shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I purchase this K colored oval?

prettyyellow2011

Rough_Rock
Hello all:

I've been lurking on this site for a while now and my boyfriend and I are shopping for an engagement ring. I recently recieved the attached pictures of an oval diamond (GIA - 2.5carats, K color with strong blue flouresence) and I would like to set the diamond in a platinum halo but i'm concerned that the diamond will look extremely yellow next to a halo with H-I diamonds. All comments/thoughts/advice are welcome.

DSCN0295.JPG

DSCN0293.JPG

Image of .jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love oval diamonds! they are really unique and so pretty. I wish i knew something about them to help you out, but i don't sadly. you might get some better feedback over on the rocky talky section of the forum. There are many diamond lovers and experts who could help you out. Best of luck!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be a beautiful stone...however, you probably will see some color difference with the melee. Melee usually look
whiter than their same color larger stones. The color just doesnt show as much in a smaller stone. Is there any way
you could go lower color on your melee? Are there any settings with melee that you can view it next to to get an idea
whether it will bother you or not?

prettyyellow2011

Rough_Rock
violet3|1309457752|2959234 said:
I love oval diamonds! they are really unique and so pretty. I wish i knew something about them to help you out, but i don't sadly. you might get some better feedback over on the rocky talky section of the forum. There are many diamond lovers and experts who could help you out. Best of luck!!

I took your suggestion and re-posted in the rocky talk forum. Thanks

prettyyellow2011

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1309458035|2959241 said:
It looks to be a beautiful stone...however, you probably will see some color difference with the melee. Melee usually look
whiter than their same color larger stones. The color just doesnt show as much in a smaller stone. Is there any way
you could go lower color on your melee? Are there any settings with melee that you can view it next to to get an idea

Thanks for the suggestion. The vendor that has this stone only uses H-I stones in their halos and side stones. I'm wondering if I'll see less of a difference if I go with side stones only rather than a halo.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
prettyyellow2011|1309458434|2959251 said:
tyty333|1309458035|2959241 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. The vendor that has this stone only uses H-I stones in their halos and side stones. I'm wondering if I'll see less of a difference if I go with side stones only rather than a halo.

I agree.... although just on the stone itself it is rather lovely. Whatever you choose goo dluck!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck, have you made a decision yet?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results