shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Traditional Charm Bracelets....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...this thread already worked its spell on me! I read it all the way through, then went back into it and followed the link to my own, old thread about my charm bracelet. I was really disappointed about the quality of the photographs of my charm bracelet and felt I should take some better ones. Then I realized that I had photos of two charms of Labs honoring my last dog, Biscuit, and none honoring the breed of dog I have now, a Newfoundland! Well, I bet you can guess the rest. I had the urge just to look around on the 'net and see whether there were any Newfoundland charms that looked good to me!

The result was that I ended up e-mailing one place for a quote on a price for a charm!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is mine. I won enough money at the slot machines to purchase the Tiffany enamel bracelet! (which was just going to remain a bracelet, until...)

I decided "just 1 bangle" would be enough, so I purchased the T&Co enamel "dot". Then a friend of mine gave me the Tiffany shopping bag so I guess - I now own a charm bracelet!

When I purchased an item for my son that he decided he didn't want - and there was nothing at Tiffany's he DID want (who *IS* this kid??), I just HAD to purchase the ribbon box charm.

Life can be so cruel when you *MUST* purchase jewellry... :wacko: ;)) ;)) :cheeky:

IMG_0357.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil Jack|1298211739|2855928 said:
I also found my James Avery gold nativity charm bracelet here.

I don't see the thread to which Neil Jack was referring (he said, "also"), but I know I have a James Avery nativity bracelet. Did anyone post a picture of one in this thread?

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to add this baby shoe charm, inscribed with my daughter's first name and birth date, to my charm bracelet. There should be at least one picture of my charm bracelet earlier in this thread. There is also a separate thread about my charm bracelet. In the next few days I hope to update it with some better photos. The ones in the thread are not very good or clear!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

AGBFcharmin18Kgold.jpg

SandyG1

Rough_Rock
Here is my charm bracelet that my husband bought me about 10 years ago in San Francisco. He started it with the heart locket that opens up to a diamond ring. I love the way it feels on my wrist.

charm1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SandyG1|1328672237|3121400 said:
Here is my charm bracelet that my husband bought me about 10 years ago in San Francisco. He started it with the heart locket that opens up to a diamond ring. I love the way it feels on my wrist.

I love it! And I'm particularly noticing baby shoes right now! I see two on your bracelet; do you have two children? I also see a diploma. Can you take a picture of the charm with the heart open showing the ring? A close-up of the other charms? It's a great bracelet! Tell us more!

Deb/AGBF

SandyG1

Rough_Rock
I have a 12 year old son and a 22 year old daughter who just graduated from Santa Clara University which is why I have the baby shoes and the graduation cap. The teddy bear represents my son who loves to play the guitar and sing Johnny Cash songs. He's played at amusement parks and fairs. My husband had the diamond "S" made for me a few years ago as a Christmas present.

photo 15.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SandyG1|1328943252|3123865 said:
I have a 12 year old son and a 22 year old daughter who just graduated from Santa Clara University which is why I have the baby shoes and the graduation cap. The teddy bear represents my son who loves to play the guitar and sing Johnny Cash songs. He's played at amusement parks and fairs. My husband had the diamond "S" made for me a few years ago as a Christmas present.

What a great bracelet! I love it that every charm has a symbolic meaning to you! Thank you for taking the exrtra picture and explaining the significance of the charms; it makes the bracelet so much more meaningful! It's like having someone explain what is behind a mystifying but lovely painting in a museum: knowing its story makes seeing it a more enriching experience! I love this thread!

Deb/AGBF

SandyG1

Rough_Rock
Deb,

Thank you so much for asking and writing the nice things about my bracelet. It's really nice that someone was truly interested in something that I own and wanting to know the story behind the charms. :twirl:

I saw your charm bracelet and it is beautiful. I love the dog charms and the diamond dog dish. When I looked at it, I was smiling and my daughter passed by and asked me what was making me smile. Sandy

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
SandyG1|1328943252|3123865 said:

Sandy,
What a great bracelet, and I love the stories behind it. Smart husband to have diamond charms made... I want one (a husband, and the charm.. ha!). Cool that your bracelet has a lot of meaning for you.

Beth_Chloefan

Rough_Rock
I adore charms. they are so cute and girly..

I once had a beautiful bracelet with a chunky white gold charm in a love heart shape, unfortunately whilst overseas I had it pulled from me...devastating. Im yet to find something as precious

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents started sterling charm bracelets for their two daughters in 1967 (we were both under 9 years old) for their trip to Europe. We did not go but got the bracelets for Christmas consisting of charms from western European countries. We could only wear the bracelets on special occasions. My Mom started a gold charm bracelet for heself consisting of family history, travel and accomplishments. When she died my sister and I each picked charms and started our own gold bracelets of which I have added to over the years. Now that I have two little girls, I have started sterling charm bracelets for them consisting of countries that they have visited. They are up to thirty already-too many for a bracelet so I am considering doing charm neckaces for them as I have not had them put on the bracelet yet. My friend did this with vintage silver charms and it was about 30 inches long and was amazing! I am finding it harder to find actual charms in countries as the charm souvenir trend seems to be waning. So I find that hand made silver earrings (divisible by 2) in the country's style fits the bill and can be a little more interesting than a map. Whenever I look at vintage/antique/estate jewelry, I am always in search of silver charms. I will send pictures as soon as I figure out my new camera and how to post.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1348251494|3272339 said:
Whenever I look at vintage/antique/estate jewelry, I am always in search of silver charms.

I enjoyed your story, lambskin. Do you ever look on eBay for charms? I have found wonderful, completed, vintage gold charm bracelets on eBay. I don't know if I mentioned them in this thread or another one (I can go look), but I was entranced by ones I saw and motivated to create one like one of them! They remind me of the book Slow Dollar by Margaret Maron.

Deb/AGBF

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun topic. Love the variety of bracelets. I will post mine this weekend. Since I'm in a school I like the little jangle it makes: reminds me of one of my elementary teacher: I liked the distraction of her bracelet when she wrote on the chalk board :rodent:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Was window shopping (or should I say monitor shopping since I"m on the computer) and saw this.... not mine but wish it was! birdcage_charm_psuchy.jpg from a jeweler I like to browse. :lickout:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
I received this as a hand me down from my older sister when I was 13 or 14. She started with the telephone. My parents gave me the merry christmas disc, i worked at BB&B in college (the Z) where I bought the gold mug (it was on sale and represented a good buy!), the rest of the charms came from my oao. The owl is my school, apple for teaching, ladybug for my niece, dog charm for my wheatie and the newest one is the silver palm tree because we live in south florida. Yes, it's a different color but the citrines make it look gold at first!
dsc01375.jpg It's getting a little crowded but I think there's room for more. The children enjoy seeing it and as I said earlier, I sort of like the jingle. :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wordie89|1349634607|3281049 said:
I received this as a hand me down from my older sister when I was 13 or 14. She started with the telephone. My parents gave me the merry christmas disc, i worked at BB&B in college (the Z) where I bought the gold mug (it was on sale and represented a good buy!), the rest of the charms came from my oao. The owl is my school, apple for teaching, ladybug for my niece, dog charm for my wheatie and the newest one is the silver palm tree because we live in south florida. Yes, it's a different color but the citrines make it look gold at first!
dsc01375.jpg It's getting a little crowded but I think there's room for more. The children enjoy seeing it and as I said earlier, I sort of like the jingle. :)

I love it! And I disagree that it is getting crowded; in my opinion, it is only getting started! I think that this is the point where a charm bracelet becomes truly beautiful...when it is full. After this point, it becomes richer and richer. In one of the threads I posted some photos of vintage bracelets I saw for sale on eBay. If I were ever to buy one, I'd buy one replete with charms. Mine looks more or less like yours, and I'd say I wouldn't mind doubling the number of charms on it now if the bracelet would hold them!

Deb/AGBF

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, AGBF I have enjoyed the bracelet. My Oao can breath a sigh of relief.....he has gift ideas galore unless he'd like to pick up a big spinel here or there :razz:

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I added to my vintage Christmas charm bracelet.

I created a vintage birthday charm bracelet.

I've added even more to my college/20s charm bracelet. This one is packed! I've put all sorts of charms on it.. dozens of charms.
From vintage sterling charms to gold lockets to plastic to some sort of craft store enamel charm, it's so full.

Pics soon!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Just counted the charms on my college/20s charm bracelet... I lost track at 100 charms.

Pics attached!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringthings|1352566536|3302652 said:
I added to my vintage Christmas charm bracelet.

I created a vintage birthday charm bracelet.

I've added even more to my college/20s charm bracelet. This one is packed! I've put all sorts of charms on it.. dozens of charms.
From vintage sterling charms to gold lockets to plastic to some sort of craft store enamel charm, it's so full.

Pics soon!

Where are the pictures, ringthings?

Deb

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Hm. I thought the pics were here. I'll have to retake and post again.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF said:
tuffyluvr|1301637517|2884883 said:
I just had to post this--I'm so excited about it!! My boyfriend gave me this 14k yellow gold firefighter badge charm with a diamond set in the center for Christmas, and I finally took it in to be engraved. It's hanging on a gold rope in the box for presentation.

I began collecting charms after I inherited my mom's vintage charm bracelet from the 1950s. She never finished collecting charms for it, so I began collecting charms to finish it. I now have 4 additional charms that I haven't attached, but I need to have a couple links put in so it's not so tight and squeezy on my wrist (my mom was really petite, and I am not!).

I may wear this charm on a gold chain as a pendant for a while before I put it on the bracelet--the charm is such nice quality and the diamond is really sparkly!

tuffyluvr, I had never seen this charm. I absolutely love it. I love the firefighter's badge because I have such a soft spot for firefighters, especially after 9/11. I am sorry that you never took more pictures of this charm or your other charms and got a picture of your entire bracelet up here. (Did you even buy a bracelet yet? If not, can we help you to choose one? Helping someone to pick a charm bracelet is always great fun!)

On the other hand, this thread has not been very active, so I can see why there would be little incentive for you to put up your photos! I hope you see the thread and return to it. In fact, I am glad ringthings has been so faithful to the thread and kept reviving it! I hope everyone who used to enjoy this thread will see it and return to it!

This used to be one of my absolutely favorite threads on Pricescope before the website was upgraded. It kept me interested in my charm bracelet and buying charms. (I have a gold charm bracelet and gold being the price it is right now-around $1880.00 per ounce-I hope I have the sense not to indulge my whims right now!) Nonetheless, I want to get my charm bracelet out again!

Welcome to the thread, tuffyluvr. Thanks, ringthings!
Deb/AGBF

Hi!! OMG... A million years later! ::nono::

I am looking for a charm bracelet for FI's sister. Thought it would be cute to give her a starter for her 30th... Any tips where to look?

Here are some photos of mine... Still haven't put several charms on... ;P

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355895379.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355895602.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355895664.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355895705.jpg

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Oh--and budget for FSIL is about $400... 14k yellow or white, I think... She is fair and very petite, so nothing too chunky. LMK if you know any good vendors!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of these for my FSIL? They're between 3mm-6mm, $325-$400 depending upon the size. From a reputable local B&M.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355975832.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355975871.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355975882.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1355975896.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had gone with a thinner bracelet. Mine is very big and heavy and would be pretty on its own. When all the charms are added it is kinda too thick and heavy. When choosing a bracelet the more links the better-I have seen double loops within a loop to hang an extra charm. When we split up my Mom's bracelet I was lucky to get the bracelet and I like her's better-it is thinner and lighter. I have just added a single gold coin to it. I know I have promised pictures I am just learning my camera and when I learn how to download and transfer you all will be the first.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results