shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl I just watch it for fun and you do need to sit through looking at a lot of boring pieces. A couple of sessions they did show a lot of pretty high end stuff, it was more for educational purposes as the prices weren't within my budget. I don't trust the livestream lighting too hard to tell if it'll look the same in real life.

I thought this might interest you!!!

What I wanted:

mmexport1630767482984.jpg

What it really looked like:

mmexport1630767393093.jpg

Fortunately they were very honest with the pictures.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
If you add this lady, the other shops on WeChat will add you too.

Please note they don't do exchanges, refunds, insurance etc

If your stuff gets lost in the mail, it's gone and uninsured.

That's just the business model!

You scroll the "moments" in Wechat to look at goods. I look at other shops and then buy from this saleslady. She provides me with pictures and checks availability etc. I really like her but again this is a completely personal experience. I have bought many bangles from her.

Haha have I scared you off yet? I just want to be transparent so that no one gets a rude shock!

ETA: They will send the goods to a Hong Kong lab for a certificate at your own cost, after you've paid. They also have a great mailing system. But just be warned it's not insured and you will wear the loss if it's lost or damaged.

mmexport1621324783941.jpg

Aww thanks so much for this info.

I'm from Australia so not at all afraid of final sales, no returns etc as that's the default I have to accept living here! I'm more concerned about the fact that I don't speak either Mandarin or Cantonese.

I'm guessing that is a must?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks so much for this info.

I'm from Australia so not at all afraid of final sales, no returns etc as that's the default I have to accept living here! I'm more concerned about the fact that I don't speak either Mandarin or Cantonese.

I'm guessing that is a must?

Nono! Use WeChat and type away in English!!! They can use the translation feature. Then you use the translation feature to see what they say!

I have bought a bunch of bangles who zero Chinese!!!

Occasionally we go around in circles but then I Google translate and it's fine.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I thought this might interest you!!!

What I wanted:

mmexport1630767482984.jpg

What it really looked like:

mmexport1630767393093.jpg

Fortunately they were very honest with the pictures.

Omg the difference, did you have to ask for the second more realistic photo? How much was this one?

Green flower to blue flower, less translucent and the first pic hid the cotton pretty well. Oh also the paper on the bottom is pinkish in the first photo so they have done some adjustments when taking the first photo.

This is a very useful post thanks @mellowyellowgirl

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg the difference, did you have to ask for the second more realistic photo? How much was this one?

Green flower to blue flower, less translucent and the first pic hid the cotton pretty well. Oh also the paper on the bottom is pinkish in the first photo so they have done some adjustments when taking the first photo.

This is a very useful post thanks @mellowyellowgirl
The one above is $33,000 rmb.

Haha I ALWAYS ask for a real photo. Even the sales lady that I deal with assumes the colours are totally different!!!

She's like "We need to see the real colours."

Here's another one:

Factory picture

mmexport1631147756433.jpg

Real picture

mmexport1631147685869.jpg

Part of the reason why I'm buying more than I should is because I've found someone who is pretty upfront about colours.

I laughed at your pink comment. When I was looking for a spring bangle, so many of the bangles looked like they had pink or lavender yet my saleslady would confirm there was no pink/lavender whatsoever!!!!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

Haha I ALWAYS ask for a real photo. Even the sales lady that I deal with assumes the colours are totally different!!!

Here's another one:

Factory picture

Real picture

Part of the reason why I'm buying more than I should is because I've found someone who is pretty upfront about colours.

I laughed at your pink comment. When I was looking for a spring bangle, so many of the bangles looked like they had pink or lavender yet my saleslady would confirm there was no pink/lavender whatsoever!!!!

OMG....these are the same????? I would be so pissed if I was expecting the first and got the second bangle. I am not going to buy on line ever. Yikes

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Here's another one:

Factory picture

Real picture

Another good tip, I need to be wary if I see pink or lavender tinges when it should not be there.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems

My final purchase!!!!! I wanted a full green but I couldn't afford a full green so this is it!!!!

Just arrived today! It is a 56 (factory said 55.6, see the theme here) and I agonized over it again and again but I don't know if I can find another one at a smaller size that doesn't have problematic lines. So I went for it!!!!

Plus now if I gain weight I don't need to worry!!!!

PXL_20210909_021102860.jpg PXL_20210909_021113758.jpg PXL_20210909_021101504.jpg PXL_20210909_021040891.jpg

The lightest part of the bangle

PXL_20210909_021017450.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210909_021029804.jpg
    PXL_20210909_021029804.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210909_021011981.jpg
    PXL_20210909_021011981.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 5

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I think I like this one the best out of your current collection, plus your sister's blue bangle.

@Pinkmartini87 congratulations on buying your first one, I think we'll see more bangle pics from you in the future.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lovinggems it is so so so green!!!!!

And for reference here are the photos from my saleslady (she sent the bangle to Shenzhen to be checked after I paid) and the factory photo.

Shenzhen pic mmexport1631158321698.jpg

Factory pic

mmexport1631158388792.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@Lovinggems it is so so so green!!!!!

And for reference here are the photos from my saleslady (she sent the bangle to Shenzhen to be checked after I paid) and the factory photo.

Shenzhen pic mmexport1631158321698.jpg

Factory pic

mmexport1631158388792.jpg

Thank you for the photos! It's already really pretty, not sure why they take unrealistic photos and give people false impressions. I really love your new one, love that shade of green!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the photos! It's already really pretty, not sure why they take unrealistic photos and give people false impressions. I really love your new one, love that shade of green!

I'm starting to think they have a universal filter that they are applying to everything. It doesn't feel like each bangle is tweaked individually. All the green bangles look virtually the same with these fake colours.

Yet when you ask for real photos, they do provide them. Why not just shoot normal ones in the first place???

Funny story, I asked for an "ugly" photo when I was buying my spring bangle. So they shone an artificial yellow light on it to make it as ugly as possible. I then had to go back and clarify "real" photo not "ugly" photo :lol:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister did this as a joke

IMG-20210905-WA0003.jpg

She also doesn't care for floating flowers

IMG-20210905-WA0004.jpg

I've given up on floating flowers. Too expensive and my entire family is going to mock me.

I actually have no idea how I managed to score my sister's bangle. It is so watery!!! Plus you guys and her loving it makes me feel better about the colour. Mad texture though and I'm not going to be able to afford that in green in this lifetime.

IMG-20210904-WA0006.jpg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
My sister did this as a joke

IMG-20210905-WA0003.jpg

She also doesn't care for floating flowers

IMG-20210905-WA0004.jpg

I've given up on floating flowers. Too expensive and my entire family is going to mock me.

I actually have no idea how I managed to score my sister's bangle. It is so watery!!! Plus you guys and her loving it makes me feel better about the colour. Mad texture though and I'm not going to be able to afford that in green in this lifetime.

IMG-20210904-WA0006.jpg
I really love your sis's blue bangle. Reminds me of the one I have. F11B4CF4-86C4-4C63-9C61-5DC5C165FFA6_1_201_a.jpeg

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Just bought my first bangle!

Pros: the vendor (Ultimate Jadeite) was very nice and responsive to extra photos and shipping was fast and free (she offered express DHL, took only a few days to arrive here in US from Singapore). Very nicely packaged, very nice thank-you note, and she included a small free gift. Colors (which I love! Colors are so personal aren’t they? I prefer spots of color against a light green background for jade—def non trade ideal but hey, good for my wallet!) true to photo and stone lines honestly disclosed.

Cons: My fault alone in that I bought in a size too big for me—this one measured 54.89. I measured according to instructions on website but I think my freakishly disproportionate small wrist is the problem here, so the bangle slides up to nearly mid-arm level and down over wrist often. Although I’m a wimp and not too keen on bruising my hand or using plastic bags to get bangles over my hand so maybe I’m stuck wearing larger bangles then lol. Also didn’t realize it would be so heavy! Weighs 1.75 ounces on my pasta scale.

Overall verdict: I liked working this this vendor. I only paid a few hundred USD so happy to just keep and IMHO not worth the hassle to return. But will prob buy a smaller one next time!

Vendor photos:
6BFA6CA7-5A42-40D9-9FF3-F53E8EE6462F.jpeg
2791E259-DCFF-4211-8F3D-B9468054CE35.jpeg E430A9AD-17C1-4E77-AE2D-39F4F3502492.jpeg F4E96260-5474-47B0-BBAA-8CEC521EE06E.jpeg

My photos:
D25607F3-AA8F-45F6-B18F-E0CEAEC9DC8B.jpeg 53636051-64D3-4163-BCE0-D40F16DD5837.jpeg 1C82F834-E797-4A00-9CA5-A0DAE822CE5C.jpeg
569E7545-18A0-4B53-A434-B6FC4928C192.jpeg 5C1EA6AD-33B0-4D8A-B5CC-F7E1C55808D8.jpeg

Congrats on your lovely new bangle! Nandar lives very near me so I’ve bought a handful of times (both bangles and beads) because I can literally just walk over to her place. Some do say her prices are on the high side but I believe she does give a regular’s discount after a while, at least she does for me, unprompted.

Also, I find that it takes a few bangles before you know your true size. My first bangle was a 60 (because I just measured a silver bangle I had and went with that). Then I did 57, 56, and now 54, and I can probably do 53.

Having a large bangle isn’t too bad, there’s actually a few advantage:
1) You can ”park” your bangle halfway up your arm. Although you may wonder why you would ever want to do that, there are times when erm, you have to stick your arm into some eww plumbing, and oh it was useful the time I had a swollen wrist and had to get an x-ray. There was no way I could remove the bangle in that condition.

2) You can wear with ease on both wrists. My right wrist is not as flexible as my right. I only wear my bigger bangles there and it feels better too.

2) You can stack your bangles. If you stack close fitting bangles, I don’t really like the constricting feeling and they clink a lot. I prefer to have a bigger one up the arm, and a smaller one, and then it feels more spacious for me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Here's another one:

Factory picture

Real picture

that lady is a keeper !
i hope she is on commission or some sort of insentive because honest salespeople deserve credit

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've read through this entire thread over the last two days :cool2:

First comment: Thank all y'all's for the eyecandy and discussion!! I feel like I've learnt so much about jadeite just from reading through this thread!

Second comment: My husband now wants to buy me a jadeite bangle. On the presumption that if I get the right size I'll be so leery of taking it off that I'll forgo buying any other bangles and bracelets :lol: From the descriptions it doesn't seem like that's entirely wrong!! o_O

I normally love green so I'm a bit puzzled that it's the whites that my eyes seem to go to. But they're consistent!

I'm nowhere near buying anything. Full disclosure!! But... I don't suppose anyone's got an easier/cheaper way to figure out the right size than buying bangles and trying? Any decent bangle sizers for sale somewhere?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this bangle is round, 2mm wide, and it's gold so it's got a touch of give. It's a tight fit. I get get it on and off without lotion or other prep (the plastic bag thing is brilliant - would never have thought of that!) but... It's "scrunch up and prepare for an uncomfortable minute" sort of tight. So I'm assuming 53.5 is really too small for a bangle that's wider and made of stone?

1A0B976A-2F12-42DA-819C-01B56E205D84.jpeg

I like how it fits on the wrist in summer, but I sometimes wish it was just a tad tighter in winter...

D177CAA0-E52B-461C-91E2-20EBEC7F48E8.jpeg

EDB79F05-21A5-4A4F-801D-58E234AFAE96.jpeg

This bangle is round and 3mm wide, and also gold (so it's got a wee bit of give as well). It slides on and off with pretty minimal effort. No tugging or extra scrunching needed. I'm totally AMAZED by what a difference not-even-TWO extra mm makes to fit. How is that possible!?? :eek-2:

5DE1E026-1AC4-441E-A820-4FB0B6689656.jpeg

So I'm guessing... Maybe... 54? Ish? How do folks size for summer/winter?

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Omg @yssie I'm excited for you! There's quite a range of possibilities!

I think if you're not going to take it off often, you may as well go for 53.5 with soap/lotion, maybe down to 53. So you or DH can shop safely in the range 53-55.

Looking forward to what you guys find!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @voce! That's really helpful!! 53-55. I tried the 53.5mm bangle with a plastic bag and it goes on without too much drama that way. And I added the seller account from Page 13 just now! :bigsmile:

Google translate is MUCH better than IG translate. Gotta say.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @yssie how exciting!!!!!!!

Squeeeeeeeeee

Agree that 53-55 sounds like the perfect size for you.

Super excited to see what you get or even what you like/bangles that appeal to you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I bought one from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/918458344/random-pick-round-real-jadeite-jade?ref=yr_purchases
I'm not expecting it to be jade of any sort - just wanted to try size! I got a 52. Everything seems to say they should fit as tightly as possible, and I really would prefer as little space between wrist and bangle as my hand will let me get away with. I know there's some non-zero chance I won't be able to even get it on, whatever width they send :twisted2: If not... Well it's very inexpensive, it'll make a lovely scarf clip or something right :lol:

Jade is something I really don't know much of anything about. I've run myself out on opals and pearls - strangely excited to have a new stone to maybe start to obsess over :lol:

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Jade is something I really don't know much of anything about. I've run myself out on opals and pearls - strangely excited to have a new stone to maybe start to obsess over :lol:

Oh welcome to the jadeite lovers club! Excited to have you over and to see what beauties you will get!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @yssie you're into the right stuff if you need a new thing to obsess over!!!!

Look at

Kathy Jade

YokdeeJadeite

Ultimate Jadeite

All About Jade

Li Hong

as well!!!! I like to do price checks and generally see what's on offer!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1631236592587.png

Now there's a gorgeous combo :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@yssie also suggest you get a sense of your preference for the bangle cut/style before plunging into more expensive ones. Like for me personally I find rounds much more comfortable to wear 24/7. Others are ok with the D shape.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results