shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I sell my Leon Mege setting or set a CZ into it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I am undecided as to whether I should sell my Leon Mege setting to recoup some of the money I put into the Ritani set, or set a Winfield''s CZ into.

I got in contact with Leon today and he said he could set a CZ into it for about $100 give or take, plus polish it up and resize (for free).

What should I do?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Kayla- those ladies on BTD may eat that setting up! I'd try to sell it there. (I'd say here, but that;s a nono...unless maybe Leonid would ok it?) Why notw post and see if there are any takers!
Assuming those perfect prongs are still in good shape?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I''d put a colored stone in it and make it a RHR.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2004 3:19:36 PM
Author: Hest88
I''d put a colored stone in it and make it a RHR.
Great idea Hest -- that is what I would do also.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that setting. I printed a picture of your setting and gave it to my boyfriend. (He told me to do things like that so he has an idea of what I like - not b/c I''m crazy!
9.gif
).

What about your birthstone set into it? Is that cheesy? RHR?

If you do decide to sell it, PM me!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''d have a CZ put in it. Then you can decide whether or not to sell it later. You may still want to wear it. Or you may wear it a while and then decide that you want to sell it. Yup, it would go in minutes on BTD!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''d set a colored stone into it as well. Not necessarily your birthstone but something unusual like a Tsavorite garnet a mandarin garnet would be gorgeous!! A beautiful ruby could turn it into a family heirloom.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
While Id like you to sell it to me for the 389 dollars I have in my checking account, Id also agree with the ruby/sapphire set into it. I think if you sell it you will regret it later.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless you need the cash, I''d just hang onto your LM for now and sit on it for a good six months and then decide from there. It''d be a shame to sell it and then wish you had it later. You could buy one of Wink''s interlaps for under $20 and have this set into your setting and have a fun ring IF your ring fits your right hand.

A cz in your ring will look beautiful, but you already have two diamond rings (or more???) so it may be more interesting to have a funky cut stone rather than a stone that will never quite compare to the real ones you have.

There are a few web sites with AMAZING colored stones for around 300 a piece. . .my favorite is http://www.acstones.com/

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I''d keep it and go with a colored stone.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results