shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your I, J, K, L, etc. color emerald cuts!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indoors, where the warmth is more conspicuous...

Sigh. :kiss2: OMG my dream ring!! It's just stunning. (I'm hoping my next acquisition in a few years will be an EC 3-stone similar to this, but with trapezoid sides) Do you have a thread on this beauty?? Also, what's your finger size?? The diamonds look absolutely massive on you! I'm in love!!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh. :kiss2: OMG my dream ring!! It's just stunning. (I'm hoping my next acquisition in a few years will be an EC 3-stone similar to this, but with trapezoid sides) Do you have a thread on this beauty?? Also, what's your finger size?? The diamonds look absolutely massive on you! I'm in love!!

My dream ring really is an antique cushion, with side stones like yours or french cut by Yoram (like Wintotty's old ring). The cushion is the only other cut I was considering. In fact, I owned one but swapped it with the emerald cut. I'm regretting it because I do miss the faceting and culet of an old antique cut..but I'll live live vicariously through you, KD. That's why I've been trolling you :lol:

My old setting was with traps but found that the proportions were not right for an ever expanding finger (size). Since my partner/SO was absolutely adamant about not changing the center for sentimental reasons (not so much the stone but the process holds so much symbolism). SO the next best thing was changing the sides to accommodate finger coverage goal. As for finger size, I'm now 6.25 but ring is sized 6.5.

As for thread, I'm waiting for someone to post theirs (hint, hint) because you know, beauty first before age:lol::lol::lol:

Edit to add: the ring, like the old one, was also made by the lovely Caysie.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream ring really is an antique cushion, with side stones like yours or french cut by Yoram (like Wintotty's old ring). The cushion is the only other cut I was considering. In fact, I owned one but swapped it with the emerald cut. I'm regretting it because I do miss the faceting and culet of an old antique cut..but I'll live live vicariously through you, KD. That's why I've been trolling you :lol:

My old setting was with traps but found that the proportions were not right for an ever expanding finger (size). Since my partner/SO was absolutely adamant about not changing the center for sentimental reasons (not so much the stone but the process holds so much symbolism). SO the next best thing was changing the sides to accommodate finger coverage goal. As for finger size, I'm now 6.25 but ring is sized 6.5.

As for thread, I'm waiting for someone to post theirs (hint, hint) because you know, beauty first before age:lol::lol::lol:

Edit to add: the ring, like the old one, was also made by the lovely Caysie.
How cool that we share such a similar aesthetic and preferences! An antique cushion with frenchie sides would be AH-MAZING. My future EC ring will be made with lab-growns because I can't afford earth-mined in the size that I want (4+ carats). I'm hoping the lab-grown industry will be able to produce high-quality larger stones by the time I'm ready to buy! Until then, we should do a ring-share so we can scratch our itch to have both an antique cushion and an EC! :bigsmile::twisted:

Thanks for the FYI on your finger size! And I hear you on ever expanding fingers, sigh. I can still wear my size 3.75 rings but ONLY on days that are cooler than 70 degrees F. If it's any warmer than that, I swell to a 4.75. This never happened prior to my mid-40s. So annoying!!

ofraredevice

Rough_Rock
0F42F834-CFD4-4313-A9CB-899045B1FEC6.png DA2B4037-62C0-4933-83AC-16679C5D165B.jpeg 1EC8970D-6F80-48BB-BDF9-673FD8FCAC09.jpeg 25C3A130-CA2B-4FD7-98CE-BB7F380D3DD1.jpeg

Hi- here is my 4ct J (med Fl) w H color halo. It is very white looking and you cannot see a diff in color w the pave versus my stone. I saw K colors w Med Fl that were white looking and one L w Strong Fl that blew away the higher I’s I saw. So it really depends. I had two F colored EC’s before this and while this may not be as “white” it looks it and the cut is the best I could find which I think helps. After seeing the lower colors, I would never hesitate looking at them - w the med/strong Fl (as long as the cut is great). Good Luck. Can’t wait to see what you pick. Ps. I can’t remember a PS’r tag name but she has an L that is to die for. I’ll look to see if I can find it for you.

@Emeraldcutlover - I LOVE your ring and am looking for that exact style ring (not in 4 carats though!). May I ask who made the setting?

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
@VoldeNuit, your ring is absolutely STUNNING!! This is another iconic piece here on PS:clap::clap:

LOVE, LOVE this :kiss2: :kiss2:!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@VoldeNuit, you cannot just posted that yummy EC and not telling us more about it!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks! Small potatoes compared to all you PSers, but I’ve loved it these past 10 years. I shipped it off Tuesday for my upgrade

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere but what is your upgrade going to be? If it's anything like your previous EC ring, I know it's going to be super elegant!!!

Emrldlvr

Rough_Rock
Sorry if I missed it elsewhere but what is your upgrade going to be? If it's anything like your previous EC ring, I know it's going to be super elegant!!!

Thank you! It’s just a slightly larger stone, 1.7 J VVS2. I’m keeping the same setting for now. My dream ring would be like a 4-5 carat emerald cut solitaire or possibly a 3 stone which I love also. I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to attain that but this site inspires me to keep dreaming.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results