shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Three-side pave diamond rings!

JessesGirl22

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I have been looking at rings and I loved settings that have pave diamonds on all three sides. The problem is that I want a thin band, but I'm concerned as to how thin the band can be with this type of setting. Please post the width of the ring as well.

Thank you!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a three sided pave ring made by Leon Mege. It is 2.2 mm, but Leon can make them even narrower. He wanted to make
my ring between 1.8-2.0 mm but I wanted it wider. 2.2 was as wide as he would go. It is really early here so I can't take any
photos. My old ones were all lost in a computer crash. But if you look up my old thread you should be able to find it. I am sorry
I don't know how to link it. :confused:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I can steal a few from my old thread. The most important thing to remember with a 3 sided pave ring is that if you want to wear
a wedding band you must have a spacer band to prevent damage. Stones against stones will damage each other and you don't want
metal scraping along the head to damage it. I had a spacer made for my ring. I intend to get a thinner band made by Leon to
match. Some days I like the blingy band sometimes it feels like too much.

codypic1.jpg

codypic2-1.JPG

IMG_0290vlsring10.JPG

IMG_vlsring4dluvsv.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is one more to show the width against a 3 mm eternity with 10 point stones

IMG_vlsring9dluvsv.jpeg

IMG_vlsring0310.JPG

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
DSCN0358.jpg

Mine doesn't have a whole lot on the third side due to the scrollwork near the bridge, but I hope it is close enough to be included in this thread! :oops:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
3 sided eternity set
e-ring and w band are 1.8mm
(i hate these prongs, getting re-done in 2 weeks)

Princess3SidedPave (2).jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
here's my 3-sided pave Michael B Paris Ring ... width is 1.8mm and it's EXTREMELY STURDY, as long as there is some sort of shank height (vertical height) ... my ring is 90% plat and 10% iridium, which is supposed to be sturdier than 950 plat.

SORRY THESE ARE HUGE PHOTOS !

20101114-IMG_3216a.jpg
IMG_3001.jpg
ring-6.jpg
IMG_2970.jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
yes, you must wear a spacer if you decide to wear a 3-sided pave ring with an eternity wedding band ... this will prevent the prongs to scratch against each other.

here's a photo of my 1mm spacer ring, it's super discreet !

20101114-IMG_3254a.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Here is my 3 sided pave ring:

my.ring.bezeled2222.jpg

And with my wedding band:

wband.handshot01.jpg

missD

Rough_Rock
I had a 1.7-1.8mm and had so many issues with 1 diamond falling out. The same area over and over again (4 times). The jeweler has to be exact with the amount of gold they use and the size of the melee to make this work out for the long run. Sadly, that one melee was a teeny bit too large to begin with so the amount of gold there was too little to make it secure. I would suggest going for 1.8-2mm but make sure you're jeweler is a master at this - even though there might be a warranty on melee replacements, it's just a heartbreaking thing to see your ring with a stone missing.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
we need more pictures of this baby! :love:

MxMom

Rough_Rock
This is a mfg photo of my three sided ring.

ek25ua.jpg

and

2cmma1e.jpg

I still love my ring!

ojodeazul

Rough_Rock
I have a three sided micro by Cellini in NYC it is super super super fine and though generally sturdy, I have had it nine months and it has been back once for a repair. I will try to post some hand shots.
Sorry the pic is sooo big.

handlowcmd.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am really loving the three sided pave. You do have to be more careful with pave than channel set or prong set.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my Mark Patterson ring. I haven't had it very long, so I can't speak to any durability issues, but it is very delicate (I couldn't tell you the exact width - sorry!) and I heart it. There are more photos here.

In%20the%20Sheets.jpg
From%20the%20Side.jpg
Curled%20Fingers.jpg

JessesGirl22

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your feedback and beautiful pictures! Our jeweler recommended a 2mm band, he said that it would be more durable and less likely for diamonds to fall out.

stci

Ideal_Rock
What a great topic one more time! I always fall in love with many diamond rings! :love: :love:

SeanKM

Rough_Rock
That engagement band looks unique! I would love to know how I can get something similar for my girlfriend. Could you give me any direction?

Thanks,

Sean

EMSNYC

Rough_Rock
FRANKIEXTAH, if you're still on here, could you tell me where your ring came from? I would be extremely interested in getting something similar.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearlman's Jewelers carries Michael B. You can find them online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results