shape
carat
color
clarity

SIKE....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock

Hello ladies-So I haven't posted in awhile, and with V-day coming up I thought I'd share a funny LIW story.

Last v-day, I kept asking my bf what we were doing and he kept saying "I don't know, I don't know".....which led me to believe we had nothing planned. But he was just throwing me off. Well when he sent me this insane display of roses to my office and I called to thank him, he said "I think I'll just meet you in the city" (I work in nyc, so he said it was easier for him to meet me here right when I get out of work, rather than wait for me to get all the way home). Anyway, he calls me to tell me he parked near the Audi dealership on Park ave, and to go out there and wait for me. So im waiting, looking around, and I see him walking towards me. He had a duffle bag on his shoulder. So im like "what the hell are you doing, working out tonight?". And he said "no, I have a surprise. you want to know what we are doing tonight?" He opens the bag and shows me that he went out and bought me skates (with pink laces,

9.gif
), himself skates, and packed me socks, scarves, etc. He said "we are going skating at Rockefeller center". So instantly, im like "holy crap, he is proposing tonight!". So we have dinner at this amazing restaurant (Bobby Van's for anyone who lives in the city, awesome steak). And the whole time im like shaking because I cant believe it. It was so romantic, because he planned it you know? We didn't just rent skates, it was like all thought out and very cute. I could just picture him in the store picking out girl skates and buying them for me! lol

So we get to the rink and skate around, and its SO romantic. So he says lets take a break, and we skate off to the side where there is a fountain and the angels, etc. So we are both looking up at it, and out of the corner of my eye I don't see him anymore! Im like "OMG OMG HE IS DOWN ON HIS KNEE...THIS IS IT!" so I turn around and he is tying his shoelace!! LOL Needless to say I wanted to take my skate off and stab him with it HAHAHA.

It really was an amazing night though. And my mom gave me the best advice. She said "Whatever you do....don't tell him you thought he was going to propose. Just enjoy it for what it was....a very sweet thing, and a romantic night. Because every time he "does something" you think he is going to propose and you tell him. Now the poor kid is always going to feel like he cant be romantic cause you'll just be disappointed. How is he ever going to surprise you if you keep expecting it?"

Good advise, and I have followed that since. But I cant help but think about my SIKKKEEEE!

41.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hey, that was really really sweet of him! Your mom is right...never tell ''em that you thought he was going to propose. My bf is the type that if he thinks he''s getting to me with the suspense, he''ll make it WORSE!
9.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
cute story, and wise mother!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:09:51 AM
Author:NakedFinger
Needless to say I wanted to take my skate off and stab him with it HAHAHA.

Oh man, I totally felt that for you while reading this, but it''s a cute story!

Your mom''s advice is great, and you''re lucky that you have a super romantic guy. I think it''s pretty rare to find someone so thoughtful!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh no - despite the thread name i was still sure, as i was reading, that he was going to propose
9.gif
i guess im easily psyched too!!

WistfulAurora

Shiny_Rock
I agree with trillionaire... Cute story!!!
9.gif
I love romance!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Aww...even though it didn''t end with a proposal, what an incredibly romantic evening!!! (But, I can totally understand how you''d expect it. The very few times my SO has made the effort to plan something in advance, I was wondering the same thing...but I NEVER tell him! LOL I want to encourage more of that type of behavior!
2.gif
)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Your mother is very wise. Her advice was good. Thanks for sharing your story, I thought it was sweet. Your man is really sweet too.
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Awww...what a cute story! I chuckled out loud...

And ditto to the great advice given by your mom! You''re lucky to have a mom to keep you sane. My mom has been asking for babies for years!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 11:09:51 AM
Author:NakedFinger

Hello ladies-So I haven''t posted in awhile, and with V-day coming up I thought I''d share a funny LIW story.

Last v-day, I kept asking my bf what we were doing and he kept saying ''I don''t know, I don''t know''.....which led me to believe we had nothing planned. But he was just throwing me off. Well when he sent me this insane display of roses to my office and I called to thank him, he said ''I think I''ll just meet you in the city'' (I work in nyc, so he said it was easier for him to meet me here right when I get out of work, rather than wait for me to get all the way home). Anyway, he calls me to tell me he parked near the Audi dealership on Park ave, and to go out there and wait for me. So im waiting, looking around, and I see him walking towards me. He had a duffle bag on his shoulder. So im like ''what the hell are you doing, working out tonight?''. And he said ''no, I have a surprise. you want to know what we are doing tonight?'' He opens the bag and shows me that he went out and bought me skates (with pink laces,

9.gif
), himself skates, and packed me socks, scarves, etc. He said ''we are going skating at Rockefeller center''. So instantly, im like ''holy crap, he is proposing tonight!''. So we have dinner at this amazing restaurant (Bobby Van''s for anyone who lives in the city, awesome steak). And the whole time im like shaking because I cant believe it. It was so romantic, because he planned it you know? We didn''t just rent skates, it was like all thought out and very cute. I could just picture him in the store picking out girl skates and buying them for me! lol

So we get to the rink and skate around, and its SO romantic. So he says lets take a break, and we skate off to the side where there is a fountain and the angels, etc. So we are both looking up at it, and out of the corner of my eye I don''t see him anymore! Im like ''OMG OMG HE IS DOWN ON HIS KNEE...THIS IS IT!'' so I turn around and he is tying his shoelace!! LOL Needless to say I wanted to take my skate off and stab him with it HAHAHA.

It really was an amazing night though. And my mom gave me the best advice. She said ''Whatever you do....don''t tell him you thought he was going to propose. Just enjoy it for what it was....a very sweet thing, and a romantic night. Because every time he ''does something'' you think he is going to propose and you tell him. Now the poor kid is always going to feel like he cant be romantic cause you''ll just be disappointed. How is he ever going to surprise you if you keep expecting it?''

Good advise, and I have followed that since. But I cant help but think about my SIKKKEEEE!

41.gif

oh wow. i love your mom''s advice!! i am totally going to TRY to take that to heart.

:)

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
That is SO cute! I would just die if BF planned something like that!
And yes, your mom is SO right.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
That was so nice! You should feel amazing, because just think how great and memorable the proposal will be.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:01:38 PM
Author: caribqueen
That was so nice! You should feel amazing, because just think how great and memorable the proposal will be.

Thanks ladies. Yeah he is a doll. He always swears he isnt doing something (v-day, anniversaries, etc), and then ends up having a plan.

caribqueen- Its funny you say that...because I think now...because everytime he does something romantic I think he is proposing.....it will probably be while we are home, sitting on the couch watching tv, eating chinese food! LOL
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results