shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I keep this ring?

Candylover

Rough_Rock
I bought a morganite ring online and it just arrived today. I was super excited as it is a very cute ring as shown on the videos and photos. However I was surprised that it had inclusions as it was not mentioned in the description. I know another similar ring had inclusions as it was mentioned in the description so I opted not to take that one. However it was missed by the seller so she is offering full refund plus postage. The rings are sold out now so there is no replacement ring :(2 I am not sure, the design is very cute but I never bought a stone with inclusions. Should I keep this or get my money back? I paid £480 for it (incl. Resizing and postage fee)material used was morganite, sapphire and 14k rose gold.

Attachments

• 20201016_134643.jpg
    20201016_134643.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20201016_134633.jpg
    20201016_134633.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 26

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Aquamarine and morganite are very clean stones usually and I wouldn’t buy them if they had inclusions that are visible to the eye - unless they were cabochons where the inclusions were part of the look I was after. Hard to tell from those pictures but that stone might be windowed too - with a gem that light in tone the cutting needs to be bang on.

That price seems very high to me for poor quality stones and a rather flimsy looking setting.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I’d bet my bottom dollar the poster bought this from Etsy in the first place. I’ve seen a lot of this quality stuff.

Candylover

Rough_Rock
I’d bet my bottom dollar the poster bought this from Etsy in the first place. I’ve seen a lot of this quality stuff.

Actually no, I bought from seller's own website. I got to know them via IG. I have bought other things from her (mainly jadeite jewellery) and she has been pleasant to work with. This is the first time it happened and she immediately offered full refund. She also said if I want to keep it she can refund 20% of the cost. So I am now weighing my options and also see if I can find another nice morganite ring online. If I need to make one from scratch it won't be cheap due to UK labour cost..... =_=

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
The return policy is great so can’t fault that at all and they sound very nice to deal with. If you’re in the U.K. I can u see stand the price. I’m English but live in the Middle East so comparing to prices here is would seem expensive to me.

Candylover

Rough_Rock
The return policy is great so can’t fault that at all and they sound very nice to deal with. If you’re in the U.K. I can u see stand the price. I’m English but live in the Middle East so comparing to prices here is would seem expensive to me.

Oh how I wish things were less expensive here, I bet you can find so many great deals in the Middle East and you closer to all the resources. I have an expensive hobby in the wrong side of the world...:???:

Candylover

Rough_Rock
send it back if the inclusions will nag at you, there are many morganite options around. you should be a hand model btw!

Thanks first time being told off that, if my work contract runs out then I know what jobs I can go for:lol:

I am attaching more photos of the ring. For some reason my phone is not picking up the peachy tone of the morganite which I really like. To be honest the inclusions isn't that obvious to most people, but I had my eyes done so I now have 20/20 vision if not better, which is how I picked it up.
20201016_154423.jpg

Attachments

• 20201016_154446.jpg
    20201016_154446.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can see why you like it. It’s a cute setting. It looks like it has a big ol’ window. Can you read the newspaper through it? That might have been done to make it shallower so it’s not sitting too high. That would bug me though. We’re allowed to have stuff that’s not perfect as long as it fun and makes you smile. :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bottom line - will the fact you've paid nearly £500 for a ring with unexpected inclusions, spoil your love of it?

Candylover

Rough_Rock
I can see why you like it. It’s a cute setting. It looks like it has a big ol’ window. Can you read the newspaper through it? That might have been done to make it shallower so it’s not sitting too high. That would bug me though. We’re allowed to have stuff that’s not perfect as long as it fun and makes you smile. :)

I always try to search for the "perfect" stone. But yesterday I learnt that imperfections is OK as long as it doesnt take away the joy of wearing them. =)2

There is definitely a window and I noticed that many online sellers that sell morganite in this shape have windows too. I wonder if it is because of the shape as ovals seem to be fine and I read a post in PS that someone said they don't like morganite as they tend to have windows. Before I did contemplate if I should get the other designs but I really like this ring. I decided to keep the ring because the window and inclusions didn't bother me when I wore it for 5 hours yesterday. It will be one of my less expensive ring in my collections so I expect to wear it daily.

Last edited:

Candylover

Rough_Rock
Bottom line - will the fact you've paid nearly £500 for a ring with unexpected inclusions, spoil your love of it?

The seller was honest in her mistake and she refunded partial of the cost. The ring now cost ca. £385. I weighed my option (full refund or partial refund) and worn the ring for 5 hours yesterday. I still like the design and have decided to keep it. 20201016_164403.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The seller was honest in her mistake and she refunded partial of the cost. The ring now cost ca. £385. I weighed my option (full refund or partial refund) and worn the ring for 5 hours yesterday. I still like the design and have decided to keep it. 20201016_164403.jpg

Its nice to see some love for morganite

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it's a very pretty ring and suits your hand. I'm glad you feel happier about it now x

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful hands!

I think the color matches your skin tone too closely so the stone gets a little lost on you. Although maybe you're after a low-key monochrome look. If I had those hands, I'd want more of a look-at-me color like a rubellite.

Candylover

Rough_Rock
Beautiful hands!

I think the color matches your skin tone too closely so the stone gets a little lost on you. Although maybe you're after a low-key monochrome look. If I had those hands, I'd want more of a look-at-me color like a rubellite.

Thanks for complimenting my hands! =)2 Hahahaha I have a small rubellite solitaire ring for every day use but I am looking to buy a pink heart spinel one day :P2

This morganite is sweet and casual so I plan to use it every day and not during special occasions.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Candylover I think it looks great on you and the design really suits your beautiful long fingers. Enjoy your lovely ring in good health!

I am a rainbow gal myself.i love stones of different colors. I can certainly imagine your morganite going with lots of outfits. And you didn’t break the bank, so you get to collect some more colors later when you’re ready. Win-win!!

We should have warned you it’s addictive!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive loved morganite since i discovered its existence when it got popular as ERs a few years back
I really love the shape of your ring and the price was very good
Enjoy :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results