shape
carat
color
clarity

simple little band from Gold & Gems

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, I posted about ordering a palladium band from a place called Gold & Gems and how happy I was with their customer service. I wanted a simple band to wear when I don't want to wear my diamond wedding band and ering (to the gym, the pool, the beach, anywhere I'm worried about gunking up the eternity band setting and my ering setting). I ordered an ArtCarved palladium band in a size 5, Gold & Gems had it in stock, they engraved it for me that very day (my wedding date on the inside of the band), and sent it to me 2nd day air. I received it this morning and I love it. It's perfect for what I'll wear it for, and even matches nicely with my platinum ering. I took a couple of quick iPhone photos - pardon the dry hands - I just got back from a run and I'm probably dehydrated from the heat!

Just wanted to recommend Gold & Gems to anyone looking for something like this. It's always so nice to receive excellent customer service, even if you're not spending a lot of money!

palladiumband.jpg

palladiumband2.jpg

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
it's perfect. And a very classic look that will never go out of style. Comfy too I bet!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks nfowife! super comfy! The best part is that it won't yellow over time like white gold tends to do on me. I can sweat all over it or wear it in the pool with no worries.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great! I love the classic look of a plain band.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! Love the look of a plain band!

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Just had to comment that your e-ring is so beautiful! What a spectacular diamond! :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Nice choice, it looks perfect with your solitaire! Very classic!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely band! I really love a simple wedding band. Very nice.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Looks good!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone! I really like it with my ering but I love my uternity too much to not wear it! I'm planning to try out the new band this weekend. Really appreciate all the nice comments on it. :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great!! Gold and Gems has great prices--I am thinking about ordering something from them. :naughty:

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I love it alone and with your ring. They were made for each other! :)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That's a great idea and it looks great. Are there any issues with wearing platinum and palladium next to each other in terms of the rings rubbing on each other?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just did the same thing katie. With all of the dozens of rings and bands I have collected over the years, I never had a plain band and I just got myself one as well, and I like it a LOT! Yours looks great on you with your e-ring. Sometimes is actually do like to wear just plain metal and not a diamond band (perish the thought!)

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know of any issues with wearing the different metals next to each other, but when I wear this plain band, I wear it by itself. After wearing it a couple of times now, I wish I'd gotten a quarter size bigger since it's "comfort fit". It fits perfectly, but I like rings a little loose. It'll be fine once the weather cools down though. It's been in the 90s and 100s here so that tends to make your fingers a little bigger!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Gemgirl, post a pic of yours!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1310824521|2970325 said:
I don't know of any issues with wearing the different metals next to each other, but when I wear this plain band, I wear it by itself. After wearing it a couple of times now, I wish I'd gotten a quarter size bigger since it's "comfort fit". It fits perfectly, but I like rings a little loose. It'll be fine once the weather cools down though. It's been in the 90s and 100s here so that tends to make your fingers a little bigger!

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Gemgirl, post a pic of yours!

Yeah, I found that comfort fit bands do fit a little bit different, but they can be stretched a hair without a problem. My new bands are going to have to be stretched when I regain all of my weight.

I'm going to have to take some pictures of my new e-ring with my newest plain band. I looked through my photo album and realized that I haven't taken any pics of the plain band yet!

My new e-ring didn't last long. I recently decided to *try* to sell it (for a decent price) and trade up color wise and size wise, and also by a new diamond from one of our vendors that has a lifetime upgrade policy, BUT..... that's all contingent on being able to sell this diamond for a reasonable price. I'm not into losing money. It makes me cranky! :nono:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a very good picture, but this is my new e-ring with a new 3mm. comfort fit band.

IMG_2165.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I've been thinking of getting the same thing to go with my solitaire ering. Sorry if I copy you.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy, you'd enjoy a plain band - I really have! I love the simplicity and symbolism of it too.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl, your rings are gorgeous together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results