shape
carat
color
clarity

Simulated Idealscope/Firescope images - help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
How much confidence should I put in these Diamcalc simulated firescope images? Are they accurate? Also, I have a hard time comparing the computer generated images to the real thing. How would you rate the attached image? Is that dark ring in the middle a fish eye? Or is that normal? Are the dark greys in the simulated images equivelant to blacks in the actual photographs?

Thanks
Jon

iscope.jpg

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
It has been my experience that comparing the simulated view to the actual view using the real equipment results in very different results.

How much reliance you put in these images is up to you. But there is no substitute for seeing the diamond and analyzing it using the proper and original equipment.

Rockdoc

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
How much confidence should I put in these Diamcalc
simulated firescope images? Are they accurate?
-----------

A DiamCalc simulated image is only as accurate as the information given it. Also, the symmetry of the image is "excellent", while the symmetry of the subject diamond is probably otherwise. In addition, if the minor facets haven't been corrected, the image could be different than the actual image seen when viewing the diamond.

An actual IdealScope photo is much more reliable than a simulated image, but a simulated image is better than nothing.

-----------
How would you rate the attached image?
-----------

Very good. The person who did the image should be able to supply you with a light return analysis as well, but it looks to my eyes to have something along these lines-

Very good light return
Very good to good non-leakage profile
Very good contrast
Very good non-fisheye effect

That's just off the top of my head eye-balling it, so don't take that opinion to the bank.

-----------
Is that dark ring in the middle a fish eye? Or is
that normal?
-----------

That's just part of the normal reflection pattern. The diamond portrayed would have nowhere near a fisheye effect.

-----------
Are the dark greys in the simulated images
equivelant to blacks in the actual photographs?
-----------

A lot of times this is the case. The relationship between the simulated dark greys and the actual dark greys or blacks is somewhat tenuous.

Overall, if the stone is accurately represented, it should be pretty sharp. As RockDoc points out, further testing is warranted for more objective results.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results