shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Antique/Vintage and Reproduction Rings!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6C1E91B4-4EB9-41F7-B302-28D727AE1592.jpeg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this ring, and the band with it! :love: Must sparkle like crazy!
Thank you so much! The ring belonged to my grandmother and the band was an eBay find. They match really well, I got lucky!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1B5958FD-D185-4973-887E-C2979FB52C17.jpeg CF23FEC8-0DFE-44CA-8480-8DFA7A4C32E9.jpeg These rings are all so beautiful! Here is my vintage daisy cluster. The diamonds are either old mine or old European cut. I cannot find anyone in my area who can confirm.

VERY cool ring. TFS!

nikkirawks

Rough_Rock
Here’s my Art Deco target ring repro by the very talented David Klass. After the original one sold before my then boyfriend could purchase it, we had it recreated with some sentimental additions. It’s now my engagement ring and I’m obsessed!

1.27 round, vvs1, j
Perfectly clear emeralds
Platinum and yellow gold
Size 4 finger.

2B0A2B70-5F62-48E2-B80C-AB19CA27F00C.jpeg
81941B7E-70B1-420E-BCB0-FD827C46F628.jpeg

A30D35F8-264C-4F86-8588-DE36A7695A22.jpeg
AFB96583-AFBD-4A08-8A3D-9CF5F4E8DEB9.jpeg BCE92C64-B041-478F-A86E-31CC59E774FD.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone’s gorgeous target rings are making me want to reset my ering into one so so badly!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This band is in the mail, I'm hoping it will go well my new ring, fingers crossed!

IMG_0371.jpg IMG_0372.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone’s gorgeous target rings are making me want to reset my ering into one so so badly!

You have one of my favorite rings on PS, and it's like the perfect ring for stacking, I admire it regularly in the stack of the day thread :kiss2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have one of my favorite rings on PS, and it's like the perfect ring for stacking, I admire it regularly in the stack of the day thread :kiss2:
Gosh, thank you! That’s a huge compliment given the amazing rings on here. We seem to have similar taste tho as I love all your beautiful rings.
I do love my ering tho and would only reset if I got another OEC to put in the same setting. Since that’s not happening for a few years I might just have to buy another OEC to put in a target setting instead :mrgreen2::P2

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox, I think getting a second ring is a much better idea then you can switch them out when the mood strikes or wear the target as a RHR.

We have very similar taste, I believe (if I don't have you mixed up with someone else) that you eventually figured out that what you really wanted was a round diamond in a square setting, well that turned out to be me too. I started with a princess and now have the round in a square setting. Yes lots of rings on PS but something about the old ones that are just so special.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox, I think getting a second ring is a much better idea then you can switch them out when the mood strikes or wear the target as a RHR.

We have very similar taste, I believe (if I don't have you mixed up with someone else) that you eventually figured out that what you really wanted was a round diamond in a square setting, well that turned out to be me too. I started with a princess and now have the round in a square setting. Yes lots of rings on PS but something about the old ones that are just so special.
You got me! And I love your illusion settings especially the holy grail one you got recently. The old ones are so where it’s at for me too. I’ve yet to see a modern setting that makes my heart skip a beat like an Art Deco shoulder or an Edwardian filigree gallery :kiss2:

Last edited:

belledenuit

Rough_Rock
Hello :), this is my first post (yay), hope it works!
Vintage&antique jewellery is my passion and would love to contribute with what I have :D (don't have pictures of everything though).
These are my two Art Deco ones... the pearl on the second ring has really nice green overtones IRL and I just looove the undergallery too, but I rarely wear it, because it just seems so delicate...

DSC00455.png DSC00456.png DSC00452.png
DSC00453.png
DSC00448 (2).png
DSC00450.png

Attachments

• DSC00449.png
    DSC00449.png
    1 MB · Views: 33

belledenuit

Rough_Rock
This is a simple bezeled transitional cut (at least I think so ?), from ca. the 30s, it belonged to my great-aunt, I believe it was her e-ring. I had it resized so that it fits my ring finger too, to cheer me up on my rainy single days hahaha :D. It's around 1 ct, but looks big on my size 4 finger.

DSC01908 (3).JPG DSC02002 (2).JPG DSC02011 (2).JPG

belledenuit

Rough_Rock
And just a reproduction ring from the 60s, I bought it off eBay and had the melee replaced, because the original diamonds were too yellow, so it has zero antique value, but I wear it probably the most often, I love to match it with just jeans and a t-shirt as a statement (here in Europe it's almost too big) :).

DSC02038 (3).JPG DSC02040 (2).JPG

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings!! The pearl ring does look delicate, and so lovely.

Hello :), this is my first post (yay), hope it works!
Vintage&antique jewellery is my passion and would love to contribute with what I have :D (don't have pictures of everything though).
These are my two Art Deco ones... the pearl on the second ring has really nice green overtones IRL and I just looove the undergallery too, but I rarely wear it, because it just seems so delicate...

CloverBuddha

Rough_Rock
This is a simple bezeled transitional cut (at least I think so ?), from ca. the 30s, it belonged to my great-aunt, I believe it was her e-ring. I had it resized so that it fits my ring finger too, to cheer me up on my rainy single days hahaha :D. It's around 1 ct, but looks big on my size 4 finger.

DSC01908 (3).JPG DSC02002 (2).JPG DSC02011 (2).JPG

Your rings are lovely, and your photo skills divine! Any tips to share? I'm collecting my OEC engagement ring this weekend, and want to share some nice photos here.

BTW, I don't think your ring looks too big for your hand. I'm in London, and it doesn't come across as too blinging!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8381912A-5521-441E-8B3B-52710A726CB6.jpeg
Where has this thread been my whole life!
Here are photos of my favorite serpent. I must have looked at a zillion snake rings before picking out his sweet face and nice closed design that does not catch on anything.
In the last photo on my pointer finger is a three stone ring I got from a friend who is a ring dealer in France. The center stone, a sapphire we think, is cloudy from age and I have considered replacing it with an antique diamond.

I came to this thread looking for ideas. I am having made a repro carved gold signet ring made and wondering if this wouid be a good place to get advice on my CADs??? Need the EXPERT eyes for this project!

IMG_2566.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8381912A-5521-441E-8B3B-52710A726CB6.jpeg
Where has this thread been my whole life!
Here are photos of my favorite serpent. I must have looked at a zillion snake rings before picking out his sweet face and nice closed design that does not catch on anything.
In the last photo on my pointer finger is a three stone ring I got from a friend who is a ring dealer in France. The center stone, a sapphire we think, is cloudy from age and I have considered replacing it with an antique diamond.

I came to this thread looking for ideas. I am having made a repro carved gold signet ring made and wondering if this wouid be a good place to get advice on my CADs??? Need the EXPERT eyes for this project!

IMG_2566.JPG

@Jimmianne I’d start a thread in rocky talk re feedback for your CADs.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Lilliana, my repro, is in my avatar. :kiss2:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
These are my antique and vintage rings.
The ruby and diamond cluster is my engagement ring and is modern.

The pear diamond was a gift after I had my 3rd son and is vintage circa 1990's. The antique marquise shaped multi old cut diamonds was a gift after my first born son.

The diamond and synthetic ruby I inherited from my great grandmother, it was passed to my Nana who passed it to me.

The other marquise shaped with the centre old European cut diamond was purchased in an antique jewellery shop in the city I live in, in New Zealand.
I work for a jewellery valuer and at some stage plan to have my ruby engagement ring remade in a similar cluster style using either old European cut diamond or maybe rose cuts or old mine cuts. DSC_0529.JPG DSC_0522.JPG DSC_0523.JPG DSC_0518.JPG DSC_0527.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My great grandmother's engagement ring that I wore all though my twenties. It was the beginning of my love affair with old cut diamonds...I adored and cherished this ring before I even knew what old cut diamonds were.

basketcloseupgreatgrandmaring.jpg.png

profilegreatgrandmasring.jpg.png

topviewgreatgrandmaring.jpg.png

shankgreatgrandmaring.jpg.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results