shape
carat
color
clarity

show me pics of old hollywood glamorous hair-dos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there,
I''ve decided to keep my original gown that is a bit antique in color and looks a little slinky and glamorous. I''m looking for some ideas of glamorous old hollywood hairstyles. I am open to either up do''s, half up-dos, or down...but I don''t want anything too stiff.

Thanks!

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is a gorgeous, ''old hollywood'' look:

oldHW.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 10:12:59 PM
Author: EBree
This is a gorgeous, ''old hollywood'' look:
It sure is! It''s gorgeous and timeless in pictures as well! Thanks Ebree.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Another:

oldhwglam.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful updo:

oldhwglam2.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Glam Flapper:

flapper.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Last one, I swear!
9.gif
(btw, I got all of these from www.brides.com)

oldhwglam3.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, those are pretty! Definitely something inspirational there. I like the waves in the last one, very pretty and soft. It seems all of the pictures have rather dark lip colors. I wonder if I should go try on some darker lipsticks and see if they would look good on me.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
K, out of curiosity what color and how long is your hair?

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
This thread would not be complete without...Veronica Lake!

Similar to the first photo posted...but a classic.

vlake.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 11:15:32 PM
Author: Sophie
This is a good question! My hair is about medium brown and pretty long. Attached is a pic, but my hair is not quite this frizzy in person.

IMG_0216zdfgzdfg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 12:19:24 AM
Author: rockzilla
This thread would not be complete without...Veronica Lake!

Similar to the first photo posted...but a classic.
Beautiful!! I love the side part!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 2:11:38 AM
Author: kcoursolle

This is a good question! My hair is about medium brown and pretty long. Attached is a pic, but my hair is not quite this frizzy in person.
KC your face looks like ken''s groin LOL ;-) I gotta tease you now... :D

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 10:22:31 PM
Author: EBree
Another:
I like this one with the "snood" type at tha nape and pulled off the face. I love updoos.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 2:23:45 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

oh geez, let''s hope not LOL!! There is a nose there somewhere, but not a penis heeehee!! Maybe I''ll show my face on here someday, but for now I''m still a litte scared to post it online.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Quote of the day, "There is a nose there somewhere, but not a penis". Love that said penis - and I giggled.

So let''s keep this post going. I think you and I are going for similar looks, and I''d love to see any ideas out there. I posted earlier about the Birdcage veils, but I''m really interested in how people have swept their hair back AND attached ''something'' in it - clips, flowers, netting, veils....

Keep ''em coming!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 2:35:08 AM

Date: 2/17/2007 2:23:45 AM

oh geez, let''s hope not LOL!! There is a nose there somewhere, but not a penis heeehee!! Maybe I''ll show my face on here someday, but for now I''m still a litte scared to post it online.
no worries - its kinda fun to tease you a *little* bit hehe I could tell by the ghost blur one that you''re pretty in there *somewhere* ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 8:20:51 PM
Author:kcoursolle
Hi there,
I''ve decided to keep my original gown that is a bit antique in color and looks a little slinky and glamorous. I''m looking for some ideas of glamorous old hollywood hairstyles. I am open to either up do''s, half up-dos, or down...but I don''t want anything too stiff.

Thanks!
BTW my mom was a hairdresser and she could tell you what decade any style was in going back to the 1500''s. And while I do NOT have that particular talent, I was wondering if you had a particular decade you were most interested in... 20''s? 30''s? 40''s? 50''s? 60''s? The very short flapper day ''dos and the 40''s pinup do''s and the 60''s that were both huge up and crisp and angular... if I were to *guess* I''m thinking 30''s to 40''s but I''m wondering if you have something in mind?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 4:32:14 PM
Author: mela lu
Quote of the day, ''There is a nose there somewhere, but not a penis''. Love that said penis - and I giggled.

So let''s keep this post going. I think you and I are going for similar looks, and I''d love to see any ideas out there. I posted earlier about the Birdcage veils, but I''m really interested in how people have swept their hair back AND attached ''something'' in it - clips, flowers, netting, veils....

Keep ''em coming!
Glad to keep you entertained LOL! I love the birdcage veils as well and the vintage styles, it will be fun to see what you come up with.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 8:05:00 PM

Date: 2/16/2007 8:20:51 PM
Author:kcoursolle
Hi there,
I've decided to keep my original gown that is a bit antique in color and looks a little slinky and glamorous. I'm looking for some ideas of glamorous old hollywood hairstyles. I am open to either up do's, half up-dos, or down...but I don't want anything too stiff.

Thanks!
BTW my mom was a hairdresser and she could tell you what decade any style was in going back to the 1500's. And while I do NOT have that particular talent, I was wondering if you had a particular decade you were most interested in... 20's? 30's? 40's? 50's? 60's? The very short flapper day 'dos and the 40's pinup do's and the 60's that were both huge up and crisp and angular... if I were to *guess* I'm thinking 30's to 40's but I'm wondering if you have something in mind?
Ya know...I wish I knew which decade I was after! I really don't know the decade styles all that well, but I do like a vintage look. I don't like the 50's style updos that are too structured and have a large bump (not sure what you call these). I love flowing waves, loose updos, shiny hair, side-parts, etc.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 8:23:35 PM
okay I found this fun site LOL
http://home.att.net/~design-house/history/history_1940_hairstyles.htm

it isn''t organized well but if you keep poking around you''ll find more schtuff and more schtuff LOL

http://home.att.net/~design-house/history/history_1940.htm

the 1920''s veils at the bottom of this page are fun!
http://home.att.net/~design-house/history/history_1930.htm
and also at the bottom are a bunch of links - but not everything is there so be prepared to click around :)
Cool links Cehra! It was really fun to look at those pictures, almost like a piece of history.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really loved the first one...but some of those long side swept styles might not work with a veil unless you put it back on your head, so you get the effect of the swing sheaf of hair. I love the Veronica Lake look, I often have my hair like that since I side part it and it is long...when I have it blown out it gets that look on the long side. I also love the dark lips with very little on the eyes, and a pale cheek, but it is a dramatic look. You have to make sure your skin is flawless and it looks best on paler skin, but with either blonde or dark hair...just if you are too tan you lose the effect.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 1:43:09 AM
Author: diamondfan
I really loved the first one...but some of those long side swept styles might not work with a veil unless you put it back on your head, so you get the effect of the swing sheaf of hair. I love the Veronica Lake look, I often have my hair like that since I side part it and it is long...when I have it blown out it gets that look on the long side. I also love the dark lips with very little on the eyes, and a pale cheek, but it is a dramatic look. You have to make sure your skin is flawless and it looks best on paler skin, but with either blonde or dark hair...just if you are too tan you lose the effect.
I do this too! I love darker lipsticks and using just a little mascara and if I don''t blowdry my hair but put a little *something* in it, when it dries it has this wave to it that ALMOST always works LOL!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 119px">Date: 2/19/2007 8:05:00 PM

BTW my mom was a hairdresser and she could tell you what decade any style was in going back to the 1500''s. And while I do NOT have that particular talent, I was wondering if you had a particular decade you were most interested in... 20''s? 30''s? 40''s? 50''s? 60''s? The very short flapper day ''dos and the 40''s pinup do''s and the 60''s that were both huge up and crisp and angular... if I were to *guess* I''m thinking 30''s to 40''s but I''m wondering if you have something in mind?
OHH! I''ll take you and your mom up on some hair trivia! I love the long lines of the 30''s, the bias cuts and the lux fabrics. I didn''t so much love the huge headpeices, wax blossoms and long veils. What else were these ladies doing then?

THANKS CEHRA and Momma!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 11:18:24 AM

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 119px">Date: 2/19/2007 8:05:00 PM

OHH! I''ll take you and your mom up on some hair trivia! I love the long lines of the 30''s, the bias cuts and the lux fabrics. I didn''t so much love the huge headpeices, wax blossoms and long veils. What else were these ladies doing then?

THANKS CEHRA and Momma!!
well... I don''t mean to sound so blunt, but she''s been dead for over 7 years or I would have actually called her up and had her help more LOL among other things late in her career, she was a wigmaster for the san francisco opera and did those amazing wigs with the crazy spirals and basketweaves and just really amazing pieces... she knew some about clothing, but really mostly just the hairstyles. In order to get into the union she had to take a test but my mom was known for being the expert - most studied the stuff then forgot it. She did work for commercials, ballet, theatre, movies, and TV but I think she liked working for the opera the best.

Anyway..... did anyone see so I married an axe murderer? I *love* her veil in that movie - it''s really more of a lace hood that then falls like a shawl sort around her shoulders...

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 2:16:12 PM

well... I don''t mean to sound so blunt, but she''s been dead for over 7 years or I would have actually called her up and had her help more LOL among other things late in her career, she was a wigmaster for the san francisco opera and did those amazing wigs with the crazy spirals and basketweaves and just really amazing pieces... she knew some about clothing, but really mostly just the hairstyles. In order to get into the union she had to take a test but my mom was known for being the expert - most studied the stuff then forgot it. She did work for commercials, ballet, theatre, movies, and TV but I think she liked working for the opera the best.

Anyway..... did anyone see so I married an axe murderer? I *love* her veil in that movie - it''s really more of a lace hood that then falls like a shawl sort around her shoulders...
EEK! I''m sorry Cehra! I didn''t even think....my (foot in mouth) condolences. She sounded like a very talented and accomplished woman and it''s a shame we can''t draw on her expertise at these times.
Again, sorry :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 3:30:20 PM

Date: 2/20/2007 2:16:12 PM

EEK! I''m sorry Cehra! I didn''t even think....my (foot in mouth) condolences. She sounded like a very talented and accomplished woman and it''s a shame we can''t draw on her expertise at these times.
Again, sorry :)
oh noooo worries :) I miss her but time heals :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results