shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Traditional Charm Bracelets....

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
That's a pretty gold charm bracelet. Very elegant. I like the idea of giving her a bracelet for her 30th... perhaps a silver for her if she isn't into charms so it's cheaper for her to add charms. I like James Avery silver bracelets. They last well and are pretty reasonably priced for bracelets. You could also go with a vintage bracelet. I've done both for bracelets before. I will say I like James Avery double link bracelet, but my vintage bracelet sure have held up to my 100+ charms on one bracelet. I've seen some cute "30" charms online, too.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
ringthings said:
That's a pretty gold charm bracelet. Very elegant. I like the idea of giving her a bracelet for her 30th... perhaps a silver for her if she isn't into charms so it's cheaper for her to add charms. I like James Avery silver bracelets. They last well and are pretty reasonably priced for bracelets. You could also go with a vintage bracelet. I've done both for bracelets before. I will say I like James Avery double link bracelet, but my vintage bracelet sure have held up to my 100+ charms on one bracelet. I've seen some cute "30" charms online, too.

Thanks for the info!!! FSIL decided she wanted deep green earrings, so we got her tsavorite earrings, instead. I guess everyone isn't as in love with charms and charm bracelets as us ;-)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringthings|1356115098|3337475 said:
My vintage Christmas charm bracelet and pics---

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/♦★-vintage-christmas-charm-bracelet-pics-★♦.183422/

I try to add at least one Christmas charm to it every year.

I also started a birthday charm bracelet this year.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread-although it is one of my all-time favorites-and I have to respond to other postings besides this one. I am so totally in love with your Christmas charm bracelet that I had to say something as soon as I saw it though, ringthings. It is really just my taste. It is the kind of charm bracelet I wish I had bulit myself. It reminds me of the 1950's and, therefore, of my childhood. Of the time when I was a really little girl...not a teenager! Thank you so much for those wonderful photos. I have to go find the thread where that bracelet is featured, the one you linked us to!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1357950565|3353424 said:
I haven't been keeping up with this thread-although it is one of my all-time favorites-and I have to respond to other postings besides this one. I am so totally in love with your Christmas charm bracelet that I had to say something as soon as I saw it though, ringthings. It is really just my taste. It is the kind of charm bracelet I wish I had bulit myself. It reminds me of the 1950's and, therefore, of my childhood. Of the time when I was a really little girl...not a teenager! Thank you so much for those wonderful photos. I have to go find the thread where that bracelet is featured, the one you linked us to!

Deb/AGBF

Thanks! I do like the 1950s style charms. They have a lot of class and cuteness. :) It really is a fun project to collect them.

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Guys, your charm bracelets are so gorgeous!!! Have ever saw the series launched by famous jewelry brand, fell into love with those exquisite bracelets immediately! Well, I do not have any traditional one, just purchased the materials from my constant Jewelry supplier Pandahall.com and made one like those with simple Lampwork beads and Acylic charms, guess it is not that pretty, but since it is the first item, I will wear it in this spring, guess more similarly but delicate charm bracelets would be designed and made in the following days. :)

j-jb00107-08.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringthings|1363303960|3405164 said:
AGBF|1357950565|3353424 said:

Thanks! I do like the 1950s style charms. They have a lot of class and cuteness. :) It really is a fun project to collect them.

ringthings-

I just went back and reread the thread about your vintage Christmas charm bracelet. I would really love to make one of my own, but I was daunted by reading that you found your charms in antique stores. I simply do not frequent antique stores. I do not have the time or the money to buy antiques! If you had said that you found them on eBay, I might have leapt at the idea. Even now I am wondering if I might be able to find vintage charms for myself on eBay!!! Your bracelet is simply wonderful!

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I like browsing antique stores during lunch hour. :) It's a fun hobby.

Too bad more stores don't sell new traditional charms as much as they used to. In recent years, I've seen new Juicy Couture charm bracelet charms and that's about it. I can never seem to find traditional charms for souvenirs on vacations or at museums.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hoping to get HeartingDiamonds to post photos of her charm bracelet here. In a thread about my charm bracelet she said that she had one as well. I am hoping that she will share it here and, perhaps, start a thread on it as well!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I just attached a chain to the clasp of my bracelet. The bracelet is so heavy (over 100 charms so far!) that I'm worried it would fall of or the clasp would break if I wore it. Might be a good idea to get a "safety chain" if any of you all have bracelets that are heavy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringthings|1367898769|3441783 said:
I just attached a chain to the clasp of my bracelet. The bracelet is so heavy (over 100 charms so far!) that I'm worried it would fall of or the clasp would break if I wore it. Might be a good idea to get a "safety chain" if any of you all have bracelets that are heavy.

Braggart!

Deb

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1367924146|3441841 said:

Braggart!

Deb

Mine is bigger than yours.. :D Naw. I added all sorts of charms, even old necklaces and trinkets. It's not very wearable, but I couldn't help myself. Maybe my next decade's bracelet will be pretty with "better" charms instead of any trinket I come across and like. :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringthings|1371004440|3463888 said:
AGBF|1367924146|3441841 said:

Braggart!

Mine is bigger than yours..

I added all sorts of charms, even old necklaces and trinkets. It's not very wearable, but I couldn't help myself. Maybe my next decade's bracelet will be pretty with "better" charms instead of any trinket I come across and like. :)

I am sure it is and I want to see a picture!!!

Deb

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Here is my charm bracelet. It is mostly (but not all) travel charms. Most of the charms are from places I have been but some are still on my wish list. I have a pyramid on my bracelet but I haven't seen the pyramids yet! Also the Parthenon in Greece is still on my list. I think all the other charms are from places I have been.

I don't wear it very often as I find it really annoying at work clanging on the keyboard and desk. Also, I can't do it up myself, someone else has to do it up on my wrist. I imagine myself as an old lady wearing it more when I no longer have to work :cheeky:

Whooo Hoooo This is my first post attaching photos and it worked. I am so not computer friendly, I am just so happy I did it!

8991.jpg

8992.jpg

8993.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it. What a way to start posting photos here, charleston. Welcome to the traditional charm bracelet thread; you have a real beauty there. Do you consider it finished? Do you think it could handle any more charms? How long did it take you to make? I would love to know more and I am sure that others would, too.

AGBF

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
That is so sweet. It is pretty crowded now, I sort of think I won't buy any more charms until I actually visit the place, no more buying "wish" travel charms. A lot of the charms I bought from ebay. It is almost impossible to find 3D gold charms locally - most are 2D and not travel related.

I bought the bracelet about 8 years ago and probably added charms over the next 2 or 3 years. It was like a drug once I found Ebay :cheeky: I couldn't stop myself, it got out of control!

A couple of years ago I was in a yellow gold phase. Now, I am in a diamond phase :Up_to_something: . Hope to post diamond photos soon!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just attached a chain to the clasp of my bracelet. The bracelet is so heavy (over 100 charms so far!) that I'm worried it would fall off or the clasp would break if I wore it. Might be a good idea to get a "safety chain" if any of you all have bracelets that are heavy.

This happened to me. It was my first charm bracelet, given to me by my grandfather, and I wore it A LOT. Then one day when I was in high school it just wasn't there any more. I retraced my steps but never found it. It was James Avery and had almost entirely James Avery silver charms. By that time my grandfather was deceased and losing it made me bitter about bracelets in general. I could never adequately replace the sentimentality of that piece. In the past year though I've been thinking more and more that I'd like a new one, and after reading this thread I think it might make a lovely first anniversary present.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Charleston, I love your bracelet.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have a guesstimate as to how much it costs to put a charm on a bracelet? I have started a collection of sterling charms for my daughters and they each have at least 20 charms that need to be put on a bracelet. I would like to have them for Christmas-but I fear 40 charms application is going to be really pricey. I have the bracelets. Any guesses?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1413668014|3769181 said:
Does anyone have a guesstimate as to how much it costs to put a charm on a bracelet? I have started a collection of sterling charms for my daughters and they each have at least 20 charms that need to be put on a bracelet. I would like to have them for Christmas-but I fear 40 charms application is going to be really pricey. I have the bracelets. Any guesses?

That's a hard one, lambskin, because usually if you buy the charm from someone he puts it on the bracelet as a courtesy. I have certainly done it the way you are doing it-buying a charm or having one made and having it added to a bracelet- but first of all I usually only had one charm added at a time that way and second of all I sometimes went to a jeweler with whom I did so much business that he did a small job like adding one charm to a bracelet free for me. I suggest that you just ask for an estimate or a price.

Deb/AGBF

vivi123

Rough_Rock
hi AGBF,

can I see the picture of your university charm

where did you buy that ?

vivi123

Rough_Rock
Re: hi AGBF,

AGBF|1264697539|2406665 said:
This blossoming of threads about charm bracelets (Gayle's, this one, Whitby's) has had me searching the 'net for charms and ideas for charms.  First off, after seeing Whitby's bracelet, I added the Tiffany cupcake charm- that had been on my Tiffany wishlist for years and which I had just taken off it about a day before-to my Tiffany wishlist.  Then I looked around the 'net for photos of old charms.  I want a nice looking frying pan and a nice looking pot, preferably a pot with a moveable lid.  I think that if I find good photos, I will one day ask someone on Etsy to cast charms that resemble the charms in the best photos I found in 22K gold.

The other thing I did was to look once more for my university to see if anyone made a charm for it.  To my utter shock, someone now did!  In the past, it was one of the only schools for which there was no charm available!  I was able to get about ten varieties for my husband's schools, but not even one for my own (and it's a huge school, too!).  Today I ordered one in 18K gold, which means I will not be ordering any other charms in the near future!  This is, as Whitby pointed out, a pricey little hobby!  (I spent almost $550.00!)

I am waiting for a serial cable to arrive in the mail so that I can attach my videocamera to the computer.  Then I will see if my software is compatible with the computer and if  can post the photos I took of my charm bracelet!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif
hi AGBF,

can I see the picture of your university charm

where did you buy that ?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, vivi123-

I didn't mean to ignore you. I didn't know if you wanted a charm from my own university (NYU) because you or someone close to you went there or if you just wanted some university charm, so I wasn't sure if I should just repost a close-up of an NYU charm or take new photos of the other university charms (Wharton/U.Penn and Harvard) on my bracelet as well. I believe that this is where i found the NYU charm.

Link...http://www.mlahart.com/New-York-University/Womens-Jewelry_46/14-Karat-Gold-Charm_43?gclid=Cj0KEQiAgMKmBRDMjo_F9OfUubABEiQAp8Ky18ZABPPmnXjJvWD16RZGLeNB9iNfLWxFLTihFC105XsaAn8U8P8HAQ

Deb/AGBF

vivi123

Rough_Rock
AGBF|1422972255|3826494 said:
Hi, vivi123-

I didn't mean to ignore you. I didn't know if you wanted a charm from my own university (NYU) because you or someone close to you went there or if you just wanted some university charm, so I wasn't sure if I should just repost a close-up of an NYU charm or take new photos of the other university charms (Wharton/U.Penn and Harvard) on my bracelet as well. I believe that this is where i found the NYU charm.

Link...http://www.mlahart.com/New-York-University/Womens-Jewelry_46/14-Karat-Gold-Charm_43?gclid=Cj0KEQiAgMKmBRDMjo_F9OfUubABEiQAp8Ky18ZABPPmnXjJvWD16RZGLeNB9iNfLWxFLTihFC105XsaAn8U8P8HAQ

Deb/AGBF

hi AGBF,

thank you so much for your reply

I just want to know what let you spent so much $550 to buy that, this is really a very high price

have you got facebook? if yes I hope can be your friends on facebook so that we can chat more, thanks

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vivi123|1423015883|3826946 said:
hi AGBF,

I just want to know what let you spent so much $550 to buy that, this is really a very high price

have you got facebook? if yes I hope can be your friends on facebook so that we can chat more, thanks

Hi, vivi-

I do not have Facebook but am happy to chat here. :wavey:

I may have paid more than the price you saw listed on the Internet (I see that one can get it in 14K for $395.00 now) because I was able to get the charm in 18K gold. I always ask a manufacturer if a charm is available in higher karat gold and usually get it in the highest karat gold available. I do not recall what I got this in! The other variable, of course, is the price of gold. If it had gone sky high at any time I bought the charm, jewelry prices might have responded. But $550.00 for a charm does not seem very high to me. Some of the more elaborate Rembrandt charms (like musical instruments) that I bought for my daughter were certainly that expensive many years ago.

Deb/AGBF

vivi123

Rough_Rock
AGBF|1423020809|3826992 said:
vivi123|1423015883|3826946 said:
hi AGBF,

Hi, vivi-

I do not have Facebook but am happy to chat here. :wavey:

I may have paid more than the price you saw listed on the Internet (I see that one can get it in 14K for $395.00 now) because I was able to get the charm in 18K gold. I always ask a manufacturer if a charm is available in higher karat gold and usually get it in the highest karat gold available. I do not recall what I got this in! The other variable, of course, is the price of gold. If it had gone sky high at any time I bought the charm, jewelry prices might have responded. But $550.00 for a charm does not seem very high to me. Some of the more elaborate Rembrandt charms (like musical instruments) that I bought for my daughter were certainly that expensive many years ago.

Deb/AGBF

Hi AGBF,

after I saw your post about spent $550 buy a jewelry for your school., then I search about the school logo jewelry, I find there are some

more sellers sell this now, but what strange is all the prices are very high, they are all expensive than normal jewelrys,

so as we know, there are so many students in each school, if all students like the jewelrys with the school logo, will be a very big market.

But the sellers make the prices so high, so I guess that not all the students like jewelry with their school logo, only very little students like that, do you think so ?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vivi123|1423032237|3827061 said:
Hi AGBF,

after I saw your post about spent $550 buy a jewelry for your school., then I search about the school logo jewelry, I find there are some

more sellers sell this now, but what strange is all the prices are very high, they are all expensive than normal jewelrys,

so as we know, there are so many students in each school, if all students like the jewelrys with the school logo, will be a very big market.

But the sellers make the prices so high, so I guess that not all the students like jewelry with their school logo, only very little students like that, do you think so ?

If you tell me exactly what you are looking for, perhaps I (and other Pricescope members) can help you look on-line. Some Pricescope members have built gorgeous charm bracelets with charms built from eBay purchases. (Others have found charms in antique shops and pawn shops, but I have never done that.) I am extremely envious of one Christmas charm bracelet a member made very quickly out of charms she purchased on eBay. I couldn't believe what a gorgeous bracelet she made!

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results