size 6..more like a 3c on a size 6.

i dont like that band she has with it either, it''s a little too flashy for that size solitaire, i like the shared prong look much better!
Hey Mara! You have excellent taste & a good eye, so I need clarification!
19.gif

Do you mean the band is too flashy because the solitaire is too small or too big for it?

Proportionally, would it look better with a bigger or smaller solitaire stone?

I love that band! And the plus would be, it would not eat the prongs of the e-ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think that style of wedding bands is a matter of taste. Tiffany''s puts a plain platinum knife edge band, a channel set band, and a shared prong band with that solitaire. I think it would be nice to have a couple of those for variety! But I agree that I wouldn''t wear a shared prong band daily unless it absolutely would not scratch the e-ring prongs.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
You know, the weirdest thing is -- the knife edge platinum band seems to make the solitaire look the biggest.

The shared prong eternity band lends more bling, but kind of blends in too much. I feel like it takes away the POP of the star, the center stone.

But this one looks like it helps POP the lil' starlet AND is a little blingy, too.

Me likey!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 3:49:02 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I''m probably going to go with that look because it''s safe, classic, and beautiful!

Is that a channel set band with that solitaire? I think that solitaire looks like 3 cts. at least. Wow.

~~It''s a channel set band...I used to looove the shared prong look, but then I saw this ad, and it changed my mind!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah miss julian, THIS look just is SOOOO not working for me.....lookit that shared prong STEALING the show from the center stone!

AS IF.
31.gif

this is my dream set!!!!!!! precious jewels 3c royal crown solitaire and ACA wedding band.

excuse me while i get a drool bucket!

precious jewels blingarific set.jpg

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand corrected.
30.gif

WOWOWOWOWOW.

How big are each of the diamonds in the eternity band?

YIKES! AWESOME!!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

What size is her finger? A 1.5?

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.

My heart just stopped!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehee..

the melee are like 10 pointers or 15 pointers i think...

she has a size 3 i think..or 3.5. that 3c just looks amazing on her!!!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, you gotta give warning before posting something like that!

It's like... KA-POW!

I think I choked on my own spit.

Seriously....I coughed for like 5 whole minutes.

ROFL!!!!!

Mere mortals need preparation before seeing precious jewels' set.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every time I see her set, I say HOLY CRAP!!!!! I mean it''s to die for, OMG!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture from Tiffany''s website that I have save in my favorite pictures. Anytime I get a wild hair about a fancy halo, or antique looking mounting, I look at this one, and I come to my senses. So classic!

~RedRaider

ClassicTiffany.jpg

RedRaider

Rough_Rock
Here it is with the shared prong band. So pretty, too. I can''t make up my mind between the two different bands, so until I do, I''ll just wear what I''ve got.
28.gif
hee. hee. As if!

~RedRaider

ClassicTiffany2.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 5:52:29 PM
Author: Mara
oh yeah miss julian, THIS look just is SOOOO not working for me.....lookit that shared prong STEALING the show from the center stone!

AS IF.
31.gif

this is my dream set!!!!!!! precious jewels 3c royal crown solitaire and ACA wedding band.

excuse me while i get a drool bucket!

~~Mara just set me straight!!! Now I don''t know which one looks better!!! LOL
2.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 6:43:12 PM
Author: RedRaider
Here is a picture from Tiffany''s website that I have save in my favorite pictures. Anytime I get a wild hair about a fancy halo, or antique looking mounting, I look at this one, and I come to my senses. So classic!

~RedRaider

~~I have that pic saved on my computer too!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh this thread is just killing me
32.gif
..I just adore the solitaire with the shared prong wedding band
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2006 10:44:20 PM
Author: mrssalvo
oh this thread is just killing me
32.gif
..I just adore the solitaire with the shared prong wedding band
30.gif
Lol, mrssalvo! I keep coming back to this as well! I think someone needs to design a pop-out head so we can have our three favorite settings so we can change out our diamond depending on our mood!

This thread has made me think I need to stick with this and not drive myself crazy over settings.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is a classy, elegant look. No doubt about it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
I LOVE the solitaire with shared prong wedding band look too but I''m a bit biased.
2.gif
My set is a mini version of it and not from Tiffany''s!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results