shape
carat
color
clarity

Since I can''t chop off the heel...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Of the Manolo Blahnik Sedarabays which I know many of you have and I endlessly drool over, anyone know any very similar looking flats or low-heeled shoes (less than 2")? I''ve scoured all the flats websites and just can''t find them. I mean..it''d be like..committing a sin to try to convince a shoe person..what''s the word..(a cobbler? wow i sound not sophisticated now) to cut off the heel of a Manolo, right?
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Siiiigh.

Manolos ( T _ T )

I love the blue. Man I wanna cry about this!
39.gif
39.gif
These are the shoes, just way too tall for me because FI is about 5''8"! Do they do special orders? Wow now I am really getting crazy, as if threatening to cut the heel down wouldn''t be enough. I guess it would not only be committing a sin to do that, but hurt the integrity of the shoe, too? Sooo three requests: please find me some very similar shoes, can you cut a heel down without being struck by lightening or ruining a $600 pair of shoes, and three could I beg someone to do a special order have you ever heard of this?
32.gif

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Manolo offers the Sedaraby (through Bergdorf Goodman in NY) in a mid heel (70mm), rather than the regular (90mm) 3.5inches. I think that translates to 2.5 inches... Is that still too high??

I gasp at the thought of chopping off a heel! LOL

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Me too, but I am so desperate!
31.gif
31.gif
Haha. I would never actually do that, I think I''d go and be like nevermind. Haha. Wow really? I didn''t know this, that might work!! Thank you sooo much.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I will call Bergdorf tomorrow!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Lord, Sarah!!! I nearly had heart palpitations when I again saw that beautiful shoe, even more gorgeous in that color...

but then...I nearly had heart failure when I actually saw the price for the first time!!!

Holy crap!!! Those suckers cost more than what I finally broke down and spent on my wedding dress!

(And yes, I mean the real one this time, none of the ones from ebay!
6.gif
)

*SIGH* I am way too hard on shoes...I'd ruin those the minute I took them outta the box, I'm sure...but boy, I sure do envy you girls who can get those beautiful babies!!!
30.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I think when FI saw the price his response was "Ummmm...well looks like that''s something your parents can pay for.
32.gif
" Haha. Maybe I can convince my Mom they are worth it? I don''t think I''ve ever spent that much on shoes before, I got most of my designer shoes on sale at Saks during after Christmas sales.
22.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Omg would it be evil to ask FI to wear these? Haha has anyone heard of these? http://www.menstallshoes.com/home.php?cat=1 Wow I am on a selfish binge tonight.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 12:37:48 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Yeah I think when FI saw the price his response was ''Ummmm...well looks like that''s something your parents can pay for.
32.gif
'' Haha. Maybe I can convince my Mom they are worth it? I don''t think I''ve ever spent that much on shoes before, I got most of my designer shoes on sale at Saks during after Christmas sales.
22.gif

These are the most expensive pair of shoes I have ever purchased. Although, not by much
31.gif

Plus you can re-wear them! That makes it worth it, right??

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Those are some of the funnieist things I have ever seen...I say go for it if you can talk him into it!!!
36.gif

Funny story...I am only 5''3" and dated a guy who swore he was 5''6" (he was RIPPED in the bod, but you just can''t fake height every day, I''m afraid!) I was just as tall as he was flat-footed but he never admitted he was shorter than he (or his driver''s license!) said. He was of course a cowboy
9.gif
, so he wore Packers (western lace-up boots with a huge stacked heel)...I guess maybe he was measuring himself with THOSE on when he was aiming for that 5''6" measurement, huh?

Since we''re being catty tonight, think I should send the link for those to my ex??? His wife is at least 3-4 inches taller and several pounds larger than he is...maybe these shoes would give him, well, a leg, or a heel, or at least a couple of inches up on her?
28.gif

Oh, we are so bad...shame on us!
31.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 12:59:21 AM
Author: Harleigh
OMG! Those are some of the funnieist things I have ever seen...I say go for it if you can talk him into it!!!
36.gif

Funny story...I am only 5''3'' and dated a guy who swore he was 5''6'' (he was RIPPED in the bod, but you just can''t fake height every day, I''m afraid!) I was just as tall as he was flat-footed but he never admitted he was shorter than he (or his driver''s license!) said. He was of course a cowboy
9.gif
, so he wore Packers (western lace-up boots with a huge stacked heel)...I guess maybe he was measuring himself with THOSE on when he was aiming for that 5''6'' measurement, huh?

Since we''re being catty tonight, think I should send the link for those to my ex??? His wife is at least 3-4 inches taller and several pounds larger than he is...maybe these shoes would give him, well, a leg, or a heel, or at least a couple of inches up on her?
28.gif

Oh, we are so bad...shame on us!
31.gif

Ooh that would be bad!!
31.gif
31.gif
I am kind of in a catty mood for some reason.
26.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooohhh you can''t cut the heel-it''s sacrilege
3.gif
!! Hopefully bergdorf will have them in the smaller heel. They''re such a gorgeous shoe!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Bergdorf had the 2 1/2 inch when i called a week ago.

Where you able to get the height you wanted Sarah?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 2:49:20 PM
Author: violet02
Bergdorf had the 2 1/2 inch when i called a week ago.

Where you able to get the height you wanted Sarah?

Hello! I called last week and they are sold out.
39.gif
However, she said she would e-mail the buyer and call me back to let me know if they could get more. Hopefully it will work out. If not I guess I will have more money for the wedding.
36.gif
The coordinator I met with is mortified at the thought of me spending the cost of a cake on shoes when I am trying to stay in a budget.
31.gif
I don''t blame her. On a side note, I did find out my reception venue I wanted may be workable!!
36.gif
That''s enough incentive to forget about the shoes. Thanks again for helping me!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Haha I don''t think I could ever actually chop off the heel. However, those are really cute!
36.gif
36.gif
Thank you for finding them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results