shape
carat
color
clarity

Should Prince Harry go to Iraq?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do ya'all think?

I meant to do a poll, but didn't manage to!

This is rather belated, but I was wondering. They say that the issue is that not only would be putting his own life at risk but also the lives of his whole squadron. I quote CNN: "ministry officials have expressed concern that he could become a target for Iraqi insurgents, endangering himself and those serving under him". I admire Harry for his determination, but agree with the decision. However, i can't help but think that Britain should never have got involved in Iraq in the first place and should get the h..l out ASAP.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lien,
I agree with you. He should be treated just the same as any other military man and experience the same things but with the insurgency, he''s just going to end up an irresistable target and put others around him at higher risk.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not going to debate the entire war issue, I am so sad for all who have died and wish that we were not in it, but we are. To me, Harry should NOT go. He IS a target, the British were warned that he would be, and there is no way to totally shield him, and it would put anyone in his battalion at risk. I also think it would become a goal of the terrorists to find and kill him, and I think it would be irresponsible of the British government to put him in the war with that knowledge. While all soldiers face risk he is extraordinarily high profile and I just think it would be a terrible mistake.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
One of the main problems is that everything is reported in the media over here. Harry could have been sent to Iraq without anyone knowing and could have gone under a pseudonym if needs be. He allegedly joined the army to fight for queen and country but in my opinion, they sent him to Sandhurst because it was the honourable thing to do and that he would never be sent to war. I think it makes Harry look bad that he''s been trained for nothing, that his status will protect him regardless of the situation.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes sure he should

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 9:15:54 AM
Author: Chrono
Lien,
I agree with you. He should be treated just the same as any other military man and experience the same things but with the insurgency, he''s just going to end up an irresistable target and put others around him at higher risk.

I agree w/both.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results