shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I upgrade Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeannie

Rough_Rock
About two weeks ago I lost my original engagement ring
9.gif
..thankfully I had insurance and
they paid without much of a fuss at all. Not sure how or where I lost it or if someone
stole it from my jewelry box.

A few years back, my dear husband purchased a beautiful H&A round .90 F Superbcert from
Jonathan at Good Old Gold. This is the ring I wear everyday with my wedding band.
I would wear the original one every now and then, I had it reset in an etched setting.

Although I really love the one I still have, I now have the bug to upgrade. GOG has a
trade up policy, which is great, but I''m not sure it''s worth it (financially) to upgrade from a
.90 to 1.25 or to just keep the cash.

Do you think there would be a noticable size difference if I went up .35? or should I go more
for a more noticable change. I''m still going to go with a H&A.
Then I was thinking of changing the cut from round to a square
(not sure which one).

ANy help would be great...thank you! Jeannie

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think only you can decide if that extra 35 points makes a difference to you. Also, I think that if there are other shapes that are of interest to you, this might be a nice opportunity to switch to one of them, for a nice "change". Again, I think you have to sit and compare your .90 stone to those shapes that interest you and see if they "grap" you enough to make the change.

jeannie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input...I think I''m going to make an appointment with GOG and see what happens.
I''m leaning toward a emerald/assher cut. I''ve always liked the look of them.

Thanks!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think that is a great idea as that will give you an entirely new look! How exciting.

Also, here is a perfect example of what a good trade-up policy with a great vendor will do for you!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I have a .95c and a 1.35c...both SuperbCerts. I can see a huge difference. (I know my difference is 40 points, not 35, but I think you would probably be surprised at the size difference.)

If you decide to go with a squarer shape you may not notice much difference in size since rounds tend to look larger than squares of the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results