shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your Jack O'' Lanterns, 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everyone's amazing carving skills last year in EBree's thread inspired me to carve up a storm, so I thought it would be fun to have a pumpkin thread for 2009. (It's too bad Curio doesn't post much anymore, I'd love to see what she carved this year!)

Anyway, please show us your Jack O' Lanterns!

Here are mine, before and after. I carved a really cool owl in the third one, but it was very mushy and stringy inside, and it collapsed when I was done. I'm bummed that I bought a rotten pumpkin.
7.gif

HavensPumpkins2009.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven - love the one on the left with the mini jack o''lanterns.

I wish I could post ours, but guess what? I pulled into the driveway this afternoon and our pumpkins were gone. I thought DH and the kids moved them to the back, but NOPE. . .they were stolen by teenagers who smashed everyones'' pumpkins up.
7.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, MC! That''s so sad. Makes you wonder what else is going on with kids who have act on the urge to steal and smash pumpkins.

I just did a side-by-side comparison, and I think my carving skills are improving!
2008/2009

HavensCarvingGrowth.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I know. Little brats. Need to track them down and TP their houses
3.gif

Your skills have improved. . .I love the cat, though. Kitties and halloween are a timeless classic.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, MC! TP their houses! That would feel so good!

I love the kitty, too. I lost my black cat Mazi in 2008, so I chose that pumpkin design in her memory. I might get another pumpkin and carve it again, actually.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Haven, those are awesome! Esp. love the little pumpkin stack.

I''ll be able to add ours in a few days.
9.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
My sister did this one, it''s based on a Japanese Noh theater oni mask representing a red demon (syakki). I fear the picture may be very large so I apologize in advance.
40.gif

Punkin_lit.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
so cool. FI and I watched a pumpkin carving contest on Food Network last night- those pumpkins were amazing...

I probably won''t carve any pumpkins this year, but FI might

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
This makes me want to do one. I never have before, but what the heck.

ts44-that is incredible. Was it done with a pattern? If so, can I get one of those patterns?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2009 10:33:07 PM
Author: Haven
Oh no, MC! That''s so sad. Makes you wonder what else is going on with kids who have act on the urge to steal and smash pumpkins.

I just did a side-by-side comparison, and I think my carving skills are improving!
2008/2009
Haven - you are sooo talented! I always end up with pumpkins that have like 3 inch thick walls! Almost impossible
to do anything more than the usual triangle eyes/nose and silly mouth. You''ve inspired me to try a little harder
this year!

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 10:51:09 AM
Author: radiantquest
This makes me want to do one. I never have before, but what the heck.

ts44-that is incredible. Was it done with a pattern? If so, can I get one of those patterns?
Sorry I just saw this! She did not use a pattern, she got a picture of a mask off of Google for reference and did it freehand.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Haven and Ts44 those are really cool!Very talented! Mine are usually just the standard smiley face
1.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Nice work, Haven! I love the little kitty.

I''m far too dangerous with sharp knives to do pumpkin carving, but I enjoy others'' jack-o-lanterns (with all my fingers still attached).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We bought more pumpkins and they''re hidden in the back of my car! lol It''s nearly impossible to find decent pumpkins w/out blemishes this late in the game.

E B

Ideal_Rock
BUMP, darnit!

Anyone carving pumpkins tonight or tomorrow night? We're considering carving them tonight, and I've chosen an 'advanced' pattern, MUCH harder than the goofy face I carved last year. Bad idea?
31.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can do it, EBree! I can''t wait to see your Jack-O-Lanterns!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of Nerdy Pumpkin #1: The HYDRA logo (Nerdy Pumpkin #2 is the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo, and I''m working on that one tonight). The photo came out a bit blurry, but my camera doesn''t like to take clear shots when it''s on low battery (oops!).

hydrapumpkin.JPG

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. I''m loving everyone''s jack o'' lanterns....nice work, everybody!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 11:27:22 PM
You can do it, EBree! I can't wait to see your Jack-O-Lanterns!

I did it!
9.gif
Now the sun needs to set so I can photograph them.

misskitty- GREAT job!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissKitty--I don''t know what Hydra or S.H.I.E.L.D. are, but that pumpkin is SO COOL! I''m very impressed, especially with all those swoopy lines!

ts44--Your sister''s pumpkin is unbelievable! It reminds me of CurioPotter''s pumpkins from last year. Wow.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lane''s is on the left and mine is on the right!!

12135_539782469693_25200289_31965141_1781155_n.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
OU--Those are amazing!

Is your SO named Lane? That''s my FBIL''s name! I don''t know many Lanes. I call him Laney Poo or Lanaronius, though. We''ve known each other for a long time. (The funny thing is that my sister''s name is Allie, so they''re both named after thoroughfares! Ha ha.)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Our family''s contribution for Halloween 2009! From L: My husband''s, mine, and one I carved for our son.

apumpkins.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
OU, those are great!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. We''ve got some seriously talented pumpkin carvers here on PS.

The detail on those is just amazing!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 7:30:54 PM
OU--Those are amazing!

Is your SO named Lane? That''s my FBIL''s name! I don''t know many Lanes. I call him Laney Poo or Lanaronius, though. We''ve known each other for a long time. (The funny thing is that my sister''s name is Allie, so they''re both named after thoroughfares! Ha ha.)

Thank you! We had a lot of fun carving them! And yep, BF''s name is Lane. I call him Laneiffer (like Jennifer) and I have no idea.. One day it just popped into my head for no reason at all!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else? We can''t be the only ones carving pumpkins!
26.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what great Jack O Lanterns everyone has. I know I''d mess up big time if I attempted anything close to what some of you guys
have done. Maybe I just don''t have the patience. Anyway, here''s my pumpkins, these are the fake ones that are easy to carve, except
well, I didn''t ;-)

hey, question for all of you - do ya''ll think I could leave these out til Thanksgiving? Or do they look too much like October decor?

pumpkinUrns09.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
haven: those are awesome!

bebe: def leave it out till t''giving...it looks fantastic and seasonal--but not just Halloween (now if you carved them, that would be different). Where do you live--what little I can see of your house looks great!

As for me, first Halloween in the ''burbs and didn''t even buy a pumpkin! oops. Maybe I can get a pass since I''m still transitioning from a small apt/city state of mind. Sadly also not v. crafty ..

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 10:12:31 PM
Author: janinegirly
haven: those are awesome!

bebe: def leave it out till t''giving...it looks fantastic and seasonal--but not just Halloween (now if you carved them, that would be different). Where do you live--what little I can see of your house looks great!

As for me, first Halloween in the ''burbs and didn''t even buy a pumpkin! oops. Maybe I can get a pass since I''m still transitioning from a small apt/city state of mind. Sadly also not v. crafty ..
janine - so you think it''s ok to leave ''em out huh?

I live in the ''burbs of Houston, Tx. We had a huge rain storm Friday, so my porch, doors and the urns got filthy from the wind and rain.

These "craft pumpkins" are pretty cool. I didn''t know about them until I heard Martha Stewart talking about them. They are
very lightweight and supposedly easy to carve. They are not cheap though! I bought mine with 40% off coupons - no way
was I goning to pay full price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results