shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I take a gamble on this beautiful antique (?) ring ?

hunde

Rough_Rock
Hello! I came across this ring about a week ago online. I can't get it out of my head but I don't know if it's too risky to make a bid when there's no information provided about the ring itself. The bid is at around 500 USD at the moment. The seller has sold no jewellery before but has sold plenty of 2nd hand clothes, magazines etc before with great reveiws. He doesn't know what material the ring is made of or anything else really.

I love the style of the ring. So even if the center stone turns out to be glass I think I would be happy if the ring is a gold antique ring with real diamonds.

Here are some pictures of the ring, the auction closes tomorrow. Haven't bought much online in auctions so any advice would be much appreciated even if it is to fortget about it =)2

4.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg ring.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me personally, 500+ USD is expensive for a piece of costume jewellery if there is no markings to indicate the ring metal is precious (as in gold or even silver).

If the ring metal is not precious, then the stones could be paste and not diamonds.

Personal opinion and all that.

However if you like it and are willing to take the risk that it is costume, then that's what matters.

DK :))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it. Beautiful. And sounds like a good deal if it turns out to be gold...that is an appropriate price. I would not worry about the vendor. I’ve gotten some of my best bling from non jewelry vendors or first time sellers.
Is there a return period? You could get appraised. Or just purchase and enjoy.

Hm...I’m having second thoughts after looking at it again and trying to find the KK hallmark online. It could be paste. Unless you are willing to take a risk, I would not buy unless there is a return period.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is pretty but the diamonds are either paste or very poorly cut from what I can tell looking at the photos. That's a lot of money if that is the case.

If you love it offer (much) less and see if the vendor is willing to sell it to you.

Or negotiate a return period and bring the ring to an appraiser and see exactly what it is.
Without knowing what the ring is (gold, diamonds, gemstone) you cannot know if the price is fair.

hunde

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your wise words! You really helped me to clear my head. I was getting too optimistic and hopefully about this ring, just because I find it pretty heh.
There is no return period and the seller doesn’t make any guarantees about the metal or authenticity of the stones. He invited me to come inspect the ring today but given the distance, that’s not an option. There are even more bidders now so I would need to pay at least 600 to win the auction. I’m going to keep my head cool and not risk it :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is most certainly synthetic and the diamonds are rose cut. I wouldn’t pay that price for that ring myself - but if you love it *shrug*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results