shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Blue Sapphire Rings: PS Addition

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm visiting my mom right now so had to show her engagement ring! Annoyingly her ring size is smaller than mine and of course it's hard to take photos that reflect its real color. It's a dark blue but it's definitely blue and not black in real life. It's a little silky which gives it a nice glow. Her now-husband picked it out as a complete surprise and luckily she says it's exactly what she would have wanted.

I don't know the exact stats off the top of my head but I do know it has a GIA report saying it's unheated from Sri Lanka and weighs a little under 2 carats. He purchased it at a B&M store after having the jeweler bring a lot of stones in and it was important to him that it be unheated. The ring is a size 6 and I'm a 6.75. I don't know the stats on the halo stones but they're pretty firey and appear to be well-cut -- and of course would look more so if I had a better way to clean it! The setting is platinum.

1713898432093.png
1713898474629.png

What a beautiful and classic sapphire ring! Thank you for sharing it.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided to do an impromptu photo shoot with my current sapphire collection!
Blue Family.jpg

Index: 0.45ct Transitional diamond in blue sapphire/diamond Target WG ring (I purchased this completed but pretty sure the setting is from Ivy & Rose)
Middle: Antique French cut sapphire platinum band, and 1.47ct Round heat-only Sri Lankan sapphire in platinum Gabriel & Co. Amavida setting
Right: 1.24ct Oval sapphire with 0.55ct graduated OECs in WG, and an antique Sapphire & OEC carved ring in YG

It was practically impossible to get every piece looking its best in one shot, but man do they drink up the sun when viewing in person :kiss2:
Blue Family 2.jpg
240423 Right.jpg

Gorgeous ring collection

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I wore several of my sapphires today.

Blue sapphire solitaire plus blue star sapphire art nouveau stickpin conversion ring:
IMG_8563.jpeg

1920s platinum sapphire rings: "Tiffany" (VERY faint mark) blue sapphire ring, plus purple sapphire "owl" ring. The purple sapphires are probably replacements for whatever was in there originally. The seller assumed they were synthetic, but GIA says natural. (I know, I know, this is the BLUE sapphire thread. But I happened to be wearing the purples too.)
IMG_8561.jpeg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore several of my sapphires today.

Blue sapphire solitaire plus blue star sapphire art nouveau stickpin conversion ring:
IMG_8563.jpeg

1920s platinum sapphire rings: "Tiffany" (VERY faint mark) blue sapphire ring, plus purple sapphire "owl" ring. The purple sapphires are probably replacements for whatever was in there originally. The seller assumed they were synthetic, but GIA says natural. (I know, I know, this is the BLUE sapphire thread. But I happened to be wearing the purples too.)
IMG_8561.jpeg

You can show your purples in this thread any time! Gorgeous plus those blues are amazing!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results