shape
carat
color
clarity

Singapore Recommendations - stopover for 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I will be in Singapore for a 2 day stopover, and was wondering if any wonderful PSér have been there or live there, and can give me some recommendations for things to do that are a must see. I have a pre-schooler with me, but he is a great traveller and is used to going to all sorts of places.

Any hints/tips / recommendations much appreciated
36.gif

Aside from the jetlag I am really looking forward to it.
35.gif

d2b

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only been to Singapore once, about 10 years ago. But my favorite memory from the trip was going to the Singapore Zoo.

So I would highly suggest that, especially with a pre-schooler.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aside from the Zoo, there''s the Night Safari (which may work out better if you''re jetlagged). Your pre-schooler will have fun riding the tram and getting up close and personal with all sorts of animals. It''s safe, don''t worry.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 1:57:49 PM
Author: Iowa Lizzy
I''ve only been to Singapore once, about 10 years ago. But my favorite memory from the trip was going to the Singapore Zoo.

So I would highly suggest that, especially with a pre-schooler.
Ditto. Kids enjoy it. They have a numbers of different animal shows scheduled for the day, so plan your route and shows before going around. They even have mini trains to bring you around the Zoo, in case kids do not want to walk.

The Singapore Aquarium on Sentosa Island is another place worth visiting too.

Enjoy your trip!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were there last June and loved the Midnight Safari. Sentosa Island was brilliant as well and the nightlife around Clark''s quay was brilliant. There were some great bars and restaurants there.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting very excited about Singapore, never been there before. Thanks for your suggestions so far, any other ideas most welcome as well, markets, areas for shopping, nature, senic stuff.

Cant wait.
35.gif

d2b

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there,

Everyone has given great suggestions.

http://www.zoo.com.sg/ - get there as earlier as possible. You can have breakfast with the animals and get a up close and touching session. Look at the website for the hours of the breakfast. If its too early go later in the afternoon. Even as an Australian the heat and humidity here is a killer. They have just updated their kids water playground - its awesome, my children had tonnes of fun there.

Night Safari my children never tire of.

Ditto on the Sentosa Aquarium and Clarke Quay.

If you have time go the east coast for a dinner of either pepper/chilli crabs, drunken prawns, crispy skin chicken.............you just gotta eat when you get here. Roti Prata, chicken rice, char kway teow.........satays..

Where are u staying, I might be able to be more specific.

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
We visit Singapore pretty frequently and the last time at the end of January we had our 8 year old with us. We took her to the zoo and the night safari. We also took her on a Singapore river cruise (30 min),which was great and we really enjoyed it too, and the Merlion park. She really enjoyed every part of the trip.
I hear that the bird park is great. You can get a great deal on tickets if you buy them for 2 or 3 parks at the same time. Also, there are a number of shuttles that pick up from hotels for the night safari. I think they mainly depart from the hotels on Orchard, but check the website, that''s where we found the information.

Oh, if you do go to the night safari, I suggest avoiding the free flying bats aviary. I am sure I heard my husband squeal half way through it. He denies it though
9.gif

Enjoy your visit. Singapore is fantastic!!

staticfree

Rough_Rock
only 2 days? forget the Zoo, Bird park and Sentosa. Go and enjoy the city instead!

Walk down Orchard Road, All the way from Scotts Road (Start) to Suntec city (End)
You''ll pass by TONS of shopping centres. Go in and enjoy the aircon.
As you walk down orchard, take in the sights of the city, passing brand spanking new constructions and refurnished buildings serving as museums and boutique stores. Have lunch in an outdoor foodcourt. Have the local dry noodles, chicken rice, or roast pork rice.
Bring your camera and take photos. snapsnapsnapsnapsnap...
Walk pass Raffles Hotel and have the Orginal Singapore Sling at the Long Bar.
Continue on to Suntec City and The Esplanade. camera time. Beautiful view of the Financial District with the tall buildings and bright neon lights.
Have dinner at Satay Club at The Esplanade.
Want a beer? A slow walk to Boat Quey or Clarke Quey and sit by the river and enjoy.

Day 2. Go to Chinatown!!! Yes, Singapore is mainly chinese, but we still have a chinatown. Take in the sounds, sights and umm... forget scents.
Bargain for everything!

If you are feeling hot, go to the airport early. The dutyfree shopping is awesome and there''s tons to do in the airport.

Enjoy the city!

oh wait... preschooler... errrr... ok, birdpark is the best place. sentosa, not so much. remember to bring sunblock and lots of water.

Enjoy the city.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I visited Singapore a few years ago and really loved the Botanic Gardens. There is a bit of walking though, so I''m not sure how well that would work with your pre-schooler. It''s beautiful though, and worth a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results