shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your wedding dress pics and prices

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine! I love love love love it, but I did end up going over budget. The dress was $2600, but I think it was worth every penny :) I think you can definitely tell a difference between fabric qualities, but whether that matters is totally up to you! You will know when you find the dress that is meant for you. It could be $500 and it could be $5000. It is really all subjective.

IMG_2391.JPG

slg47

Ideal_Rock
getting excited|1294810578|2820474 said:
Here is mine! I love love love love it, but I did end up going over budget. The dress was $2600, but I think it was worth every penny :) I think you can definitely tell a difference between fabric qualities, but whether that matters is totally up to you! You will know when you find the dress that is meant for you. It could be $500 and it could be $5000. It is really all subjective.

getting excited that dress looks great on you!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
[quote="slg47|1294815348|2820524

getting excited that dress looks great on you![/quote]

Thanks so much! I was worried it might be a little "too much" but I just could not stop thinking about it. I can't wait to get that baby back on!! :)

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I wore a Mori Lee dress 9 years ago for my wedding, but came across a Kenneth Poole sample for $70 in the clearence room of a local bridal salon a while back and bought it to resell on ebay. The Kenneth Poole would have retailed for about 6k+, and while I could tell worlds of difference in the construction and fabrics, I don't know that it would have been worth it to me. The silk-satin felt amazing, and photographed beautifully, the beading was very fine and detailed, it was constructed nicely, and had lots of built-in layers and poof. But 6K was my entire wedding budget! I paid for my dress myself, and there's no way I would have been able to shell out that much. My Mori Lee was perfect for my wedding, looked pretty, and I later sold it for a decent price. So I guess it's all about what you want in a dress and how much you're willing to pay for it.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
My Cymbeline dress was about 1600 Euros.

I'm not sure if that translates 1:1 into dollars or whether they apply an exchange rate when selling in U.S. stores or whether they have different pricing for the U.S. market altogether.

ETA: The price was worth it for me. It is an all silk dress, which was extremely light and comfortable to wear.

mscushion_cymbelinedress1.jpg

mscushion_cymbelinedress2.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, girls! I'd love to see more dresses if you have the pics. (*bump*)

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine, monique lhuillier

072_011611_sba771dress.jpg

turboflgrl

Shiny_Rock
I just got married so I don't have a ton of pictures yet but mine was Maggie Sottero "Destiny" and cost me just over $1,000 including tax. I was lucky that I fit a size 8 perfectly and needed no alterations other than a bustle.

As far as cheap vs. expensive, I saw extremely expensive dresses that I loved but Maggie Sottero's corsets fit like none other! I sort of feel as though high end gowns are just not made for my shape... My gown was a soft ivory organza material and I got a TON of compliments on it.

If I'm being totally honest, I did not initially feel as beautiful as I wanted to on my wedding day. I used to be about a size 2/3 about 4 years ago and once I got a desk job, it all changed. I tried to lose about 20lbs but only ended up dropping 5lbs because I was a full time student with a full time job planning a wedding... not an easy task and left little time for intense weight loss.

In the end, the Maggie dress made me feel beautiful... how you should feel on your wedding day. I was proud to walk down the aisle in it, felt comfortable dancing my butt off in it, and the price point didn't exactly hurt either ;))

185661_10150111889848910_18943803909_6342607_8129205_n.jpg

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Mori Lee 2512, $900

DSCN1402.JPG

DSCN1403.JPG

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
My dress is a Maggie Sottero 'Anniston.' I added cap sleeves. The dress cost me $1800 AUD and the sleeves were an extra $200ish (I think I got ripped off but eh). I LOVED wearing my dress!

Excuse my weird expression in the picture!

drfscxazsd.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
turboflgrl|1298949877|2861755 said:
I just got married so I don't have a ton of pictures yet but mine was Maggie Sottero "Destiny" and cost me just over $1,000 including tax. I was lucky that I fit a size 8 perfectly and needed no alterations other than a bustle.

As far as cheap vs. expensive, I saw extremely expensive dresses that I loved but Maggie Sottero's corsets fit like none other! I sort of feel as though high end gowns are just not made for my shape... My gown was a soft ivory organza material and I got a TON of compliments on it.

If I'm being totally honest, I did not initially feel as beautiful as I wanted to on my wedding day. I used to be about a size 2/3 about 4 years ago and once I got a desk job, it all changed. I tried to lose about 20lbs but only ended up dropping 5lbs because I was a full time student with a full time job planning a wedding... not an easy task and left little time for intense weight loss.

In the end, the Maggie dress made me feel beautiful... how you should feel on your wedding day. I was proud to walk down the aisle in it, felt comfortable dancing my butt off in it, and the price point didn't exactly hurt either ;))

OMG! That picture is GORGEOUS! You are stunning. You look like Carrie Underwood in that picture! :)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
turboflgrl you look sooo gorgeous in that photo! i don't think you need to regret not losing the weight AT ALL!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish Musey was around to post her dress. I loved that baby.

My dress was not a wedding dress, but an evening gown by Badgley Mischka. $900 new. Got it from BlueFly for $450. I loved it. Did I mention it was silver?

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Well, let's see it Freke!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
These are all so beautiful! Mine is going to be simple and made by my best friend. I can't wait to have something to show off ;-)

MissBull

Rough_Rock
mscushion|1294866078|2820960 said:
My Cymbeline dress was about 1600 Euros.

I'm not sure if that translates 1:1 into dollars or whether they apply an exchange rate when selling in U.S. stores or whether they have different pricing for the U.S. market altogether.

ETA: The price was worth it for me. It is an all silk dress, which was extremely light and comfortable to wear.

Mscusion which Cymbeline dress is this?? I can't find it online :confused: It's beautiful!! :appl:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
MissBull|1299880872|2869828 said:
Mscusion which Cymbeline dress is this?? I can't find it online :confused: It's beautiful!! :appl:

Hi MissBull! :wavey: Thanks! It's the "Dynastie." It's from the 2010 collection. I see they have the new 2011 collection online now. I don't know if the Cymbeline stores regularly throw out last year's inventory to make room for the new collection or if some stores still have it around.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i wore pronovias "harlem" at my september 2010 wedding. it was $1200 (and i think that's at the bottom end of their prices).

(btw, i love this idea for a post b/c wedding dress prices are so hush-hush & it's disappointing & a bit embarrassing to fall in love with a dress that is WAY out of the price range where you are comfortable.)

IMG_0379_0.jpg

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
lulu66|1300152127|2871933 said:
i wore pronovias "harlem" at my september 2010 wedding. it was $1200 (and i think that's at the bottom end of their prices).

(btw, i love this idea for a post b/c wedding dress prices are so hush-hush & it's disappointing & a bit embarrassing to fall in love with a dress that is WAY out of the price range where you are comfortable.)

IMG_0379_0.jpg

Hey...this is really similar to the Pronovias Alma that I got! :) Mine was about 1300. I got a belt to go with it that cost almost the same as the dress! :shock: :-o

Pronovias Alma BBO1.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i must say bbo, that is quite a beautiful dress :bigsmile: i love that you're putting a belt with it too. i wrestled with wanting a belt or a sash but in the end went very simple: no belt, small pearl drop earrings, no necklace, no bracelet.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
lulu66|1300232731|2872747 said:
i must say bbo, that is quite a beautiful dress :bigsmile: i love that you're putting a belt with it too. i wrestled with wanting a belt or a sash but in the end went very simple: no belt, small pearl drop earrings, no necklace, no bracelet.

Thanks, lulu! :) If it were all up to me, I wouldn't have put a belt on it. My bridesmaids and my mom wanted a little more sparkle so I obliged. I like it though...it helps the dress be a little different from the other brides that decide to buy the same one. I think I'm going for a necklace similar to what is in the pic, a MUCH smaller bracelet and small earrings as well. If I get bigger earrings then no necklace. I can only handle being SO blingy at once! LOL.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mscushion|1300052727|2870953 said:
MissBull|1299880872|2869828 said:

Hi MissBull! :wavey: Thanks! It's the "Dynastie." It's from the 2010 collection. I see they have the new 2011 collection online now. I don't know if the Cymbeline stores regularly throw out last year's inventory to make room for the new collection or if some stores still have it around.

Impossibly beautiful! OOOhhhhhhhh....................

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sba771|1298834996|2860584 said:
Here is mine, monique lhuillier

Stunning! WOW! Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Lulu - that looks great on your body.

BleedBurntOrange - which belt did you end up choosing?

Bobbin- that's such a romantic dress? do you have any idea what AUS translates into in American dollars?

Mashira - I love the beading work.

Turboflygrl - I can't believe you even thought you could be anything but beautiful. Your gorgeous!

Sba - how much was your dress? It's so elegant.

Mscushion - that's wonderfully simple. I love how happy you look.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
iota15|1304490228|2911859 said:

Bobbin- that's such a romantic dress? do you have any idea what AUS translates into in American dollars?

Turboflygrl - I can't believe you even thought you could be anything but beautiful. Your gorgeous!

I ended up with a Lazaro belt. The one in the pic attached. I'm kind of embarassed to say that it cost nearly as much as the dress! I'm BAD at bargain hunting and ended up just buying it on the spot.

Alma_close up.JPG

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Travel Goddess|1294175122|2814230 said:
My dress was the "Brazil" by Blue by Enzoani (original size 8, probably sized down to between a 4 and 6 because I lost 20 pounds after I purchased the dress).

Cost was $2000 + alterations.

TravelGoddess, I am so obsessed with your dress! You look stunning in it! I have to admit, I might have to go hunt this down in a bridal salon somewhere... ;))

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Bleed Burnt Orange|1304520920|2911992 said:

I ended up with a Lazaro belt. The one in the pic attached. I'm kind of embarassed to say that it cost nearly as much as the dress! I'm BAD at bargain hunting and ended up just buying it on the spot.

hhehe. I can understand why with that belt. I still don't know my dress language but I really like how your dress "flares" out. It's very chic.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
iota15|1304612021|2913008 said:
Bleed Burnt Orange|1304520920|2911992 said:

hhehe. I can understand why with that belt. I still don't know my dress language but I really like how your dress "flares" out. It's very chic.

:)) Thanks. I'd call it "flare" too!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Iota- I am embarrassed to admit it but my dress was about 7k :-o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results