shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me those yellow gold 80's and 90's pieces

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with @Daisys and Diamonds that referring to my wedding ring as ahem! vintage! is pushing the envelope. :lol:
Pulled these out of my jewelry box:
My mother's 20th anniversary charm. She wore this honker on a bracelet :eek2:
HEAVY 18k earrings with teeny diamonds...Love these and wear them occasionally.
18k and Lapis earrings straight out of Dynasty
Gold ball things
Ugly onyx and gold ring...what was I thinking? :lol-2:
20191004_073206.jpg
Alexis Carrington would be proud to have those in her jewel box !
(as would i)

these are power dressing to the max
but i bet you can dress them down with jeans and a white cotton shirt or tee
the onyx has me thinking
just for a bit of fun have you tried stacking her ?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So some of this might be from the seventies too. Hope it's OK to share. I do not remember/know the exact date for most of these but the decades are around 70s-80s.

This is my college ring so mid 80s
Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 6.07.48 AM.png

Probably late 70s early 80s
Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 6.07.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 6.07.28 AM.png

A more recent acquisition but originally from the 80s I think
Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 6.06.34 AM.png

Older pieces

yellowgoldonyxpearllocketfrommymom.jpeg

yellowgolddiamondpendant2013.jpg

I have lots of gold jewelry from the 70s and 80s but I don't have them here with me so I cannot share photos. One in particular was very 80s. A tri color gold necklace. Pink, yellow and white gold. Very dated. Wish I had a photo to share. It's probably in my photos somewhere. If I find it I will share it but if not I will take a photo of it when we get back to NYC.

ETA: Found one photo with the tri color necklace from the 80s. It's third from bottom sort of in the center of the photo. Comes to a point.

necklacesandkittens.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
So some of this might be from the seventies too. Hope it's OK to share. I do not remember/know the exact date for most of these but the decades are around 70s-80s.

@missy LOVE your anchor! It looks great on you and I love the gold very cool. And the tricolor necklace is beautiful, I've always loved mixing gold. And my HS ring was onyx, I think I thought I was being cool in the 90s :lol:

This is my college ring so mid 80s
Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 6.07.48 AM.png

Probably late 70s early 80s
Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 6.07.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 6.07.28 AM.png

A more recent acquisition but originally from the 80s I think
Screen Shot 2019-10-05 at 6.06.34 AM.png

Older pieces

yellowgoldonyxpearllocketfrommymom.jpeg

yellowgolddiamondpendant2013.jpg

I have lots of gold jewelry from the 70s and 80s but I don't have them here with me so I cannot share photos. One in particular was very 80s. A tri color gold necklace. Pink, yellow and white gold. Very dated. Wish I had a photo to share. It's probably in my photos somewhere. If I find it I will share it but if not I will take a photo of it when we get back to NYC.

ETA: Found one photo with the tri color necklace from the 80s. It's third from bottom sort of in the center of the photo. Comes to a point.

necklacesandkittens.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy LOVE your anchor! It looks great on you and I love the gold very cool. And the tricolor necklace is beautiful, I've always loved mixing gold. And my HS ring was onyx, I think I thought I was being cool in the 90s :lol:

Thanks and LOL you are cool @bling_dream19 :cool2: and retro is always in style. In my/our world.:sun:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want your hair!!!

Aww thanks. It's thinning quite a bit. I have always had thin hair but now it's really accelerating. It's my uncontrolled hypothyroidism and iron issues and while I have been working on these health issues for a long time I cannot seem to get them under control. Thanks so much for the compliment. The curliness helps disguise how thin it is but one day I don't think I will be able to hide that fact anymore.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a quick shot of my 80s and 90s pretties 20191006_171741.jpg
Included in this is my high school ring from the early 80s, my original wedding band and my original engagement ring setting with a pear CZ that I'm planning to change out very soon. My mom's diamond reset in the bezel necklace. And even my moms necklace with the little CZ people for my girls.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Included in this is my high school ring from the early 80s, my original wedding band and my original engagement ring setting with a pear CZ that I'm planning to change out very soon. My mom's diamond reset in the bezel necklace. And even my moms necklace with the little CZ people for my girls.

That umbrella is so cute!! :love:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That umbrella is so cute!! :love:

Thank you @suzanne2 !
It's actually my most recent peace, passed on to me from my aunt who is now in a nursing home. The story is that she spotted it in the case at a department store jewelry department. Fortunoff, I believe. She told my Uncle about it and he later went back to get it for her, so it's a fun story to think about when I wear it.

It's fairly substantial and she says that the green stone is an emerald and the white one is a diamond

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
that looks a very homeless and classic collection to me

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2389D66A-1A33-45C4-B350-9279E322332E.jpeg I’m not sure about mine Bc I actually just git it, but I’m gonna post it Bc I’m pretty sure it falls under one of these decades.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I never gave up on my yellow gold. I've always liked it and it took me a while to buy white/platinum. Now I have white, yellow, rose, but tend to wear white or yellow most of the time. I think these pieces are all from the 80's although the band was bought at estate jeweler so not sure about that.

IMG_1484.jpg IMG_1485.jpg IMG_1488.jpg IMG_1490.jpg

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
There are only few items available, at home.
The rest are in the safe elsewhere.

The earrings are the most worn even till now.
All are in 18k WY except for the necklace & soft bangle high are 22k. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 40360FB7-E929-4995-8C03-66785D75992D.jpeg
    40360FB7-E929-4995-8C03-66785D75992D.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 2FDD9DAA-AB90-4B8F-8672-02F7258BD55B.jpeg
    2FDD9DAA-AB90-4B8F-8672-02F7258BD55B.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 152

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wear them!! I have been wearing my past favs (YG of course! ). Why not? I have a jewelry box or two (or three) of past favs......I see no reason to NOT wear them! Remember the serpentine necklaces of the late 80’s? Time for a Renaissance!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my 18ct gold bracelet that my parents bought me for my 21st Birthday (1995 :-o) It literally didn't leave my wrist but I stopped wearing it around the age of 30? I fell in love with it again thanks to another PS thread about bracelet stacks earlier this year, and so it's now having a revival on my left wrist, along with some other silver bracelets I wear & my watch.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my 18ct gold bracelet that my parents bought me for my 21st Birthday (1995 :-o) It literally didn't leave my wrist but I stopped wearing it around the age of 30? I fell in love with it again thanks to another PS thread about bracelet stacks earlier this year, and so it's now having a revival on my left wrist, along with some other silver bracelets I wear & my watch.
IMG_20190731_193339.jpg
I love your bracelet stack @Alex T! Very pretty!

MaddieSue

Rough_Rock
I am absolutely loving this thread! I was feeling a little nostalgic today and put on a few of my favorite yellow gold pieces from the 80s and 90s. Although I acquired a small collection of white gold and platinum, (which has become my go to daily wear) and sold a bit of my yellow gold, I still have most of it, and recently inherited more from my mom.

I still love my yellow, and plan to bring it back into the rotation. So glad I kept it, and didn’t dip anything (like some of my friends did) .

Everything old is new again!

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
Thank you @suzanne2 !
It's actually my most recent peace, passed on to me from my aunt who is now in a nursing home. The story is that she spotted it in the case at a department store jewelry department. Fortunoff, I believe. She told my Uncle about it and he later went back to get it for her, so it's a fun story to think about when I wear it.

It's fairly substantial and she says that the green stone is an emerald and the white one is a diamond

Oh the umbrella! One of the last gifts my mom gave me was a bracelet and pin set from our favorite family jewelers. (https://www.smythjewelers.com) It was almost an identical umbrella pin without the emerald and a yg and wg bracelet with flowers. (April showers bring May flowers.) My mom passed away shortly afterwards. I loved that set and wore them carefully and only in April and May. Last April I lost the umbrella pin. I was traveling out of town on business. I franticly retraced my steps...the pin was gone. I cried for days. Of course, Smyth's doesn't carry anything like it now. I can't even wear the bracelet because it just makes me so sad. Your umbrella is so lovely and has such a sweet story. Treasure it always.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SparkleC
I'm so sorry you lost the umbrella

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh the umbrella! One of the last gifts my mom gave me was a bracelet and pin set from our favorite family jewelers. (https://www.smythjewelers.com) It was almost an identical umbrella pin without the emerald and a yg and wg bracelet with flowers. (April showers bring May flowers.) My mom passed away shortly afterwards. I loved that set and wore them carefully and only in April and May. Last April I lost the umbrella pin. I was traveling out of town on business. I franticly retraced my steps...the pin was gone. I cried for days. Of course, Smyth's doesn't carry anything like it now. I can't even wear the bracelet because it just makes me so sad. Your umbrella is so lovely and has such a sweet story. Treasure it always.

@SparkleC, did your umbrella pin look like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Round-Bril...in-14k-Yellow-Gold-Petite-Brooch/392523468408

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is so much fun! I see pieces like these posted by antique/vintage IG sellers every day. What's old is new again. :)

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
Yikes, returning to the thread nearly two months later! Since I posted this, I quit a job, started a new job, and moved! So life has been very hectic. When I was packing up my jewelry I found the catalogue description for the pin and bracelet set in the bottom of my jewelry box. I didn't realize I'd clipped it out of the Smyth catalogue. This had to be at least 15 years old! LOL! I guess I'm now a confirmed hoarder.

@KaeKae and @Redwoods-hiker-girl you were both very kind to reach out so thought you might enjoy seeing a photo of the actual pin.

Still hoping to see one someday in a shop somewhere.

IMG_4395.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mama! I'm trying *super* hard to ignore the clattering & clacking!

I love that sound. It is a nice "noise".

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

I call this my ‘trashy tanzanite’ - as 1990’s as the Rachel haircut.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I know it was 2001, but let’s call that the late 90’s on a round but who remembers when SITC/Carrie Bradshaw lost her mind when Aidan intended to propose with a pear in YELLOW GOLD?!?

For shame but pears and YG are back!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results