shape
carat
color
clarity

Silly question... for those of you who wear rubies and other red/pink/purple stones... Nail polish?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you do about nail polish? I know, I know, genuinely a first world problem of the silliest kind!!! But seriously... ? Do you always go neutral? "Coordinate" in some way? Completely throw caution to the wind ( :lol: ) and wear whatever polish you want and still wear the red/pink/purple stones... ? Maybe no polish at all? (Not really an option or else all my nails would snap right off!)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While my outfit for the day influences my jewelry picks, I've never given any thought on my rings coordinating/clashing with my nail polish.

That being said, I usually let my manicurist pick my color and I notice she often bases it on what I am wearing that day (which has nothing to do with what I will be wearing the other days in between).

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, goodness! I've never thought about my nails matching my rings! Ugh. I'm already a hot mess when I get dressed, now I have something else to worry about! :lol-2:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I do consider nail polish color and gem color combinations. But they don't have to match and I don't have any other "rules" for it. It's just however I think any given combination looks together.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m wearing this today. My ruby argyle ring on my right hand and my simon g filigree ring on my left hand. I did a white nail polish with silver sparkle design. I don’t really pick nail polish to match my rings. 4B1DB4D4-18EE-415A-962F-9527133EDF9D.jpeg B39DC1A0-A866-49AA-86F0-B2ABDA3EC446.jpeg

I love this question! :mrgreen2: I hardly ever wear polish, but I totally agree with @Ionysis. I'd love to see a soft petal pink gel with ruby.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the time, no nail polish as I find chipped nail polish unsightly.

When I wear nail polish, it is usually for a dressier event where I could bring out the nicer pieces.

I normally wear shimmering frosty silvery colours that do not clash with any of my CS rings.

When I find a shade that I like, I would buy in bulk to keep me going for a while.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was younger and wore nail polish I would opt usually for dark cherry brown or plum black which basically, IMO, goes with everything. If you have the right attitude.8-)

DutchJackie

Rough_Rock
I wear whatever I like. But it’s often neutrals/nudes/light pinks for occasions. They never clash. Although the rest of the time I wear all the colors. Light, bright, deep or sparkly :))

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted a ruby ring... this is giving me pause :) I would TOTALLY want it to not clash. White, black, taupe. I would think shades of red could clash and definitely not orange or "fun" colors.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at the color wheel and coordinate the ruby color or go opposite to it and that will match too. White , black, silver, gold too. So a teal green blue?

Attachments

• 828C9AFB-1F32-4DB7-A309-213486B6267A.jpeg
    828C9AFB-1F32-4DB7-A309-213486B6267A.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 1

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so stressful! :lol:

I just ordered four new neutral-ish get polishes, ranging from peachy to more pinky, all very light. I also have one in by collection already that's "milky" that I haven't tried yet. Sounds like it's time to give that one a go.

Whew -- talk about a first world problem!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Not my hand, but I love this color nail polish with the ruby. 1648737686473.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results