carat
color
clarity

Show me your jewelry boxes

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
KatSullivan|1344229446|3246685 said:
I'm so excited to show off my jewelry box! It is a Korean lacquerware box with mother of pearl inlay depicting cranes - a very common theme. I purchased it in the Insadong district in Seoul. I love it so much, and I swear, my jewelry looks better inside of it! :love:

I am almost grateful to the spammer who brought this thread back to life. Your box deserves a few minutes of drool any time I come across it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1325523764|3093485 said:
Here is the one I have hanging on the wall. I have it in my walk in closet that has a coded lock deadbolt on the door. It feels safer to me.
The door is deadbolted and the box is attached to the wall and locked. Probably wouldn't make a hill of beans of difference in reality,
but in my mind it feels safer than a box sitting on a dresser.

Luv2sparkle, I love your jewelry box. Do you mind me asking where you found it? My husband had the space above our garage turned into a beautiful closet for me and this would be a perfect addition to the room.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea for a thread Gyppers!

I collect vintage ballerina music boxes, especially those by Reuge, I prefer the ones where the ballerinas twirl. I don't store jewellery in them but enjoy them for the treasures they are, I will have to try to photograph some of them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this before but for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and might be interested. Not a jewelry box per se but where I keep my jewelry. Better for me than a bank vault because I have it all ready to wear when I want it and that's the point for me anyway. To enjoy it and keep it accessible.

It's a double safe behind a linen closet. Top one is bolted to the wall and the bottom one to the floor.

_19837.jpg

_19838.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
KatSullivan said:
I'm so excited to show off my jewelry box! It is a Korean lacquerware box with mother of pearl inlay depicting cranes - a very common theme. I purchased it in the Insadong district in Seoul. I love it so much, and I swear, my jewelry looks better inside of it! :love:
That is stunning! I am making a trip to Insadong next weekend, I am going to keep an eye out for a beautiful piece like yours!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We have a huge safe, it's taller than I am, & I'm 5.5". It's about 800 pounds, & all our guns, amo, important papers, miscellaneous stuff, & my jewelery lives there. It's also fire retardant up to something like 1400 degrees for something like 90 minutes. Can't remember exactly. It's certainly as wide as a refrigerator. I like having it, it's in our bedroom.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1343327268|3240640 said:
My jewellery lives in a bank safe! I wear anything that's out, it never gets put anywhere else. I have no pretty boxes or costume jewellery. Some of those boxes are so pretty!

rosetta, I have a variation on this. I bought some beautiful wooden, lined jewelry boxes for my daughter and myself, but now use them only for costume jewelry. My jewelry, also, lives in the safety deposit box at the bank! It is a shame that the lovely boxes are going to waste, but none of my good jewelry is insured any longer! (It cost an arm and a leg every year!)

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
this is my first present from my boyfriend.
it's from pottery barn. and i love it

295800_10100381903111127_107229902_n.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I repurposed an old dresser -- painted and stenciled it and bought jewelry trays for the drawers.

_22684.jpg

dresserdrawer.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Matata|1411657922|3756845 said:
I repurposed an old dresser -- painted and stenciled it and bought jewelry trays for the drawers.

This. Is. SO. COOOOOOOOOOOL. Seriously, I'm in agony ... I want one!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1411660993|3756879 said:

what she said: i'm envious! :love:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Circe and MZ….I carried that dresser around for years with its original ugly finish and swore that I would do something with it one day which took 30 years. Two weeks ago, I decided to refresh the bedroom in grays and yellows and that poor old dresser finally got its facelift. I liked the stencil so much that I bought a cheap canvas and made a painting for above the bed (minor threadjack, sorry).

bed.jpg

painting.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, that chest is beautiful!!! :appl: I really love it!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1411661188|3756882 said:

what she said: i'm envious! :love:

Me 3 - what a stunning way to repurpose!!!! :clap:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1404476996|3706668 said:
I posted this before but for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and might be interested. Not a jewelry box per se but where I keep my jewelry. Better for me than a bank vault because I have it all ready to wear when I want it and that's the point for me anyway. To enjoy it and keep it accessible.

It's a double safe behind a linen closet. Top one is bolted to the wall and the bottom one to the floor.

Oooooooh! I love this! We live in a country with very high crime and although we have an alarm with motion sensors and all that palaver linked to armed response, I think this would a great way for me to store my jewellery. I don't really have anything that valuable (yet :naughty: ) but hopefully soon! ;-)

Thanks for the idea, Missy!

I love everyone else's jewellery boxes and am wildly envious of your ability to store things out in the (semi?) open and not worry about theft or robbery. But hey, we have zebras in South Africa, so I guess it's a fair trade. :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good eye, Matata, good eye!
love the fresh look of the bedroom.....and you certainly nailed it even if it took 30 years to convert that dresser into a jewelry box!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me too, me too!!!! Love this Matata.... It's awesome!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trekkie|1411713509|3757210 said:
missy|1404476996|3706668 said:

Oooooooh! I love this! We live in a country with very high crime and although we have an alarm with motion sensors and all that palaver linked to armed response, I think this would a great way for me to store my jewellery. I don't really have anything that valuable (yet :naughty: ) but hopefully soon! ;-)

Thanks for the idea, Missy!

I love everyone else's jewellery boxes and am wildly envious of your ability to store things out in the (semi?) open and not worry about theft or robbery. But hey, we have zebras in South Africa, so I guess it's a fair trade. :)

You're very welcome. I use the jewelry safe every day and really appreciate the ease with which I can get my jewelry whenever I want it. And it is also helpful for keeping my pieces organized but most importantly I don't have to worry when I have cleaning people or other people in my home. My jewelry is safe and secure and that piece of mind allows me to keep everything here. And that's the point for me. No keeping anything locked away in a vault. Jewelry is meant to be appreciated and enjoyed and for me that means being able to wear it whenever I want to.

I love zebras too so I would agree that's a fair trade. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to share my newest Mrs. Box in dark blue (I don't remember the technical color name for this one). It is my favorite color so far.

mrsboxblue.jpg

I do not use them for rings but for earrings.
earringsinbluebox.jpg.png

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I have several, and jewelry trays in a drawer, but my favorite is a newly acquired 1850ish inlaid box with original deep teal tufted silk. I keep only my antique/Victorian/Georgian jewelry and my stud earrings in it. Though you can’t see it in the pictures, the front folds down and reveals a drawer with velvet and silk compartments. It truly makes my day opening it.

Funny story, the week after I got it, I lost the antique key it came with. I keep it locked so I panicked...especially because I had put my engagement ring inside while doing some cleaning. I ended up trucking all over the city with my heavy box in tow, looking for an antique key to fit it and get the darn thing opened. It took all weekend, but I found one and crisis was averted! The next week, I found the missing key on my closet floor. :lol: 338AB038-3A36-4814-9291-C5E7DD3E8FFE.jpeg E849A9B6-91E7-4FAA-B07A-B2113CD0AED7.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results