shape
carat
color
clarity

Shrugs for my BM''s?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for nice shrugs/wraps/boleros for my BM''s. My own dress is all lace, and I''ve ordered a feather wrap to go with it. But I think all 4 of us wearing feathers would be just too much, so I''m thinking of maybe something like a crochet/lace wrap or bolero for the girls. Anyone have any ideas or opinions? I''m attaching pics of my dress and the girls dresses.

ETA the BM dress is chocolate brown, not black as in the pic.

jlawoei324ef.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
The girls dresses:

BMdressesjhc.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think lace would look nice with the BM dresses (sort of match your dress with the lace). By the way both dresses (yours and the BMs are beautiful).

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
could the BMs do pashminas/shawls? I think boleros/shrugs work best with strapless dresses, you don't want the jackets to fight with the straps of dresses.

Also, LOVE your dress! I am strongly considering (still am) the same (or very similiar, but in ivory or champagne), because my mother wore a high necked gown (hers had sleeves though). I thought it might be a nice way to pay homage to my mom, even if I am not wearing her actual wedding dress.
5.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Yeah good point Trillionaire, a wrap style would be much better. There are some lovely lace-style ones on Etsy. Their dresses are brown, their bouquets are a raspberry red...would it be too much to have their shawls a pale gold if I could find it? That would include all the wedding colours. Or would it be nicer to stick with the plainer ivory?

Thanks for the compliments on the dresses ladies! I recommend the high neck Trillionaire , wearing it makes me feel instantly tall and classy. There's something slightly regal about it. What a nice nod to your mum!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Porridge, I REALLY love your dress and BM dresses! I think sheer gold wraps would look great. I was actually going to vote for lacey arm shrugs, though, in ivory. You know, the kind with long sleeves that are really short in the front so they end just where the straps are? I''ll try to find a picture and post it if I can. I imagine that matched with bouquets wrapped in gold ribbon would be so lovely!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
There was just a thread about pashminas for the bridesmaids earlier this week and someone was saying they had wrapped the shawl around their arms and then tied it in a knot at the small of the back, so it had the effect of a bolero/shrug, but it was still flexible and not too structured...I''ll bump it for you if I can find it!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes gold ribbons is a must, good thinking on vacation. I''m awful at picturing how things will go together, and the dresses aren''t in til the end of November, so I very much need the opinions of you ladies!

I''m leaning towards a lacy shawl knotted at the back for now, but I''ll see what I can find.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''ve found these two, I''d like the pashmina in a paler gold but you get the idea. Opinions? Would gold be too much?

il_430xN.90036620.jpg

il_430xN.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
wow! such pretty bm dresses (yours is gorgeous too)! i think the wrap should be relatively simple or else it''ll clutter the chiffon halter which is a highlight of that dress. i think gold would be beautiful but in a simple fabric. just my opinion though...

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
yeah ditto the pashminas!!!! they come in every color imaginable, and if you are not close to ny (do they sell them in other big cities?) you can easily order them on ebay.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Porridge:

First- I love your dress & the BM dresses!

Second- have you checked out etsy for crocheted shawl options? They have a TON!

Third- WHERE did you find that gold pashmina?! I LOVVVVVVE IT! I''m searching for something similar for my own brown BM dresses. I never like the stock photos on e-bay and amazon.com because I can''t gauge the quality of the item, but this one looks fab!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Pils! I found that on Etsy - here''s the =tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]linky

My BM''s are also leaning towards pahminas, so I think that''s what we''ll end up with! Thanks for the input ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results