shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your casually styled pearls

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
im.going off on a bit of a tangent but i didn't want to start a new thread for one small question to dear @yssie

plus this is a great thread and needs woken up again

so what im wearing isnt a pearl :lol-2:

but just wait a mo ...
so ive taken to wearing the shorter chain to train myself back into wearing a shorter necklace - because i love pearl chokers (the 80s were a great time to be alive!)
a put this pendent on for some colour
it came in the little 'box of bits & pieces' ... im getting to my pearl related question
20220706_130919.jpg

so remember the lovelly pistachio you very kindly gave me ?
Well I'm inspired to wear it this way

So im shopping for findings for an assortment of unfinished projects and i was wondering would this fit it
.....and do you think i could fit it myself ?
although the lady who is going to be knotting my jet necklace does work in pearls ... and silver ?
im kind of loath to take it to the jewlers

Yes!! Totally!!

But I think the pistachio was full drilled? So you'll want something with a bottom, or I suppose you could just cut the post! But that wouldn't look as nice.

Maybe something like this to sit on top of the pearl...
And then a pre-made head pin for the pearl, loop it on top yourself!?

1657078782317.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes!! Totally!!

But I think the pistachio was full drilled? So you'll want something with a bottom, or I suppose you could just cut the post! But that wouldn't look as nice.

Maybe something like this to sit on top of the pearl...
And then a pre-made head pin for the pearl, loop it on top yourself!?

1657078782317.png

thank you
i will buy this right this minute
yes its fully drilled
when i had mum's (pretty average) pearl earings converted from clip ons to pierced studs they came back with like what looked like a tiny silver bead on the end

do i have to glue it as well ?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No need for the glue unless you want it, I think! If you add it (I would, personally) take a brillo pad to the bottom of the headpin, right above the bottom where the pearl will sit - the pearl will stick better if the metal is roughed up a touch!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No need for the glue unless you want it, I think! If you add it (I would, personally) take a brillo pad to the bottom of the headpin, right above the bottom where the pearl will sit - the pearl will stick better if the metal is roughed up a touch!

thank you =)2
but if you say it doesn't need it i probably wont bother =)2
what is the pint of asking for expert advice if one then doesn't take it :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

opps read that wrong
what sort of glue do you recomend ?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
opps read that wrong
what sort of glue do you recomend ?

Hahaha I like epoxy. But "what glue to use" is a dangerous question on here, vendors go to war over it :lol:
Epoxy beats superglue (cyanoacrylate) for me!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha I like epoxy. But "what glue to use" is a dangerous question on here, vendors go to war over it :lol:
Epoxy beats superglue (cyanoacrylate) for me!

so
um
the araldite that dries clear ok
my hand is all shaky just thinking about getting it on without making a mess

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are head pins that have a ball on the end or they can be flat ..like a nail. . so they hardly show at all. If you are happy for them to show headpins from Bali sometimes have a pattern soldered to the end like their classic 'flower' spacer..or I've seen some that have a small leaf shape or 'spear' point.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like it's epoxy with special sauce, should work fine!?

I can't not make a mess. I have epoxy solvent on hand at all times. Last time I glued my fingers together, though, and the husband had to help unglue me since I couldn't open the solvent tin. You win some you lose some. :lol-2:
so
um
the araldite that dries clear ok
my hand is all shaky just thinking about getting it on without making a mess

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results