shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Solitaire Diamond Pendant over 1-CT

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am thinking about getting a solitaire diamond pendant for everyday wear. Not sure about the size. My initial thought is between 1 and 2 carat for the diamond to be noticeable but simple enough. What do you think is best size?

Photos , especially neck shots to provide real life size perspective, are appreciated. Of course, photos showing the setting design are also helpful. Thanks in advance.

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
86B97C6E-61C3-4FBD-A09D-B8E3862B66CC.jpeg B42DC362-1465-4D16-8579-8EE0AAF53C77.jpeg A2C352F0-097D-4983-A93F-3437131C75FB.jpeg 8076CDB4-F0B1-4CD5-B3C5-4389C414C402.jpeg 39D6B337-BD6B-4D04-A678-16F69411F5BF.jpeg 32BC7021-B13F-4F2F-ACFE-B8B2D7872D78.jpeg Funny you should ask... I just had this made from my first ERing as I just up graded. It is 1.21 carats in white gold. I kept it simple because I wanted to wear it 24/7 and I do. It’s comfortable and doesn’t flip at all or move around.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Princess, you are so sweet and kind to take time showing me all important and relevant shots. Your photos confirm several important aspects:
1. Size - significant, yet not overwhelming. Elegant and not distracting.
2. Setting with flat base - the flat metal base keeps the pendant stay flat on body. It’s added weight helps keep the pendant from flipping.
3. Prong setting - allows more of the diamond exposed for maximum light return vs bezel setting.

The only question I have is if the pendant does not ride up 100%. I know both the length of the necklace and the weight of the pendant relative to the chain affect the movement of the pendant. You necklace length and pendant size seem to achieve the desired results of no flipping and no apparent movement. Still, I wonder if you occasionally find yourself have to adjust the position of your pendant? Or I have to go with a sliding pendant to be 100% sure of no pendant riding up?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rubybrick, thanks for your helpful photos. Your pendant size, chain length, and sliding design with a bale are exactly what I am looking for. It looks perfectly becoming on you. If I were getting a pear diamod, I would copy your design exactly, Including the bezel and the chain length. Definitely, to protect the pear tip, I would need bezel setting or halo.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
C316EF22-35EB-44D1-9235-8AB7274D01CF.jpeg
Rubybrick, thanks for your helpful photos. Your pendant size, chain length, and sliding design with a bale are exactly what I am looking for. It looks perfectly becoming on you. If I were getting a pear diamod, I would copy your design exactly, Including the bezel and the chain length. Definitely, to protect the pear tip, I would need bezel setting or halo.
I am glad to help. There is not a separate bale, as it was the reason I had this reset. (It was white gold prong set and the bale was being scored my my platinum chain) I am thrilled with the new more streamline design, it’s like a brand new piece!). I can’t wait to see what you decide!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just over 1ct here also, bezel with an open back. No issues with flipping or the pendant going out of place. Unplated white gold on a yellow gold chain.

PSX_20180320_173301.jpg PSX_20180320_173341.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just over 1ct here also, bezel with an open back. No issues with flipping or the pendant going out of place. Unplated white gold on a yellow gold chain.

PSX_20180320_173301.jpg PSX_20180320_173341.jpg
Very becoming on you. Another example of a beveled, slde-through with a flat back pendant design that successfully prevents flipping and unwanted up-movement. Thanks for confirming the design. Your 1-ct looks HUGE! Wonder if the bezel helps the diamond to appear larger?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very becoming on you. Another example of a beveled, slde-through with a flat back pendant design that successfully prevents flipping and unwanted up-movement. Thanks for confirming the design. Your 1-ct looks HUGE! Wonder if the bezel helps the diamond to appear larger?

thank you so much! sometimes i think it looks too big on me, i really like the delicate look of ~1/2 ct pendants. the stone is ~6.5mm i would guesstimate the bezel adds another ~1-1.5mm. the design was inspired by another PSer's pendant which I think is so beautiful. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cvb-pendant.232396/

good luck in your decision-making process!

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Princess, you are so sweet and kind to take time showing me all important and relevant shots. Your photos confirm several important aspects:
1. Size - significant, yet not overwhelming. Elegant and not distracting.
2. Setting with flat base - the flat metal base keeps the pendant stay flat on body. It’s added weight helps keep the pendant from flipping.
3. Prong setting - allows more of the diamond exposed for maximum light return vs bezel setting.

The only question I have is if the pendant does not ride up 100%. I know both the length of the necklace and the weight of the pendant relative to the chain affect the movement of the pendant. You necklace length and pendant size seem to achieve the desired results of no flipping and no apparent movement. Still, I wonder if you occasionally find yourself have to adjust the position of your pendant? Or I have to go with a sliding pendant to be 100% sure of no pendant riding up?
Actually when he first made it was a sliding pendant style. It was ALLWAYS FLIPPING!! We redid it with the little loops on either side and that rectified the situation. I rarely have to adjust it and it never slips to the back. Even when I wake up in the morning it is in its place.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Actually when he first made it was a sliding pendant style. It was ALLWAYS FLIPPING!! We redid it with the little loops on either side and that rectified the situation. I rarely have to adjust it and it never slips to the back. Even when I wake up in the morning it is in its place.
I am surprised to hear that a sliding pendant with a flat back flips. Could it have to do with short length of chain?

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am surprised to hear that a sliding pendant with a flat back flips. Could it have to do with short length of chain?
not sure why but maybe the position of where it slid or the weight

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have any new additions to this older thread?

Would love to see them! All shapes and sizes.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results