shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie also suggest you get a sense of your preference for the bangle cut/style before plunging into more expensive ones. Like for me personally I find rounds much more comfortable to wear 24/7. Others are ok with the D shape.

Definitely. I strongly suspect I'll share your preferences.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie check out this lady

She's got smaller sizes and if you like regular uniform colors she's got a lot of nice pieces!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie check out this lady

She's got smaller sizes and if you like regular uniform colors she's got a lot of nice pieces!!!

Thank you!! I have so much to learn!

I love the colour! But I’m not sure I love the texture?

More even texture but a bit more colour variance?

I seem to be gravitating toward “light” and “mostly single colour”. But I wonder if that’ll shift - maybe next week I’ll have totally different preferences lol!!

Yours is so pretty. It looks like a forest on the wrist :love:
That “black”/dark streak thumb-side in your last pic - funny story, I’ve got a nephrite cuff in the works with Leon Mege (really long story there, the jade part just sort of happened) and I really wanted one white streak basically just like that! Unfortunately the material didn’t cooperate so we settled for a few white twigs instead of one thick branch :lol:

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think @icy_jade is going to be your Jade soulmate @yssie

She would be my go to girl for even texture and even colours!!!!

I'm the queen of irregularities in terms of Jade!!!!!

To quote my husband about the spring bangle: Why on earth would anyone want a green that switches to purple midway? It looks like you can't afford a bangle that's one colour!

So exciting though! This is the part I love where others post pics of what they like/find interesting!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think @icy_jade is going to be your Jade soulmate @yssie

She would be my go to girl for even texture and even colours!!!!

I'm the queen of irregularities in terms of Jade!!!!!

To quote my husband about the spring bangle: Why on earth would anyone want a green that switches to purple midway? It looks like you can't afford a bangle that's one colour!

So exciting though! This is the part I love where others post pics of what they like/find interesting!

I’m pretty happy following @icy_jade around - goodness knows I covet her pearl collection too :lol:

A big yes to everyone’s varying preferences!! My clothes are all solid-colour, my bags and shoes are all solid-colour, my furniture is almost all solid-colour - I’m so consistent :bigsmile: There have been a ton of cabs and bangles I “want” in this thread though, all sorts. Jade pricing is still a bit (lot) of a mystery to me - having a few recommended sites to check is super helpful.

Thanks for the warm welcome here ❤️

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I’m pretty happy following @icy_jade around - goodness knows I covet her pearl collection too :lol:

A big yes to everyone’s varying preferences!! My clothes are all solid-colour, my bags and shoes are all solid-colour, my furniture is almost all solid-colour - I’m so consistent :bigsmile:

I’m a solid color gal too! So yes maybe we will like the same stuff jade wise but no fight for bangles since I’m (unfortunately) so much bigger. Even color, good water, no flowers/splotches/etc.

I utterly covet your earrings collection too, as you already know.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just going to be annoying and flood this thread with my jade bangle pics

My sister just sent these through. Wow I'm proud of myself for scoring this!!!! I'm the woman!!! The Jade woman!!!

IMG-20210912-WA0011.jpg IMG-20210912-WA0013.jpg

And mine under crappy lighting! So green!!!!

PXL_20210912_080521064.jpg

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm watching bangle Livestream and everything is the size of my head!!!

What happened to small sizes being cheaper. There are so small sizes!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I'm watching bangle Livestream and everything is the size of my head!!!

What happened to small sizes being cheaper. There are so small sizes!!!

Gosh, sounds like the kind of livestream that I’ll be happy with. What sizes are they?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, sounds like the kind of livestream that I’ll be happy with. What sizes are they?

Huge!!! 59, 58, 60, 60.5

But I genuinely feel like I'm seeing more 57-60 these days even in the listed goods!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Huge!!! 59, 58, 60, 60.5

But I genuinely feel like I'm seeing more 57-60 these days even in the listed goods!

Ohhh my kinda size. Any watery types that I would like? Share the link?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh my kinda size. Any watery types that I would like? Share the link?

I've never bought from them but they have shows on ALL day so whenever you have a free moment you can watch! I know zero chinese so am pretty useless but it's interesting sometimes!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I've never bought from them but they have shows on ALL day so whenever you have a free moment you can watch! I know zero chinese so am pretty useless but it's interesting sometimes!

Oh gosh I don’t have the patience to watch… :p

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh I don’t have the patience to watch… :p

There's a lot of uglies!!!! A LOT!!!! You could be sitting for years to find a nice one. And there seems to be a lot of banter?

Anyways, need the patience of a saint!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
There's a lot of uglies!!!! A LOT!!!! You could be sitting for years to find a nice one. And there seems to be a lot of banter?

Anyways, need the patience of a saint!

Ok nevermind. Technically I shouldn’t be buying anyway. So best not to look.

My new earrings have spoilt me. I dunno how to buy green bangles any more.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok nevermind. Technically I shouldn’t be buying anyway. So best not to look.

My new earrings have spoilt me. I dunno how to buy green bangles any more.

I don't think you can unless you want to drop serious money. Like five or six figures! And then at that point you probably shouldn't be wearing it lest you bump into something or slap a mozzie violently!!!

I remember sitting there and staring at my green cab. Then I gave it a 50% discount and multiplied it up to get a full bangle...... Haha that made my rethink things fast!

Just curious would you be ok with something like this or does it need to be more green and more water.

I think this is so pretty but I wouldn't want to wear it at this price.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you can unless you want to drop serious money. Like five or six figures! And then at that point you probably shouldn't be wearing it lest you bump into something or slap a mozzie violently!!!

I remember sitting there and staring at my green cab. Then I gave it a 50% discount and multiplied it up to get a full bangle...... Haha that made my rethink things fast!

Just curious would you be ok with something like this or does it need to be more green and more water.

I think this is so pretty but I wouldn't want to wear it at this price.

Ya cannot wear bangles that are too pricey… my heart cannot take the stress.

Re: the bangle, I would prefer something more evenly colored. And yes, watery better. The price is still on the edge of ok for me but honestly for that price I expect to LOVE it but I don’t/won’t so maybe just cannot buy green. So maybe limited those watery and with a streak of bright green or something.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade does Wriston stock bangles or he doesn't do bangles?

You can go to Li Hong or the other shops to try stuff though!!!!! I'm jelly!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade does Wriston stock bangles or he doesn't do bangles?

You can go to Li Hong or the other shops to try stuff though!!!!! I'm jelly!!!

He has a few bangles. Nothing that caught my eye.

Haha if you compare that way, then HK is so much better than SG…

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has a few bangles. Nothing that caught my eye.

Haha if you compare that way, then HK is so much better than SG…

Psst!!! Take some pics for us if you're allowed to next time!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very hard cos he has crap lighting in his store. You rem the yellow lights?
haha oh yes! The pink sapphire I bought still looked great though!

My husband has a penchant for unflattering yellow bulbs at home too! Says white is too "cold" looking for him.

*sigh*

I miss wearing jewelry out!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
haha oh yes! The pink sapphire I bought still looked great though!

My husband has a penchant for unflattering yellow bulbs at home too! Says white is too "cold" looking for him.

*sigh*

I miss wearing jewelry out!

I agree with him, especially for the bedroom. But the yellow has different shades too and also I think there must be a variety of lights at home - white and warm depending on the occasion. Like I find it awful to work under yellow light.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with him, especially for the bedroom. But the yellow has different shades too and also I think there must be a variety of lights at home - white and warm depending on the occasion. Like I find it awful to work under yellow light.

That’s why I insisted on getting 3-tone lights for my entire home. Costs a bit extra but it’s good to be able to switch between white and warm light. I agree warm light gives the best ambiance… but white is best for doing work and cleaning.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Today is jade bangle day so here is my new blue. It was described as 明亮。No idea what that means but it is pretty and a good budget piece.

I really should not be buying. I am setting so many things. I think blue needs lots of diamonds to go with it:bigsmile:. It has this beautiful glow in the sun.

Blue bangle 3.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results