shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your dogs and kitties!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missrocks: Miss Jewels looks like trouble with a capital "t"! I love her licking her chops!

EBree: I love pugs, they crack me up! I love her little shirt, very feminine and flattering on her figure!
2.gif

pjean: Three cats all together, how snuggly! Nice toy they have, sitting there they look like they are on display!

DD
35.gif

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 3:44:06 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 2/1/2008 3:39:05 PM
Author: mellyjm
Here is a picture of our mini dachshunds, Bosco and Bella. Bosco looks normal, but Bella looks scary because we took it right when she was yawning! I believe she just woke up.
Mellyjm, what cuties! I love two little doggies together like little buddies all the time. It makes me smile everytime I see them together! We don''t see many colored like yours around here, they look super cute!

I think more dachshunds = more fun! When I am older and all our kids (when we have them) are out of the house, I have already warned my hubby that we will be getting 4 mini dachshunds. How fun would that be?
Dreamer D, I hardly get to see long haired, and yours are just gorgeous! Are they dappled also?? Our dogs are piebalds, and your right, they are pretty rare also. They are like two peas in a pod and I can''t imagine having just one! My mom has three dachshunds: a black/tan, dapple, and one of our puppies. We don''t have kids yet, but these guys will always be my furbabies too. These two have such different personalities, and the weird thing is, they reflect my husbands and I personality! I will post a pic of one of the litters of puppies we had. We don''t "do" puppies anymore because it was way too much work.

bbpups.jpg

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
Bee--Red is definetly Amber''s color! It looks great against her light fur. I love when dogs wear accessories. My little girl doesn''t mind wearing a sweater here and there, but my boy hates it with a passion.

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 6:03:41 PM
Author: Gemini85
This is Yoshi. He is very photogenic. In person, he has a gazillion freckles on his whole face and body.
This little guy is too adorable!! And I love his name.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 5:44:22 PM
Author: bee*
Most of the regulars are probably sick of Amber pics (
3.gif
)but here are some of the ones posted in another thread
Never
9.gif
3.gif
She is a darling!!!! I grew up w/a lab and golden so I love them!!!

All these dogs and kitties are so adorable; I love their adorable sweet faces!
12.gif
I want one
39.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine tiger, older picture.
We thought he might be going over the rainbow this week but he bounced back.
Poor guy he is over 15 years old and deaf and has kidney issues and a blown knee.

minetiger2.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
newer picture

minetiger3.JPG

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What a dear old fellow he is!! If he''s not in too much pain, I hope he doesn''t go over the rainbow too soon.
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
awww...Tiger is DARLING - what a handsome guy
30.gif
I''m so glad to hear he pulled through this week and is still with you.

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock

I''ve got a dear old pet as well.

This is my geriatric german shepard. Her name is Stormy. She is 14, nearly blind, and has severe hip dyplasia. Despite all these problems, she is still one of the sweetest most loving dogs out there.

stormy1.JPG

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Storm & Susie I hope your pups feel better, they both look so loveable!

Here are a couple pics of my boxer Kingston when he was a puppy. He is now a year old and HUGE but these are some of my favorite photos!

What''s that expression they say... "A face only a mother can love!"

imthirsty01.JPG

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
He was only about 4 months old in these.

funnypup01.JPG

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Last one. I was trying to teach him not to chew...I don''t think he understood, lol! We no longer have that furniture!

sillypup01.JPG

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of my dog, Hunter. He''s a 6 year old black and tan coonhound mix that I rescued from the shelter when he was just a little puppy.

Hunter Small1.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 11:41:15 PM
Author: mellyjm
Bee--Red is definetly Amber''s color! It looks great against her light fur. I love when dogs wear accessories. My little girl doesn''t mind wearing a sweater here and there, but my boy hates it with a passion.

Thank you! That red thing is actually her christmas stocking! Other than that once a year she doesn''t usually carry around anything accessories-she hates them!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
susigrneyes and strmrdr: your dogs are so gorgeous! Dogs in their golden years always make me so happy and sad at the same time--happy thinking of all the love and joy they must have shared with you both, and sad thinking that they don't have 50 more years with you! I want to hig them both. I wish dogs lived as long as we do!

mellyjm: those puppy pictures are awesome! We have some of Seamus when he fit in the palm of our hands, but we adopted Dreamer and so we never had baby pictures of her! We regret that we didn't get to have her when she was so young!

777_LDY: Your boxer is so cute! It must have been HOT when you took those puppy pics, his tongue is huge! haha I bet he is a bundle of energy!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 1:26:05 PM
Author: krispi
Here''s a picture of my dog, Hunter. He''s a 6 year old black and tan coonhound mix that I rescued from the shelter when he was just a little puppy.
krispi: I love hounds, their faces are so darling. Good for you getting a rescue dog. We "rescued" our little Dreamer, though she wasn''t in imminent danger of being put down or abandoned. When she was 5 months old, she originally joined the kennel of our breeder (who bred Seamus) to become a show dog, but Dreamer developed a genetic leg condition like hip dysplasia and so couldn''t be bred. So was in excruciating pain and totally lame in her hind leg. But there was a surgery that could save her and give her total mobility again, but it would cost about $3000. When our breeder called Dreamer''s original breeder, she said, "Oh I''ll refund the money you paid for Dreamer, but the surgery is too expensive, just put her down!" But our breeder couldn''t do that, she knew that Dreamer is a lovely dog and would make a great pet and deserved to live. But our breeder couldn''t afford the cost of the surgery and knew she wouldn''t be able to find someone else willing or able to pay that either, so our breeder convinced her vets to do the surgery for Dreamer at cost (just the cost of medicine)! Dreamer lived in the vets for almost a month before the surgery, and after, and the vets only charged $450 for everything, including spaying her. They are amazing people. We adopted her when she had healed from the surgery and just paid for her vet bills. Turned out that Dreamer''s original breeder also hadn''t socialized Dreamer properly when she was a puppy and she was extremely fearful of any and all people, especially men. Her fear was so severe we thought for a while we couldn''t keep her--our breeder has promised that is we couldn''t handle Dreamer she would take her back and keep her until shw found her another home--but after a few weeks things improved, and after a year she is much improved, but still not friendly to strangers. We''re hoping that with repeated exposure she will get more confident as she gets older. Seamus is so friendly and happy-go-lucky that is is a great model for her and we know that she depends on him so much for her confidence and sense of security. So that''s how we got our "rescue"! We love her to pieces.

DD
35.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 4:02:34 PM

777_LDY: Your boxer is so cute! It must have been HOT when you took those puppy pics, his tongue is huge! haha I bet he is a bundle of energy!
Thanks Dreamer! He cracks me up sometimes because he really is a big goofball! He tends to stick out his tongue a lot still especially when he runs, or I should say it''s more of a gallop really, and when he sleeps too! We have three small children and he has been such a good dog. My three year old can be quite tough on him, pulls his ears and rides him like a pony etc., but Kingston just gives him big sloppy kisses!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 7:10:13 PM
Author: 777_LDY

Date: 2/2/2008 4:02:34 PM

Thanks Dreamer! He cracks me up sometimes because he really is a big goofball! He tends to stick out his tongue a lot still especially when he runs, or I should say it''s more of a gallop really, and when he sleeps too! We have three small children and he has been such a good dog. My three year old can be quite tough on him, pulls his ears and rides him like a pony etc., but Kingston just gives him big sloppy kisses!
I love it! I can totally see your three year old riding on his back!
9.gif
ROTFL!

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 3:56:27 PM
Date: 2/1/2008 3:50:59 PM
Hope you don''t mind, but I posted the picture here (it was too big before, can only be 100kb and needs an unusual name to post it).

How could he(she?) be a stray? I love siamese, they look so regal. I had cats growing up and never thought I could be a dog person, but DH is allergic to cats so I found the most cat-like dogs I could find! haha... still miss those siamese blue eyes though!

thanks for posting it here! i couldnt figure it out at all!
her name is Bela (after the banjo player Bela Fleck)
we wondered the same thing - how on earth could she be a stray? but we put up posters EVERYWHERE around us, put ads on craigslist, signs at petstores and vets, etc but could not find her owner. our landlord said we had to "take her to the pound" but we decided to try to just hide her here. she does not go into the windows, so we should be safe. i feel like she came to us for a reason...she brings so much love and i can tell how appreciative she is to have a home now :)

thanks for sharing all these great pics! i love all the pets!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_dachsie, what a great story. Well, great ending, anyway. I''m sorry your little one had to go through so much pain, but good for you for taking her on!

It''s funny, her double (my roommate''s parents'' dog) has the opposite socialization problem. She was rescued from a puppy mill where she was kept as a breeder for 4 or 5 years. She LOVES people, but has no idea what to do with other dogs. She spent her entire life in a cage, so she has no dog social skills. But she knows that people have food and will pat her. She''s making great strides, though.

She lives with 3 other dachshunds - your ideal household in some ways! Except that when my roommate and her sister each bring their two dachshunds home for the holidays, the house has 8. That turns out to be a LOT of small dogs!
9.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Harley and Davidson. (original, I know)
41.gif

They are either sleeping or beginning to wrestle.

bestbudshardavie.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2008 2:38:58 PM
Author: ang3199
Harley and Davidson. (original, I know)
41.gif

They are either sleeping or beginning to wrestle.
Ahhh, that is cute!!!
3.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

My friend''s precious kitty who apparently likes hiding in or playing in bags ...

MsTia.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
And another ...

Tiacutie.JPG

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What adorable little furbabies!!!

Here is my ragdoll kitten Coltrane. He just turned 4 months last week!
21.gif

Coltrane 14PS2.jpg

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
One more, playing in the window.

Coltrane 18PS.jpg

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer, I think rescue is the only way to go for me. When I got Hunter, I had looked around at all the local rescue organizations but just hadn''t found the right dog. I decided to go to the pound (and it was a scary place!!!) and there he was. He was only 3 months old, infested with fleas, and had a really bad kennel cough. But after a week or two of flea medicine and antibiotics, he was as good as new. He does have some emotional issues that come along with being a former stray at such a young age, but my BF has become an avid fan of the Dog Whisperer show and seems to be really helping him overcome his fears. All in all, it was a happy ending for us.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - I love all these little darlings!!!
30.gif
I have to join in on the fun too - here''s our little yorkie Harry the day we brought him home at 8 weeks.

Harry01.jpg

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops - having trouble posting here...bare with me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results