shape
carat
color
clarity

sillyberry's Engagement Photos!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
My FI and I did engagement photos YESTERDAY and our amazing photographer, Jennifer Wiley, got us a sneak peek TODAY! I was driving down the highway when she sent her email, and I totally violated Oprah's admonition to not use your phone and drive... Bad sillyberry!

Anyway, here are our preview photos. I thought we did reasonably well considering FI HATES HATES HATES having his photo taken. Like, the whole thought of engagement photos was punishment, but he did it anyway because he loves me (and I may or may not have made him all sorts of promises if he was a good sport about it...).

Without further ado!

By the Tree 2.jpg

By the Tree 1.jpg

Hands, Or More Accurately, Ring.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Batch #2

Shoes.jpg

Grassy Shadows.jpg

Save the Date.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Batch #3

Just Me.jpg

Shoes and Grass.jpg

Walking Barefoot.jpg

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Batch #4

Ivy Wall.jpg

Grass 2.jpg

Grass 1.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE them! :love: You 2 are beautiful!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
and the last two! Thanks for looking! :))

Lantern.jpg

Brick Wall.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love, love, LOVE them!!!

sillyberry- you look so beautiful and well put together- the purple shoes are amazing! Your photog did a great job allowing you guys to look comfortable and like you are just having fun! You both look so happy :) Complete win!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! You are gorgeous (could your skin GET any more perfect?!) and you both look super natural in front of the camera!! Your ER is stunnnnning too! :appl:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
those are wonderful. you two come across so fun & loving & fun-loving on film :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You two are adorable together :bigsmile:

Love the shoes!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Those pics are fabulous. You both look SO happy!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cute! Love your outfits, and what beautiful smiles you both have!!! :appl:

ETA: I just bought my first pair of Sofft shoes (ok, my mom bought them for me as a treat!) and they are SO COMFORTABLE and awesome! I want 10 more pair...yours are adorable!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sillyberry, I hope you don't mind, but I emailed my mother this link to your e-photos so she could see your shoes. I wanted to share with you her very sweet reply:

"Wow! That guy is in love! Can you picture your dad ever having put up with a photog snapping us in personal moments? LOL Her ring is especially nice, but the SHOES!!!! I think it is a good thing that I am a decade past shoeishness or I would be a goner. TY for sharing. See you manana."

Bear in mind that she never visits Pricescope and really doesn't get into e-rings, etc. I just thought her response was so cute that I wanted to share it with you, I hope you don't mind me sharing your thread with her! :appl: :wavey:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
These are fantastic, sillyberry!!

I love all of the ones of you two lying in the grass, but the one where you are laughing is particularly lovely. And you are absolutely beautiful!

I can't wait to see your wedding photos!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Great photos. And you have gorgeous skin sillyberry!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your photos were a joy to look at. They are so wonderful. I love how happy you both look and how relaxed you appear in front of the camera.

And how pretty are you? Seriously!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
SB, your pics are FABULOUS! Your description of your FI could have described my FI. He's the same way about pictures...and I had to pretty much do the same thing to get him to relax about the E-pics. It's amazing what a good photographer can do, isn't it?!? I love your pictures...and your shoes...and, well EVERYTHING! You guys just look perfect together!

I also must say, I'm jealous...we didn't get to do any grass shots because everything was covered in dew....

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I love the grass shots. LOVE. LOVE!!! You and your FI look like a match made in heaven.

Do I recall correctly that you were worried about what to wear?! Seems like you found the most perfect outfit ever :))

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
You two look so stinkin' happy together! I love your photos. You are just adorable, I love your whole outfit!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I rudely went MIA - I posted the images, left the house, and then came home to a cracked screen on my netbook...thanks FI! So I haven't had access to the internet other than my blackberry, and I discovered that PS + Blackberry are not a great combination...

Anyway!

Thank you so much for the exceptionally kind comments Amys Bling, IrisAccents, MagsyMay, lulu66, Yssie, amc80, CurlySue, rosetta, Maisie, vc10um, Echidna, and OUpeargirl! I'm seriously embarrassed by your words (and my mom is tickled pink). It's funny - I never imagined how much I would value and delight in my fellow PSers (aka strangers on the internet!). Although it is kind of hilarious to hear that we look at all natural, because I spent the whole time tickling him and making faces at him and hoping and praying that we wouldn't look constipated.

Echidna, you remember correctly - I did have a terrible time figuring out what to wear. I bought one dress, decided it wouldn't look great on camera, and then went back to the drawing board. I found the dress I ended up wearing and loved it, but couldn't figure out anything to go with it (and definitely didn't want a strapless dress, much less one in October in Chicago!). Three different times I went to the store, but only on the last visit did I find an awesome saleslady with some vision. She pulled out a purple cardigan that wasn't even on the floor yet, which looked okay, but then she suggested I crop it and everything fell into place! The shoes were another adventure...I found one pair that I thought was good enough, but they didn't have it in my size. I went to another store and then my mom magically found the purple suede shoes...the only pair in the store! She is totally taking all the credit for the outfit.

Oh, I also need to thank Shannon and Rebecca at Benefit - between the makeup and the false eyelashes, they were a BIG part of the illusion! Best idea ever!

vc10um, the grass was a wee bit dewy. I didn't fully realize that until I was lying down...oops!

monarch, your mom is TOO SWEET! Please tell her how much I appreciate her words! The Soffts were comfortable, except they were slightly too small and thus tore my feet up. I'm walking barefoot because my tootsies hurt! Fashion is pain, through, right?

CurlySue, the laughing one in the grass is my favorite, too. It's the new background on my phone. :))

Again - thank you everyone!

Wow! What great photos!

We are getting our engagement photos taken Thursday and I have no idea what to wear. You looked super cute in your purple shoes!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
These look perfect!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the pics, Sillyberry! I LOVE your save the date photo.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Such pretty pictures! You two are so, so cute together. Also, I l-o-v-e those shoes! They make the outfit, IMO.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Not that you're asking, but "grass 2" is my fav :)

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
You are just the most adorable couple!!!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you FutureMrs.Sterling, Autumnovember, Zoe, kittybean, amc80, and kelpie!!!

I made the Save the Date sign, and I'm super uncrafty, so I'm happy to hear you like it!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so pretty! i love the one of you walking away together with your shoes dangling in your hand - but they're all gorgeous!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Quick question---How did you do your save the date poster? I wanted to do something similar but yours came out so neat :)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks violet3!

AN, thank you! For the sign I bought a piece of wood, some wood strips, and curly-q letters from Hobby Lobby. The pieces of wood were too long, so I sawed them down the right length. Then I painted everything (the background and inside of frame were a light yellow, and the letters and outside frame were purple) and used Gorilla Glue to put it all together.

If you look closely, there are numerous flaws -- apparently I'm not that good at sawing neat edges, or avoiding glue spots -- but on camera they weren't really noticeable. Once I figured out what I was doing (which took forfreakingever and involved a few meltdowns in Hobby Lobby...that place is just overwhelming!) it wasn't actually difficult.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results