shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously you and I upgrade our studs around the same time. I am saving my budget will fit H color si 1.50 each 3.0 twc I think my husband will kill me if I go over3. Just selling offa few more thinks I should have them by end of may

That's awesome, Heidi! It is funny that we do that! The max I ever imagined was 1.5 each, but I've been watching and just haven't seen a good match since there has been reduced supply of stones coming into WF over the last year. But it seems to be picking up now, and I found a pair that are 1.6 each that I may get. I've had a lot of uncertainty about it since it is little more than I want to spend, but it's a good match and who knows when they'll get a good match at 1.5 in the color and clarity I want? I have to confirm my decision on these first thing Monday morning. I'm trying to sell a couple of things, too, so I can get my basic diamond pieces straightened out!!!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome, Heidi! It is funny that we do that! The max I ever imagined was 1.5 each, but I've been watching and just haven't seen a good match since there has been reduced supply of stones coming into WF over the last year. But it seems to be picking up now, and I found a pair that are 1.6 each that I may get. I've had a lot of uncertainty about it since it is little more than I want to spend, but it's a good match and who knows when they'll get a good match at 1.5 in the color and clarity I want? I have to confirm my decision on these first thing Monday morning. I'm trying to sell a couple of things, too, so I can get my basic diamond pieces straightened out!!!

ARe you able to trade in your current 1.5 each stones?

I am working with Yekutal he is local to me and he will help me with my current studs. I am selling my dad's antique gun in May it should raise $2500 so that will give me my final $$$ . I once thought that 2.40 would be it. But you know my mom had a pair of 3.26 and my sister inherited those and they are G VVS1 (I will never afford those) but this is why I think I have a need to get close to 3.00. But i will tell you my sister wears them only for events I plan to wear mine every day so I think 3.00 is big enough for me.
Good luck can't wait to see what you get. I also after the other conversation don't know how to set them.

Yep mine are GIA International F and G so I am sure they are J here they are for your reference BCB8EB78-9F0A-49DB-AA4B-6658A24814F3.jpeg

Just jumping in to say that if your studs are graded F and G by GIA, it doesn’t matter whether they’re graded internationally or in the US, they are F and G respectively and not “actually J”. GIA has pretty exacting and consistent standards around the world. Besides, you’ll never know exactly where those stones were graded, only (perhaps) where they were submitted. Stones are often not graded at points where they are submitted and are flown out to other GIA labs. A stone can be graded in the US and then make its way to an overseas vendor, for example.

If you meant to put a different lab like EGL there instead of GIA I would concur that they are probably a few colour grades lower than stated!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Just jumping in to say that if your studs are graded F and G by GIA, it doesn’t matter whether they’re graded internationally or in the US, they are F and G respectively and not “actually J”. GIA has pretty exacting and consistent standards around the world. Besides, you’ll never know exactly where those stones were graded, only (perhaps) where they were submitted. Stones are often not graded at points where they are submitted and are flown out to other GIA labs. A stone can be graded in the US and then make its way to an overseas vendor, for example.

If you meant to put a different lab like EGL there instead of GIA I would concur that they are probably a few colour grades lower than stated!

My apologies I typed so fast they are EGL international thanks for the clarification. I am very aware and just made a typing mistake Allaboardtheblingtrain

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ARe you able to trade in your current 1.5 each stones?

I am working with Yekutal he is local to me and he will help me with my current studs. I am selling my dad's antique gun in May it should raise $2500 so that will give me my final $$$ . I once thought that 2.40 would be it. But you know my mom had a pair of 3.26 and my sister inherited those and they are G VVS1 (I will never afford those) but this is why I think I have a need to get close to 3.00. But i will tell you my sister wears them only for events I plan to wear mine every day so I think 3.00 is big enough for me.
Good luck can't wait to see what you get. I also after the other conversation don't know how to set them.

My current ones are 1.3 each, but yes, they came from Whiteflash and I will trade them in! I can totally see why you’d want to upgrade! You’ll get so much wear out of them and it will be worth it! I don’t wear mine every single day, but I wear them a lot. This will definitely be my final upgrade unless I later decide to change color or something. I am leaning toward low profile 4 prong basket settings like Tiffany does at the moment, if WF can access them.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My current ones are 1.3 each, but yes, they came from Whiteflash and I will trade them in! I can totally see why you’d want to upgrade! You’ll get so much wear out of them and it will be worth it! I don’t wear mine every single day, but I wear them a lot. This will definitely be my final upgrade unless I later decide to change color or something. I am leaning toward low profile 4 prong basket settings like Tiffany does at the moment, if WF can access them.

I' m glad this will be your last update as I feel like I am channeling you and I can't see myself in Khardashian sized studs . Ive been googling to see how large Kris Jenner and Khloe's studs a re they are huge

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

So did you go for the 1.6....... So you think that G/H is okay color as long as the cut is KING.... and eye clean

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So did you go for the 1.6....... So you think that G/H is okay color as long as the cut is KING.... and eye clean

Yes! I will say that I balance specs to match my budget. So with great cut, I am fine with G-H. Many people here go with I or J color for studs in top cut stones to increase size. I find that the mid range of colors between D and J work best for me for studs. If I were to get another superideal cut stone for an e-ring, I'd go with F or G. But because I have a couple of lower color antique style stones (I and K), the H studs work with anything I have. In general, if light return is excellent, I am not sure many people can detect the color of studs very well.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I will say that I balance specs to match my budget. So with great cut, I am fine with G-H. Many people here go with I or J color for studs in top cut stones to increase size. I find that the mid range of colors between D and J work best for me for studs. If I were to get another superideal cut stone for an e-ring, I'd go with F or G. But because I have a couple of lower color antique style stones (I and K), the H studs work with anything I have. In general, if light return is excellent, I am not sure many people can detect the color of studs very well.

I can't wait to see your final outcome with new studs. Yes as you know i have the EGL international F so I am sure Ive been living with J color studs ad the only time I notice is when I wear my jackets that are F color there it makes a difference. I am not sure when I get my upgrades if my jackets will it any more. I need to take them with me so Yekutiel can get me a pair of jackets that will work with the new studs and settings. Can't wait for our journey.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see your final outcome with new studs. Yes as you know i have the EGL international F so I am sure Ive been living with J color studs ad the only time I notice is when I wear my jackets that are F color there it makes a difference. I am not sure when I get my upgrades if my jackets will it any more. I need to take them with me so Yekutiel can get me a pair of jackets that will work with the new studs and settings. Can't wait for our journey.

Thanks, Heidi, and I very much look forward to your upgrade as well! That's awesome that you can go to Yekutiel to get new jackets, too! I have no access to a good bench jeweler where I live!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Heidi, and I very much look forward to your upgrade as well! That's awesome that you can go to Yekutiel to get new jackets, too! I have no access to a good bench jeweler where I live!

I love IDJ . They found my daughter's finances engagement ring, he has set my pink/purple diamond, got my jackets 1 pair of studs for my daughter. He has been wonderful. I have sent so many of my friends to him as well and he is less than an hour from me.
Can't wait to see all the new beautiful studs everyone is talking about.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Adding my OEC studs.

oecstudshiking.png

And a real life perspective shot.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 3.28.03 PM.png

They are approximately 4.52 ctw Edwardian old cut european diamonds in their original setting.
Measurements are:
8.61 - 8.64 x 4.87 mm
8.56 - 8.58 x 4.85 mm

I really wish there was a LOVE button to press for these! I know I commented before, @missy, but I absolutely love these gorgeous earrings!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
1930's plat. Main dia approx ,85 OEC G/H Vs1 S1Looks really big on ears. Love them but they have those old wide flat backposts with sort of russian locks so stretches the ear. I splurged but it is a dream pair.
Tally P1000996.jpg Tally P1000988.jpg

Hi @camelotshadow! These are some seriously splurge-worthy earrings!! If they stretch your ear a bit, you might want to try BlingGuard bling dots or another brand like that, they really help. You can find them on Amazon.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
After the irritation, I returned the studs and got another upgrade with longer posts. I think I might call this my final studs as I would wear it everyday and a bigger diamond wouldn’t be practical for my future daily life outside the States. If I’ll still living in the States I would definitely go for another size upgrade. But outside the States, this is big enough. The only upgrade in the future is clarity. It’s still amazed me how 0.912 and 1.06 have huge difference in ear presence.
This one is 2.1ct F Si1 ACA. I love it!

Attachments

• 7ABA5D68-8103-4DAE-BEDE-3C03E9844EA3.jpeg
    7ABA5D68-8103-4DAE-BEDE-3C03E9844EA3.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 106

Iola80

Rough_Rock
After the irritation, I returned the studs and got another upgrade with longer posts. I think I might call this my final studs as I would wear it everyday and a bigger diamond wouldn’t be practical for my future daily life outside the States. If I’ll still living in the States I would definitely go for another size upgrade. But outside the States, this is big enough. The only upgrade in the future is clarity. It’s still amazed me how 0.912 and 1.06 have huge difference in ear presence.
This one is 2.1ct F Si1 ACA. I love it!

They are so beautiful. Congratulations.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They have arrived! 1.324 ctw G SI1 ACAs from whiteflash. I went with the six prong martini settings with la Pousette backs—still getting used to them! The settings and diamonds are gorgeous and I’m very happy! I usually sleep in my studs, and I’m considering not doing that with these. No sun here this weekend, boo hoo!

I am trying dermplaning for the first time next week, btw. :)

The hand shot includes my 3-stone CBI ring in between my fingers for comparison (E color).

3BB5454B-B271-44E6-891B-1A487812529E.jpeg

Just perfect :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Reactions: Ann

Lucy-In-The-Sky

Rough_Rock
My new diamond studs have arrived!

I know these won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but my passion is antique jewelry. I adore the rustic/less precise/wonky old mine cuts. And I like the warmer colors.

My aesthetic is “vintage Hermès scarf with a biker jacket”, so these will work beautifully with my wardrobe. I love the mix of sparkle with the industrial chic collets.

The details:

~2.45 ctw old mine cuts in their original Georgian era collet settings. K/L & VS1/VS2. Super wonky little disco balls that have huge chunky colorful flashes.

DAC7BD7B-91BF-4CA5-8436-E2E275BA335C.jpeg

8C9F9FC9-2D63-4D99-B210-479318052308.jpeg

Shown here with my .84 ctw old mine cut studs (K, if I recall) set in rose gold for a size comparison.

C64DF118-1C15-408A-895C-2FF2B9B8F504.jpeg

And an ear selfie for size perspective.

01BB4B2E-F344-4283-9B61-07BFF9CA7F3D.jpeg

Diamonds are 6.75 x 6.5 and 6.9 x 7. With collets, both are about 8.7 x 8.8.

Ear shots are so hard. I may ask my spouse for help later... but that would involve admitting I bought more jewelry!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

I know these won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but my passion is antique jewelry. I adore the rustic/less precise/wonky old mine cuts. And I like the warmer colors.

My aesthetic is “vintage Hermès scarf with a biker jacket”, so these will work beautifully with my wardrobe. I love the mix of sparkle with the industrial chic collets.

The details:

~2.45 ctw old mine cuts in their original Georgian era collet settings. K/L & VS1/VS2. Super wonky little disco balls that have huge chunky colorful flashes.

Shown here with my .84 ctw old mine cut studs (K, if I recall) set in rose gold for a size comparison.

Ear shots are so hard. I may ask my spouse for help later... but that would involve admitting I bought more jewelry!
These are absolutely fabulous

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My new Brian Gavin hearts earring jackets with my whiteflash studs in a martini setting. I previously had them in the w prong setting but had to switch it because they sat up way to high and off balance in the jackets.

stunning

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

The details:

So pretty on you. enjoy...

Iola80

Rough_Rock

The details:

Beautiful and unique

H4happy

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone
I have found a way to overcome DSS for good
I got second piercing that makes my main diamond studs pop!

Attachments

• 522C15D5-3BD5-4B0C-A90C-56BFF9CB67AD.jpeg
    522C15D5-3BD5-4B0C-A90C-56BFF9CB67AD.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 54
  • AB332B27-DCF2-4562-894D-A54135A41189.jpeg
    AB332B27-DCF2-4562-894D-A54135A41189.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 706167B0-3715-4EA5-AFC6-C735F7B14D54.jpeg
    706167B0-3715-4EA5-AFC6-C735F7B14D54.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 57
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results