shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your E-rings with 3 Sided Pave Band

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Hi -

Does any one have an e-ring with 3 rows of pave on the band, kind of like the one below? Would you mind posting?

What kind of wedding band would you match with this type of band? Would it be hard for an eternity band to sit flush against a 3 row pave band (if there was no donut)?

Thanks!

3 row pave 1.JPG

3 row pave 2.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Re: Show Me Your E-rings with 3 Row Pave Band

My three-stone ring has tiny bead set pave on all three sides of the band. I think this is what you are asking about. I actually don't wear a wedding band with it because I am concerned about covering up and/or damaging the diamonds on the sides. My jeweler told me that if I wanted to wear a matching pave wedding band with it, it would have to be specially made or the two rings would have to be welded together on the bottom so the sides wouldn't touch.

HOFside3.png

SC86

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the reply Sundial. Your ring is lovely! Yes, I was fishing for pictures of others with 3 sided pave bands. It seems that if a wedding band was worn against a band like this it would cause damage, correct? I love the Leon Mege 3 row pave bands above but it seems that I wouldn't be able to really wear a wedding band with it! Perhaps 1 row of pave might be the way to go.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Thank you SC. I do think you have to consider carefully before putting another band next to three-sided pave rings because of potential damage. I have heard of some sets from jewelry designers that are made to be worn together. A plain band with no stones might work, but one-sided pave would probably give you more options.

SC86

Shiny_Rock

*Bump* :naughty:

Seems like not many PSer have bands with multiple rows of pave!

J_Rock

Rough_Rock

3 Row pave is not popular here. I personally love it, but I wish more vendors would showcase their 3 row pave, besides LM and SK.

SC86

Shiny_Rock

Agreed. Seems like it is not very popular amongst the great tastes of the PSers! I love the look as it is a bit different from the single row of pave many have but still delicate. I am wondering if it's not more popular because people don't like it aesthetically or it poses a durability issue and "eats away" wedding bands.

J_Rock

Rough_Rock

I think one of the biggest reasons for not seeing much of it is because of cost. Diamond melee costs have skyrocketed...so reason stands that adding additional rows of diamonds will drive up the setting cost significantly. I've gotten some quotes in the area of $6k for 3 row pave. I don't even want to imagine what 5 row pave would cost!

I would say another reason is because of the desire to have the band as thin as possible is in square opposition to cramming diamonds on the shank. Lastly, a lot of people want to wear bands stacked, so that means that wear and tear on the pave is possible....However, with all that said, LM seems to have made a name for himself based on his pave alone, and one look on his site shows you that he does a LOT of 3 row pave...so why aren't more of those rings showing up here on PS, given that LM has such a large and loyal following?

SC86

Shiny_Rock

J_Rock|1313522241|2992034 said:
I think one of the biggest reasons for not seeing much of it is because of cost. Diamond melee costs have skyrocketed...so reason stands that adding additional rows of diamonds will drive up the setting cost significantly. I've gotten some quotes in the area of $6k for 3 row pave. I don't even want to imagine what 5 row pave would cost!

I would say another reason is because of the desire to have the band as thin as possible is in square opposition to cramming diamonds on the shank. Lastly, a lot of people want to wear bands stacked, so that means that wear and tear on the pave is possible....However, with all that said, LM seems to have made a name for himself based on his pave alone, and one look on his site shows you that he does a LOT of 3 row pave...so why aren't more of those rings showing up here on PS, given that LM has such a large and loyal following?

Very good points J_Rock. I recently was in SK's office and saw a 5 row pave ring be was working on. Hoping it belongs to a PSer who will post! :lol: Also in my conversation with SK, I was shocked how thin he could make a band with 3 row pave. And although I love the look, m real concern would be the wear and tear caused by stacking the wedding band. It seems 1 row of pave would eliminate that issue. Oh well! Perhaps I can dream of a 3 row pave RHR to create one day!

justme1

Shiny_Rock

Hi SC86,
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but here is my 3 row pave ...
IMG_0811%202.jpg

SC86

Shiny_Rock

justme1|1313548162|2992349 said:
Hi SC86,
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but here is my 3 row pave ...
IMG_0811%202.jpg

Wow justme1. Very blingy! If you don't mind me asking, do you know the thickness of the band?

justme1

Shiny_Rock

It's 4.25 mm

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

I think what you mean is 3-sided pavé, not 3 rows of pavé all next to each other on the top of the ring shank. Like these two:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/18k-White-Gold-Bar-Set-and-3-Sided-Ring.html
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/18k-White-Gold-0-66ct-Rounded-Engagement-Ring.html

But not like this:

http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno-collection-by-danhov/ring/item_294-1705.asp

You might want to use the 'Report concern' button to have the moderator change the title of your thread so more people with 3-sided pavé chime in.

SC86

Shiny_Rock

rubybeth|1313621303|2992909 said:
I think what you mean is 3-sided pavé, not 3 rows of pavé all next to each other on the top of the ring shank. Like these two:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/18k-White-Gold-Bar-Set-and-3-Sided-Ring.html
http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/18k-White-Gold-0-66ct-Rounded-Engagement-Ring.html

But not like this:

http://www.jamesallen.com/designer-jewelry/meno-collection-by-danhov/ring/item_294-1705.asp

You might want to use the 'Report concern' button to have the moderator change the title of your thread so more people with 3-sided pavé chime in.

You're right rubybeth. I was fishing for pictures of erings with rounded 3-sided pavé bands (as opposed to 3 straight rows of pavé). Admins please feel free to change the thread Title and possibly this belongs in the SMTB forum also? Newbie mistakes! :oops:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

You can click on "report concern" to page an admin to change the title. I did it once because I spelled something incorrectly and I didn't think it would ever come up properly on the search engine.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

pregcurious|1313631030|2993013 said:
You can click on "report concern" to page an admin to change the title. I did it once because I spelled something incorrectly and I didn't think it would ever come up properly on the search engine.

Yep hit report concern button and the admin can change the title and move it yo the SMTR section.

SC86

Shiny_Rock

pregcurious|1313631030|2993013 said:

Yup, I reported the concern to the moderators. So hopefully they'll update the title and move it to the right forum. Thanks everyone!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

I love the look!!! Here are my 3-sided pave rings by Mark Patterson. The e-ring has a cathedral head (I think that's what it is called) and I wear a matching 3-sided pave wedding band flush. There are more photos here. Anyway - forgive me for being a terrible photographer!

IMG_0101-2.jpg

IMG_0091-2.jpg

SC86

Shiny_Rock

sillyberry|1313683915|2993420 said:
I love the look!!! Here are my 3-sided pave rings by Mark Patterson. The e-ring has a cathedral head (I think that's what it is called) and I wear a matching 3-sided pave wedding band flush. There are more photos here. Anyway - forgive me for being a terrible photographer!

OMG...how did I miss your ring before?!?! It is spectacular! This is similar to what I have been yearning for except with curved struts for the head and a rounded band. Have you experienced any issues (ie. scratching, stones falling out) due to your 3-sided wedding band sitting flush? (Love you wb to by the way! So much sparkle!)

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

SC86|1313692212|2993547 said:
sillyberry|1313683915|2993420 said:

OMG...how did I miss your ring before?!?! It is spectacular! This is similar to what I have been yearning for except with curved struts for the head and a rounded band. Have you experienced any issues (ie. scratching, stones falling out) due to your 3-sided wedding band sitting flush? (Love you wb to by the way! So much sparkle!)
Thank you! I've only been wearing them together for going on 3 months, so I'm not a great example most likely, but no problems with stones falling out and I can't see any scratching. The stones on the side are teeny-tiny and encased in metal and very very flat. Here is a picture (umm...I'm kind of horrified by the knuckle-hair but I'm posting anyway because it is the most in-focus picture I can find showing what I mean).
I'm sure some wouldn't like the look, since minimizing any and all metal is so key to so many, but to my eye it looks beautiful and I get all sparkle without (I hope!) as much fear! :lol:

IMG_1627-2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results