shape
carat
color
clarity

SHOWERHEAD FOR ELEPHANT CLEANING WANTED!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Well, not really (remember the Seinfeld episode when they lost water pressure and they were looking at black market showerheads that were so strong they were used to wash elephants?)

I want the best showerhead I can find for under $400 bucks. Any suggestions. I'm all about high pressure and a nice blast of H2O. Wonder if it's worth it at this price level...should I just get a cheap standard head b/c it won't make much difference (I don't want to spend bug money since we'll be here for only 3-4 more years and it's ancient plumbing...I can't start installing a spa shower system at this point). Any favorites would be appreciated...I LOVE my shower time. I will eventually become a prune.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if you know this, but you have to remove a valve inside the shower head (or at least on the massager ones) to have decent water pressure. Some silly water conservation law prevents awesome pressure and these new ones have about enough umph to spay off a mouse!
20.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Well, I''m having a new installation (we''re going into the wall) so we need a new valve...but you mean there is a valve in the head itself? I want to be compliant ... I guess.... so I wouldn''t do that...although I''d LOVE to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2005 5:34:19 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
I'm not sure if you know this, but you have to remove a valve inside the shower head (or at least on the massager ones) to have decent water pressure. Some silly water conservation law prevents awesome pressure and these new ones have about enough umph to spay off a mouse!
20.gif
This is true, MMM. You'd still be in compliance (check with your own county first if you want to be sure) but it's a manufacturing mandate. Once it gets into the hands of the consumer I think they can do whatever they want.

I'm sooo with you on shower times. It's my sacred time and I like noone to disturb it. I'd stay in there all day if I could.
9.gif
If you are talking $400 for the shower faucet alone, you can find a nice one for that. In fact, I'd put that in the higher end of things. Of course there's always more expensive models as well. I spent about $150 each on mine (3) and they work fine. FYI, there's also a water temperature adjustment on the faucet. You'd (plumber) need to read the individual instructions to adjust it. I did my own adjustment since my DH refused to help me. He thought it was all in my mind that the water was not hot enough. I am a hot water freak. I *know* when it's not hot enough.
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lot of them have a plasic ball with a hole in it that limits water flow.
A drill bit works nice at enlarging the hole 400%

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha made me look!! nice title mmm!! i have a rainfall one and *love* it. not high pressure, but very soothing........
have you seen the ones that have bars that go down the wall of the shower with holes spaced so that you get jets of water? that might be worth looking at........

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this might not be good for water conservation........

waterfallshower.JPG

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
There is definitely a flow restrictor in all new shower heads. I''ve had them be a washer-like piece of plastic or rubber at or near the joint that connects to the wall pipe. It is easy to remove with pliers or tweezers if you take the head off. I''ve kept mine so that I can replace them if need be when we move. (I can''t imagine that being an issue though. No one asks, it''s not on compliance questionaires, and no one would know unless they tested it.)

I''m a big shower head person, thus I''ve bought lots and learned about the flow restrictor that just has to go. My favorite shower head is the Hansgroehe Clubmaster. It has three settings, rain forest-like, massage and another strong setting. Several years ago it was somewhere in the $150 - $200 range from what I remember. I learned that the height of the showerhead makes a big difference on the performance, so ask about that. Mine is higher than standard, so the stock shower head was biting and had too big of a water circle by the time it got to me. I couldn''t get the shampoo out of my hair
23.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I def want to be compliant (20 years of catholic school does that to you LOL)

OK- here is my next quetion...it would be correct that shower heads that are large and wide, offer more coverage but less force. So I would not want these beautiful and huge shower heads...but instead, a compact one for a pressure spray...or does that not matter?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure the the flor restrictors are mandated for use. They might be standard in new heads so that you have the option depending on where you live. Water pressure varies widely and sometimes the combo of flow restrictors and lower water pressure make for lousy showers and shampoo filled heads. Ask your plumbing people -- they should know. A quick google did not bring up any laws, just the low flow option as if it is a feature for those who need it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results