shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I have this fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ange679

Rough_Rock
I got engaged a couple of months ago, and originally loved my ring. Lately though, I have been noticing some of its flaws . . . or should I say, obsessing over its flaws?! I feel like when I look down at it all I see are prongs, rather than the beautiful shape of the cushion cut stone. I really wanted a cushion because I loved the shape, but I feel like it just looks too square and harsh because the prongs stick out away from the stone too much (if that makes sense). Also, it looks to me like the top left and bottom right prongs stick out more than the others which looks funny too me. If I brought it back to the jeweler do you think they would be able to "fix" my prong issue?

Thanks so much! (I attached a picture; I hope I did it right!)

100_05261.jpg

Ange679

Rough_Rock
Here are a few more pics.

100_0532.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 2:06:44 PM
Author:Ange679
I got engaged a couple of months ago, and originally loved my ring. Lately though, I have been noticing some of its flaws . . . or should I say, obsessing over its flaws?! I feel like when I look down at it all I see are prongs, rather than the beautiful shape of the cushion cut stone. I really wanted a cushion because I loved the shape, but I feel like it just looks too square and harsh because the prongs stick out away from the stone too much (if that makes sense). Also, it looks to me like the top left and bottom right prongs stick out more than the others which looks funny too me. If I brought it back to the jeweler do you think they would be able to ''fix'' my prong issue?

Thanks so much! (I attached a picture; I hope I did it right!)
Hi Ange,

A jeweller might be able to reduce the prongs a bit for you on request, certainly worth asking. Your ring is beautiful by the way!

Ange679

Rough_Rock
Last one. Thanks.

Ange679

Rough_Rock
I guess that last picture didn''t post for some reason.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
love your ring! can you maybe ask the jewler to give you (I think they are called) claw prongs? They are these small thin double prongs (at least that''s what mine look like). They aren''t heavy to look at. I barely see them on my stone. GL
35.gif

Ange679

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice! I will call and make an appointment with the jeweler and see what he says. atroop711, is there a pic of your ring I can see as an example? (is it your avatar?)

Thanks again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results