shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Jade bangles!!!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade can a bangle crack if you try to push it on and it contains a lot of stone lines?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Healed stone lines right? Cannot feel with fingernail type?

In theory I think no? Did something happen to your bangle?

Yes can't feel with finger nails!

No!!!! Noooo thank goodness!!!!

I'm wondering if I should use soap when I take it on and off. I can do it without soap but there is more force!!!! Feeling paranoid! Wondering if it could in theory "snap" where the stone lines are.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

I'm wondering if I should use soap when I take it on and off. I can do it without soap but there is more force!!!! Feeling paranoid! Wondering if it could in theory "snap" where the stone lines are.

Hahah is normal! I wondered before too and went to read some Chinese articles. Supposedly no as they are healed lines.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Healed stone lines right? Cannot feel with fingernail type?

In theory I think no? Did something happen to your bangle?

I agree with icy. A friend of mine who is super knowledgeable about jade told me that healed stone lines are strong and not to worry about them. As long as it is not a crack. If you can feel it with fingernail, it might be a crack.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Yes, stone can crack under stress. I have broken many bangles. Do use soap.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Helped Lil Sis buy this bangle.

This is not my jam at all but it's not a bad purchase. Just something I would never wear as it's too blueish and leans grey at times.

She wanted the water though! It's got excellent water.

So weird helping people buy things you don't like yourself!!!

PXL_20210831_032046227.jpg

PXL_20210831_032017492.jpg

PXL_20210831_031907280.jpg

PXL_20210831_031932406.jpg

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is not my jam at all but it's not a bad purchase. Just something I would never wear as it's too blueish and leans grey at times.

You’re such a lovely big sister, the bangle is beautiful!
I hope little sis loves it too!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOW ! :kiss2:
intake of breath !
i love that
what does 'water' mean

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl really nice bangle, tight texture. I have a thing for blue and looking at a bluish bangle again.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl really nice bangle, tight texture. I have a thing for blue and looking at a bluish bangle again.

I really had to bite my tongue on this one because it really isn't the kind of colour I like but yes the texture is incredibly tight which is what she wants. There is also minimal cotton or dirt. She plans to pair it with some blue toned opals. I'll get her to send pics for me to post!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

I like it!

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock

I really love this. What does tight texture mean?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really had to bite my tongue on this one because it really isn't the kind of colour I like but yes the texture is incredibly tight which is what she wants. There is also minimal cotton or dirt. She plans to pair it with some blue toned opals. I'll get her to send pics for me to post!

we need a glossary
water ?
cotton ?
dirt ?
tight texture ?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl, various sizes from 52 princess to 54 d round. I like green too but that's at least double, at least! So I'm look at blue and pale or colourless bangles. Next I'll look for white with a flash of green.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl, various sizes from 52 princess to 54 d round. I like green too but that's at least double, at least! So I'm look at blue and pale or colourless bangles. Next I'll look for white with a flash of green.

Oh sizing is such a huge issue with me. It's so hard to find colour, price, no cracks, no nasty dirt and then it has to be the right size as well.

Bangles are hard!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Oh sizing is such a huge issue with me. It's so hard to find colour, price, no cracks, no nasty dirt and then it has to be the right size as well.

Bangles are hard!!!

Difficult has its advantages, at least this way we are not tempted to buy frequently.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Difficult has its advantages, at least this way we are not tempted to buy frequently.

Very true!!!

Hey have you noticed any trend in prices? They seem a little high to me. Feels much higher than when I first started looking at bangles.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very true!!!

Hey have you noticed any trend in prices? They seem a little high to me. Feels much higher than when I first started looking at bangles.

I only started looking this year again but I can still see last year's prices while researching, yes going up. I've read jade prices were really high, can't remember exactly, maybe 10 to 15 years ago then it was trending down for quite a while, and then trending upwards these last few years. I wish I started looking again last year.
More younger women are looking at jade now so the adjusted 'golden size' is now 53mm to 55mm.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Not just jade, houses, food, luxury items etc all going up. You know Covid and all...

@mellowyellowgirl, it might be better if I ask you back about price rises, since you'll be looking and buying the past few years. How much has it gone up by?

Last edited:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not just jade, houses, food, luxury items etc all going up. You know Covid and all...

@mellowyellowgirl, it might be better if I ask you back about price rises, since you'll be looking and buying the past few years. How much has it gone up by?

I'm useless as I stopped for about two years and only resumed this year!!!

Let me look up a few of my favorite pieces and post prices for you.

I feel like the cabs are still well priced. Bangles seem to have risen though! By HEAPS

When I started you could get nice ones for $12000 rmb. Not the crazy water you guys like but decent colour and no lines.

Now there are things with obvious cracks going for $30000 rmb. It's absolute madness.

But there a nuances in bangles so I wonder if I've missed anything.......

It feels like they just stick their finger in the wind when they price things sometimes.

One of the factories that I bought 4 bangles from is now virtually "unbuyable". Anything that is affordable has massive flaws and the expensive stuff...... Well you kinda wonder why it's even expensive since it's not particularly colourful and sometimes will have grit in it.

This was over the course of a few months.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl , nice set, goes together well. I really like the colour, it's not pale like a lot of bangles out there.

Yeap I think for those that has been watching jade prices continously for a few years probably thinks lots of pieces are overpriced now.
Have you look at other sellers' jade and see the same trend?

voce

Ideal_Rock

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone sitting though the bangle Livestreams?

How are the prices? Everytime I'm on I see the cheap and ugly stuff and I don't have the patience to sit for hours especially since I don't know the language.

Anyone care to share what the nice pieces are going for?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I just watch it for fun and you do need to sit through looking at a lot of boring pieces. A couple of sessions they did show a lot of pretty high end stuff, it was more for educational purposes as the prices weren't within my budget. I don't trust the livestream lighting too hard to tell if it'll look the same in real life.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
For those of you who like luscious blues

I don't! Pretty proud of myself for being able to buy something I don't really like!

IMG-20210904-WA0010.jpg IMG-20210904-WA0013.jpg

Every time I see this bangle it just makes me want it more. Can you help point me to where to find one too? It's *totally * my jam! :D

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I see this bangle it just makes me want it more. Can you help point me to where to find one too? It's *totally * my jam! :D

If you add this lady, the other shops on WeChat will add you too.

Please note they don't do exchanges, refunds, insurance etc

If your stuff gets lost in the mail, it's gone and uninsured.

That's just the business model!

You scroll the "moments" in Wechat to look at goods. I look at other shops and then buy from this saleslady. She provides me with pictures and checks availability etc. I really like her but again this is a completely personal experience. I have bought many bangles from her.

Haha have I scared you off yet? I just want to be transparent so that no one gets a rude shock!

ETA: They will send the goods to a Hong Kong lab for a certificate at your own cost, after you've paid. They also have a great mailing system. But just be warned it's not insured and you will wear the loss if it's lost or damaged.

mmexport1621324783941.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results