shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your fixed repairs

Sigh
But im guessing it is the most important piece of jewlery you own

I mean we have to fork out more for this for car repairs and home maintenance just as a given

Its a pain right now, but its going to be money well spent

Preach sista. And that's why after thinking about it some more, I finally dropped them off to be resized. :lol:

Good news is the jeweler thinks bc I'm only resizing them by a little, they may be able to just work in between the engraving and not have to completely remove it. Not sure if this would noticeably change the spacing between the words, but I'm just grateful there's a chance of keeping the original engraving.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Preach sista. And that's why after thinking about it some more, I finally dropped them off to be resized. :lol:

Good news is the jeweler thinks bc I'm only resizing them by a little, they may be able to just work in between the engraving and not have to completely remove it. Not sure if this would noticeably change the spacing between the words, but I'm just grateful there's a chance of keeping the original engraving.

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Now fingers crossed for the bill being less that estimated too

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So yes i flit back and forth between projects :lol-2:

@Autumn in New England sorry to bother you
Or anyone else who might on the off chance be looking and wants to chime in

So this necklace is also too tight :lol-2: and needs lengthening
Brought this one at a different mall :lol-2:
Took it home
put it in a drawer by my bed
Get it out like 10 years latter
yah ! Fat neck strikes again and its too tight
Im hoping to add 3 small beads to each of the 4 chains on each side and maybe a small simple extender with a couple of beads for good measure

Two questions
What size small bead ?
i think i just need tiny ones

I finger i cut the chain, use like a silver pin thingy, poke it through the bead and then attach it to the chain

And do you think these are real larimar ?
The price is so good, free shipping to NZ

Edit This photo sux :boohoo:
i just spent 20 minutes polishing the silver and you can't even tell :lol-2:

20220612_234118.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are everyone's repairs, resizing and alterations going ?
Isn't shipping painful slow :confused:

i havn't heard from the jewler about my last lot of repairs but ill leave it a week or two more as we have a tonn of bills and an over night in Porirua for Gary's eye opp coming up so im not pushing anything in a hurry

Everything hasn't quite ground to a halt bling spending wise - Bruce Springsteen's tour is at least a year away

On my seemingly never ending necklace renovations its now a race of who gets in first to be made wearable

Hopefully the right size citrene is on its way for the small extension of the yellow amber necklace - trouble is i've now fallen in love with the 12mm 'Papa Bear' citrene fasceted beads (that were too big) and i think i want to order more to make a long flapper length necklace :lol-2: :lol-2:

But i think the rather lovelly larmair beads to conplete one of the Whitby jet necklaces may arrive from France first
What also works in its favour is i want to use silver findings as the lady I'll send it to for stringing will be able to supply them herself so i won't need to tackle etsy for any more parts

Im hoping her knotting prices are a bit easier on the pocket than the jewler in town

Of course ive now fallen in love with the first lot of larmair beads too and want to make a necklace out of them
But like the citrene that's a project and a subsequent purchase for another day

The new necklace won't be a station necklace, it will alternation black and blue
There are enough nice lamair beads to only use the nicest ones
Borris is helping
20220529_220949.jpg
I'm bad, ive posted this lamair in 3 threads now
but i just love them

Update
'Fake larimar'
Probably dyed quartz
Its dyed something
Probably going to order rose quartz
Genuine larimar is just going to be too exspensive for the value of the jet
Still want to go with an opaque stone

@Daisys and Diamonds Yeah it's a jungle out there! So much of what they offer in beads with exotic names... "mountain jade," colorful "jaspers"... is dyed quartzite. Anyway, good luck with the rose quartz!! Hmm, it's difficult to tell how many and what size extender beads you'll need, because I don't know how long the necklace is currently or the circumference of your (perfectly lovely) neck. It might be a trial and error type thing where you add one or two and see how it fits. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Yeah it's a jungle out there! So much of what they offer in beads with exotic names... "mountain jade," colorful "jaspers"... is dyed quartzite. Anyway, good luck with the rose quartz!! Hmm, it's difficult to tell how many and what size extender beads you'll need, because I don't know how long the necklace is currently or the circumference of your (perfectly lovely) neck. It might be a trial and error type thing where you add one or two and see how it fits. :)
Thank you @Autumn in New England
i just brought these beads
(I'll get the rose quartz next week)
Anyway i was having a clean up
Honestly the space behind my chair was full of lolly, chip and chocolate wrappers (and some missing cutlery -it was almost a student flat back there)
If i can waste money on lollies i can risk $16 on some pretty beads
The shop has some mixed reviews but i know to expect long shipping times so fingers crossed
I brought the slightly bigger size through pay pal and my visa debit so hooefully some protection
I mean you just eat the lollies and chocolate and the money is gone anyway!

Screenshot_20220613-121325.png

Honestly the space behind my chair was full of lolly, chip and chocolate wrappers (and some missing cutlery -it was almost a student flat back there)

I can relate!
giggly.gif

I hope you love the beads... looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can relate!
giggly.gif

I hope you love the beads... looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

Oddly it's not uncomfortable (ive been too lazy to take it off yet) but when i looked the box chain i have on underneath it, is digging into fat neck:lol-2:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Now fingers crossed for the bill being less that estimated too

I got my wedding set back y'all! I'm so happy they were able to preserve the original engraving after all. And the slight gap they created between two of the words is practically unnoticeable unless you put it right up to your face. Hooray I can wear my rings again!

20220615_101655.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my wedding set back y'all! I'm so happy they were able to preserve the original engraving after all. And the slight gap they created between two of the words is practically unnoticeable unless you put it right up to your face. Hooray I can wear my rings again!

20220615_101655.jpg

That is
One . Really beautiful
And two. Really cool they would keep the original engraving

enjoy it back on your finger where it belongs :kiss2:

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade

20220615_101655.jpg

great movie! Glad they were able to preserve the engraving!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

20220615_101655.jpg

Greatest romantic quote of all time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks - the string of pearls consists of faux pearls. I think the larger one may be cultured, but don’t know.

well we will look the other way and focus on the large one (in the pearl threads)

i must say i love how you used your mum's braclete, i love how now you will wear it
some very famous people have worn faux pearls
Coco Chanel, Jackie Kennedy, Barbara Bush, Princess Diana and Queen Alexandra (DiL to Queen Victoria and daughter of King of Denmark) - those are some well to do ladies

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ive been so bad :lol-2:
i should be working on my findings order but its too hard :boohoo:
like im seriously finding it just too hard :(2

so ...ive desided to change track
i mean its not like i don't have any jewlery to wear
i have plenty of things that have never been worn except for hand shots for PS :lol-2:

so im going to focus on getting the pretty elements for all the necklaces that need lengthening (due to fat neck)

then ill do one monster finding order for everything - i mean shipping prices are really bad right now especially from the US so it makes no sence to do it in dribs and drabs

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
well we will look the other way and focus on the large one (in the pearl threads)

i must say i love how you used your mum's braclete, i love how now you will wear it
some very famous people have worn faux pearls
Coco Chanel, Jackie Kennedy, Barbara Bush, Princess Diana and Queen Alexandra (DiL to Queen Victoria and daughter of King of Denmark) - those are some well to do ladies

Thanks, I will proudly rock mom’s faux pearls. I don’t usually wear pearls so all the ones I own are from mom and grandma.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
with the ongoing worries of the global pandemic and now the economy i kind of forgot about my last lot of repairs
the bill is only $35 owing so it cant have been much
will go in next week and will take my 4 mottly old loose tiny diamonds in for repurposing onto new silver bar pendant
im not going to look at them under the loup as they came back from the gold merchant i sent my scrap to two years ago
they are not in any way senimental diamonds to me in anyway but the new project will be
(saddly not my collar bone :lol-2: ]

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
with the ongoing worries of the global pandemic and now the economy i kind of forgot about my last lot of repairs
the bill is only $35 owing so it cant have been much
will go in next week and will take my 4 mottly old loose tiny diamonds in for repurposing onto new silver bar pendant
im not going to look at them under the loup as they came back from the gold merchant i sent my scrap to two years ago
they are not in any way senimental diamonds to me in anyway but the new project will be
(saddly not my collar bone :lol-2: ]
1662618897106.png

Screenshot_20220508-124458.png

I'm starting to think about a memorial pendant for my sweet Stanley. I've been thinking about a locket, as I kept some of his whiskers. My own bit of mourning jewelry. :cry2:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for your loss. Memorial jewellery is wonderful. I wear a locket in memory of my lost beloved and it soothes me. Highly recommended.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
picked up some pearl earrings today i had the jewler make into convertable dangles/ studs
and i got grandmas's brooch back with a bale attached and the brooch pin fixed

dropped off my silver bar pendent and my 4 motly loose diamonds, the lady thought the biggest diamond might be too big - she's sending me a quote by email
also having the pink glass taken out of that rose gold ring i want to reuse
getting a quote for a cheap silver pendent for it and a quote to fix the prongs on the ring - one side is very worn down

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm starting to think about a memorial pendant for my sweet Stanley. I've been thinking about a locket, as I kept some of his whiskers. My own bit of mourning jewelry. :cry2:

im so sorry about Stanley
this does sound a lovelly idea to memorialize him
my apologies to you for not seeing your post earlier

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
picked up some pearl earrings today i had the jewler make into convertable dangles/ studs
and i got grandmas's brooch back with a bale attached and the brooch pin fixed

dropped off my silver bar pendent and my 4 motly loose diamonds, the lady thought the biggest diamond might be too big - she's sending me a quote by email
also having the pink glass taken out of that rose gold ring i want to reuse
getting a quote for a cheap silver pendent for it and a quote to fix the prongs on the ring - one side is very worn down

We need pics of those resets!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results