shape
carat
color
clarity

Shower... I feel terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
So, my MOH worked very hard on a Mexico themed shower on my behalf scheduled for March 29th. I have yet to recieve my invitation, but my mom told me the plan was to give me a fun send-off for our tropical Mexican honeymoon. Until today, we had planned to go to the Mayan Riviera for our honeymoon. But, after reading more and more about the news in Mexico, we have decided not to go there and go to Hawaii instead. I just feel bad because she put all this work into them and the shower theme and now we are going somewhere else... I am sure it will be fine but I just wish we had decided a week earlier... grr.. I gues tropical is tropical but I just needed to vent!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
awww im sure it will be fine :)
we were going to go to cozumel but are changing our minds too after all that is happening down there
stupid mexico taking away our honeymoons! lol

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Aw, modernsparkler, I'm sorry you feel bad about this! But this way it's kind of like you're going to get the Mexican "honeymoon" (even though it's just a party) AND a Hawaiian honeymoon -- I think that's really cool! Besides, no matter what, you're going to have a fabulous time and so will your guests. I love the idea of a theme shower! Will there be a pinata? (I love pinatas. Mostly for the candy.)

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 9:45:40 PM
Author: TheBigT
Aw, modernsparkler, I''m sorry you feel bad about this! But this way it''s kind of like you''re going to get the Mexican ''honeymoon'' (even though it''s just a party) AND a Hawaiian honeymoon -- I think that''s really cool! Besides, no matter what, you''re going to have a fabulous time and so will your guests. I love the idea of a theme shower! Will there be a pinata? (I love pinatas. Mostly for the candy.)
A pinata??? Now that would be fun :) I know it will be fine but I just feel bad. If only they could put our silverware and other fun registry stuff in the pinata...

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aw sorry to hear about that, but it''s not like you''re changing your destination to ruin the shower. I''m sure your MOH understands your concerns and why you opted to switch to Hawaii (which is GORGEOUS and one of my favorite places in the world) and as you said, both are tropical
1.gif
Just trade in those sombreros for hula skirts and all is good to go
1.gif

Smurfy, have you decided if you''re going to switch? I just wanted to add that a lot of the drug war stuff happens on the borders - not in the Riviera Maya or Cozumel. Plus the resorts are very safe - I''ve been to the Riviera Maya twice in the last year and never had an issue. I totally understand switching though, if you feel like your apprehension is going to cast a shadow over the entire trip - you want to have peace of mind on your honeymoon! But I just wanted to throw that out there
1.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 12:50:25 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Aw sorry to hear about that, but it''s not like you''re changing your destination to ruin the shower. I''m sure your MOH understands your concerns and why you opted to switch to Hawaii (which is GORGEOUS and one of my favorite places in the world) and as you said, both are tropical
1.gif
Just trade in those sombreros for hula skirts and all is good to go
1.gif

Smurfy, have you decided if you''re going to switch? I just wanted to add that a lot of the drug war stuff happens on the borders - not in the Riviera Maya or Cozumel. Plus the resorts are very safe - I''ve been to the Riviera Maya twice in the last year and never had an issue. I totally understand switching though, if you feel like your apprehension is going to cast a shadow over the entire trip - you want to have peace of mind on your honeymoon! But I just wanted to throw that out there
1.gif
While I agre Brown Eyed Girl that most of the trouble has been on the borders, the most recent development that made us switch was the fact that the police chief of Cancun was just arrested for the murder and torture of a very high ranking general. I am sure plenty of people have gone and will continue to go and have great experiences, but we just didn''t want to have any concerns on our honeymoon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results