shape
carat
color
clarity

Shower is booked for FathersDay?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
My sisters and Mom are throwing me a shower, and it''s being held at my Mom''s apartment complex which has a beautiful common room area opens to a patio,etc. It''s limited to Sundays due to community activities there on Saturdays.

2 sisters are coming from out of state, my other sister is here in town.

They ran the potential date by me and I said "OK" not even dawning on me that it is Fathers Day.

Now, that is probably because my dad passed away over 4 years ago-

I really wouldn''t be offended if some friends didn''t come because of this, but I have 2 very close friends who just had babies and it would be their hubby''s first fathers day.... and 2 other friends travelling 1-2 hours to come for the day.

Since Fathers Day wasn''t a major holiday for us even when Dad was around (i.e. he was usually golfing anyway), I am looking for advice- is this totally rude of us to invite people to come on fathers day??

If so, I can ask them to reschedule but feel bad because their vacations have been set,etc.

Drats.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was it totally rude...no. Was it kind of rude...yeah. I honestly think I would reschedule, or at least be okay with the ''decline to attend'' responses that you get. It''s an honest mistake, but it may impact the attendance at your shower.

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
As someone who isn''t parent yet, Mother''s and Father''s day weren''t huge in my household, either. Sure, we gave gifts and cards, but the whole day wasn''t set aside to celebrate.

Now, when parents have their first "anything" with kids, it seems to be a huge deal, so your two friends with new babies might not show up. Frankly, I could take a couple of hours for a shower on Father''s Day even with a baby, but other people might not want to. You might want to consider a new date.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
Rude? Hmmm.... I think maybe. It depends on each individual person. Father''s Day has been very important to me since my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 4 years ago so if I got an invitation for that day, I would decline it. I would think it was rude if it was someone close to me (my cousin, etc) that knew my situation. I would think with all the Sundays in the year (I guess that would be 52) I would think they could pick a different one.

Then again, I know some people who don''t even talk to their fathers, so those people probably couldn''t care less.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve decided to go with my gut, which was to request that the date be changed.

I feel a huge relief, as I am having a small (by my request) shower as it is, so dear friends would be sorely missed, and I want to honor Father''s Day, even if it''s not me celebrating it.

I just made a call to my sister and she''s going to take care of working with Mom to coordinate the change.

In the scheme of things, a minor snafu- at least we didn''t have invites out yet!!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
uh-oh, I would change it, I would hate to be torn, between 2 places which could be far away...it would be a hard decision, be with the bride at her one and only wedding shower or dad, granpa, godfather on father''s day, tough call if they are far away and you can''t do both, father''s day is a big deal in our fam, I would rather not be invited to a shower that day

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
sorry, I guess I should have read further down again! I''m glad you decided to change it!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that was the right choice for you to make, particularly since you feel relieved about it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results