shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver resize

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Newbie question: Is this easy and possible to resize sterling silver ring? The ring is 6.5 and I need a 10.

Thank you to take time to answered my question.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Excuse my mistake in the first post. Answering is the good word I think... sorry...

Nobody to help me with this question on sterling silver resize?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Resizing a silver ring can be possible and easy...it depends on the setting: a plain band can be easily resized, an eternity ring or a filigree band may not be resizable.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The word is that usually rings can only be changed 1 or 2 sizes at most but not sure if silver is any different. Can you post
a pic of the ring?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nearly anything is possible. 'Easy' is a tougher question to answer. Maybe not. It's going to depend on the details of the ring. Are there stones or other materials present? Does it have a plating? Is there design on the sides or bottom?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Silver is more difficult to work with than gold or platinum, but silver ring re-sizing is usually not a problem. However, the amount of increase in size for you may pose some added difficulty or prevent the resizing altogether. The design and shaping of the ring will dictate what can be done. With more silver being sold today due to the rise in gold prices, jewelers are becoming more familiar with the task of working on silver items. We need a photo or a link to the item to tell you more.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your help!

Here are some pics of the ring:

8519112.jpg

3622401.jpg

8104953.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I doubt you can resize it from 6.5 to 10 because of the stones on the ring shank.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Your opinion after I post pics please?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
stci|1318093783|3036020 said:
Your opinion after I post pics please?
Yes it's possible. No it's not particularlly easy. Show it to the jeweler who you are planning on getting to do the work to get more details and an estimate of a price. I presume it's a new purchase. Have you asked the seller about sizing it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results